N-Europe

PlayStation State of Play (Tuesday 24th September 2024 @ 23:00 BST)

Julius

Wait, what?! Did they just say November 14th for Lego Horizon?! 

6 hours ago, Julius said:

This seems very realistic to me, I genuinely thought it already had one until you mentioned it, but apparently it's just "2024". It strikes me as launching between the end of October and mid-November...I don't know why but it feels to me like it could clash with DQ III HD-2D Remake (still a mouthful with just the one full word in there, dear lord!) on the 14th or thereabouts

WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hehe. Dat Sucker Punch logo.

Haha yep, those sneaky bastards totally got me :D I love a good takeout, I remembered Tsushima was 1274 when we saw "1603" and thought it was Rise of Ronin DLC. So that was a total rollercoaster. 

I need to tally it up but that was the best State of Play in A WHILE

Edited by Julius

55 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Great show for me. Ghost sequel, Dino Crisis finally arrives, Monster Hunter is out is in less than 6 months, Lego Horizon in Nov and Lunar Collection gets a UK release. Lovely stuff.

Yeah, I need to tally it up

So we got

• Astro DLC I've been begging for more details on, still waiting on that release date

• Lunar Remastered Collection

• Fantasian release date

• Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 Remastered

• Monster Hunter Wilds release date

• Dino Crisis and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain coming to PS+ Classics

• Ghost of Yōtei 

On top of that we got the Palworld shadow drop which is huge - even more so with Nintendo's lawsuit having just been announced - I kind of dig Archeage Chronicles, and if it's fully multiplayer so I can finally convince my friends to play a Souls game with me I'm totally in, and I want that white DualSense because I saw it in Astro and loved it. The Last of Us Part I on PS+ now makes sense - 2 years since launch, somehow, already - and some cool games in PS+ Essentials this month, want to give Dead Space a look (perfectly timed for Halloween) and WWE 2K24 is one me and my friends have been waiting for to land on the service. 

Let's see, looking back at my list...

7 hours ago, Julius said:
  • Playdead's next game. 
  • Ueda and genDesign's next game. 
  • An ICO remaster/remake (yes, this is now on the wishlist). 
  • An announcement of just one brand new, current gen exclusive game from PlayStation Studios. If we did get this I think the Tsushima sequel would be the obvious choice. 
  • Final Fantasy - IX or Tactics Remake (very much in the mood to replay IX). 
  • Dragon Quest VIII Remastered (have a feeling this'll be eventual Switch 2 bait to tide us over until XII, so I'm really not expecting this one). 
  • Astro Bot DLC details

On top of that, Lunar to me takes that JRPG slot I was hoping Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest would take with just how big of a deal that is, I was convinced I wouldn't be able to play those games with how ridiculous the resale prices of the PS1 versions of the games are, before even mentioning that they're coming out over here for the first time. 

I feel like Michael Huber right now, I won't lie. Nailed the LEGO Horizon date, got the Tsushima sequel and Astro Bot DLC details in the first State of Play I ask for them specifically, and that dazzling white DualSense I wanted after seeing it in Astro Bot. I knew they'd make that a thing! 

That's a 9/10 for me, and as someone who really, really sets the bar high for higher scores when it comes to events – this was just kind of everything I think it needed to be for PlayStation right now. I think a second PlayStation Studios bomb being dropped is what would have pushed it higher. Put us in our place with Yōtei, didn't bring Days Gone Remastered, hell they didn't even show the Until Dawn Remake did they?! Which is wild because that's just a few weeks away! They knew the upper limit on first-party remasters was one, and they made the right decision showing only Horizon I think. 

Edited by Julius

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Teal is where it's at.

I won't lie I blacked out after seeing the white one I was asking for

So let me just watch it back and I'll get back to you :laughing:

UPDATE: Alright thanks @Ike I guess I'm getting both :blank:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1