N-Europe

Tales of Graces f Remastered (17th Jan 2025 - Switch, PlayStation, PC, Xbox)

Mine.

Mineminemineminemineminemine. Fucking. Mine.

My all time favourite of the series. I was just thinking yesterday whether to fire up the PS4 so I could replay this, and this comes. Whatever special edition exists, I shall aim to obtain it.

However though, with the Switch on its way out in comparison, I may get it on PS5 instead. 

Either way, I'm a happy EEVIL.

• Haha 4

So… it’s a remaster of a remaster then?

Graces is alright, but it really is basically just a glorified arena combat game, because there’s precious little noteworthy gameplay outside of its (admittedly excellent) battle system.  As an RPG, it’s incredibly threadbare; with glorified corridors for dungeons.

Edited by Dcubed

14 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So… it’s a remaster of a remaster then?

Graces is alright, but it really is basically just a glorified arena combat game, because there’s precious little noteworthy gameplay outside of its (admittedly excellent) battle system.  As an RPG, it’s incredibly threadbare; with glorified corridors for dungeons.

I think the story is better than more recent ones, built upon the greatness Symphonia gave us, and as you said, battle system is awesome. If it's glorified corridors you're after though, check out Tales of Arise, I swear some of the single corridors are a longer trek than some of the areas they've got instead of a traditional overworld, and half as uninspiring.

My glasses are so rosey I can't even remember if Graces has an overworld map.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I think the story is better than more recent ones, built upon the greatness Symphonia gave us, and as you said, battle system is awesome. If it's glorified corridors you're after though, check out Tales of Arise, I swear some of the single corridors are a longer trek than some of the areas they've got instead of a traditional overworld, and half as uninspiring.

Easily my most hated Tales game that I have played. Game just dragged on for ages and a lot of the bosses were damage sponges.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Easily my most hated Tales game that I have played. Game just dragged on for ages and a lot of the bosses were damage sponges.

Symphonia 2 takes the worst title crown for me. I'm not sure what the logic is for the Arise battles, hit for ages then do a special attack, which either drags out the menial battles against weak stuff because of the cutscenes, or chips a little from bosses, which was all hardish to see with all the shiny effects they smacked on too.

20 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Performance chart for all the different platforms.

CKMjCgdmRLBetOVSPK9d

So they somehow made it run worse than the original Wii & PS3 versions of the game on Switch? Only Namco...

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2024 at 5:21 PM, Dcubed said:

So they somehow made it run worse than the original Wii & PS3 versions of the game on Switch? Only Namco...

The optimistic side of me is hoping it's like Tales of Vesperia where it's 30 outside of fights, but 60 in battles.
But then again, they also did the Tales of Symphonia "remaster", so I'm not too hopeful...