N-Europe

Very Interesting Speculation Article

BigTac

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/

by Falafelkid

While this has been one of the big rumors since the Revolution was first shown, I still don't know if there is truth to this. However I do really like this idea of some sort of projection/3d built in. Lets say that Revolution was semi-portable, included a battery chargable pack and project, and if Nintendo are able to just get at least 4 hours without charge I think Nintendo would have a hit on there hand.

Here are some qoutes on the Revolution that I think could no doubt be referring to project image/3d/portability:

Miyamoto: "It's convenient to make games that are played on TVs. But I always wanted to have a custom-sized screen that wasn't the typical four-cornered cathode-ray-tube TV. I've always thought that games would eventually break free of the confines of a TV screen to fill an entire room. But I would rather not say anything more about that."

Miyamoto: "I think maybe if I could do anything, I would make it so you don´t have to sit in front of a TV and play. If you could have a machine that you just plugged in and played inside a virtual world that - would be just great."

"Sitting in front of your monitor with a controller, there's really nowhere to go from that paradigm, all you can do is make it prettier and faster."

Iwata: "We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change."

Wada (Square-Enix): "Not just a portable, not just a console - it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform."

Either way Nintendo does have something instore for eliminating the need for a TV in the future. If it's for Revolution only 3 months to tell.

Hmmm.. I've been quite interested in the "whole new platform" comment which is why I made a thread about it possibly being portable but no one else seems to agree. Notic in the Trailer that there were no cables AT ALL (bar the freehand-nunchuck cable).

It would be a VERY sexy portable... take that PSP haha!

I believe there will be be stereoscopic 3D/projection. What do you know and what are your views BigTac?

Personally thinking on the possibilities on some sort of 3d/projection along with the Revolution system and/or stand having a chargable battery making the system somewhat portable, I love the idea. As far as what I know on this? As much as you guys. I could imagine right now the possiblities on be able to play video games without the need of a TV.

Also I should note the as far as talking with some developers they seem to be(at least 2 developers) quieting down on talk about Revolution specifics, for fear on something of concrete proof leaking. And some developers have gone as far to act like they don't know much about the Revolution. Directly from Nintendo, "Come E3 everyone will be suprised and shocked by the games and hardware features that will be revealed for the Revolution."

What about the sound? I dont think there is an speaker in there. So you would have to bring a small speaker-system.

And there dosn't seem to be an audio-out in there screens we have seen. Any thougts on this?

The Square-Enix quote is very interesting. It seems is has to be something that does it portable.

The GameCube is the ultimate portable console - it has a handle. Reggie himself has said that they _used_ to think console portability was a big deal but that they don't anymore.

Honestly, what makes people think that the new paradigm is a world full of gamers with 20 feet of blank wall space in their house, playing games with the curtains drawn, blinds down and lights off?

You all could say "the dreaming goes on" but it's obvious moving away from TV's is where Nintendo want to go. Wheather it's coming for the Revolution or another future system.

But of course what ever technology Nintendo uses in it future system will be afforable so wheather they would even be able to pull something like this off is questionable.

And as far as speakers go Nintendo go several routes.

Besides I don't think Nintendo would make something like this the only option anyway. The will always keep the simple option of hooking it up to a TV.

The projection thing really does make sense.

Broadway. Hollywood

Films use projectors, right?

Even so, there will be a TV connection, not everyone has the space for a projection screen, where my consoles are at the moment has no space at all, the Revolution is going to be in my room and I'll put a white board over my (very) big window. About the sound, Hollywood is - if this theory is correct - obviously to do the way you view the images, meaning Broadway is the way you hear them? Could this CPU be multi-functional?

No thanks.

Do something productive instead of posting no thanks, if you have no interest, dont post in the topic.

I've been wondering about all these comments about the TV limitations, they do seem to say it alot when discussing the revolution, but didnt Miyamoto there was another secret to do with the controller Instead of the console. I may have read it wrong, but thats what i read.