NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

New interview with Mark Rein of Epic games.

Moving onto Nintendo and its plans for the Revolution - what do you make of its approach? Is it a system you'd look to develop for?

Mark Rein: We're definitely interested in it and we're looking forward to seeing the specifications and where it sits in terms of graphical capability. We're interested in looking at it, we've spoken to Nintendo and expressed our interest.

source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/interviews/interviews_story.php?id=134530

Hmm... Wasn't Mark Rein the guy who said that graphics and HD are the most important things in gaming and there is no need for a gaming revolution?

Hmm... Wasn't Mark Rein the guy who said that graphics and HD are the most important things in gaming and there is no need for a gaming revolution?

That's the same guy.

What a weird guy... Maybe he just realized it´s pretty stupid to go against any of the big three (Nintendo, Sony, MS). You never know who´s the next market leader so being an enemy with one of those could be a suicide.

If you look at his quote then he really hasn't changed his position, those are still the important things to him. I wonder if his views are truly representive of epic though

Revolution? *pulls out xbox 360* look at the 360 I got in me baggg!! Look at the on button, whoaaa!!!

For those of you not familiar with unreal stuff, next gen games being made with unreal 2007 engine include project IM, Band of Brothers 3 (Gearbox have already stated their support for the console), and, fairly obviously, Unreal Tournement 2007, all fps's, all of which would work very well on the Rev.

So what im saying is forget about him talking out of his arse, and start looking at games which now may find their way into your revolution...

oh, and while im on the subject of fps's, although it is not as good as the (pc and xbox 360 versions of) call of duty, EA has just released screens of Medal of Hounor Aibourne, which, being an EA game, has a 1000000% chance of being released on the Revolution, even though at present it is only confirmed for the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

The Revolution is a significant market for the Unreal Engine 3.0 so he will have to be nice from now on :heh:

For those of you not familiar with unreal stuff, next gen games being made with unreal 2007 engine include project IM, Band of Brothers 3 (Gearbox have already stated their support for the console), and, fairly obviously, Unreal Tournement 2007, all fps's, all of which would work very well on the Rev.

So what im saying is forget about him talking out of his arse, and start looking at games which now may find their way into your revolution...

Project IM and a Midway shooter which both make use of the Unreal Engine 3.0 are confirmed for the Rev, so I'm pretty positive the Rev can handle it. I don't even think it will have to be downscaled alot, besides the resolution and the textures (which will be as sharp as 480p can do)

i'm glad he's not a games designer for the company if he thinks graphics are the be-all-and-end-all, he said in his previous interview that the next generation would be all about the graphics... how shallow!

Turn that interest into definite support and we will respect you more. We could do with Epic making games for the Revolution.

It is a miracle he's remaining open minded.

Few months back I thought we had lost him.

This is good news, and nothing more.

Revolution? *pulls out xbox 360* look at the 360 I got in me baggg!! Look at the on button, whoaaa!!!

"The controller has all the same buttons as a PS2/3 now!!"

Sign in to follow this