N-Europe

Atari acquires Intellivision

I am... confused. Did Atari just buy the legacy games of Intellivision? Was their aim just to add more classic retro games to their catalogue?

And more importantly, why did Inellivision still exist? Were they still developing games?

59 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I am... confused. Did Atari just buy the legacy games of Intellivision? Was their aim just to add more classic retro games to their catalogue?

And more importantly, why did Inellivision still exist? Were they still developing games?

Arari bought the Intellivision name and the IPs. The company (which is changing its name) was developing games and a console.

Composer (if he actually composed anything himself, most of his soundtracks seem to have been made by others with him taking credit) Tommy Tallarico purchased the brand initially to make a console called the Amico, with its development full of shady stuff and investment scams. It was supposed to be released around 6 years ago, with its internals being a mid-range 2014 Android phone. They also took out a load of loans and are in massive debt, with no product to show for it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I know that both companies wearing the current Atari and Intellivision brands are nothing more than shell companies that bare no real relationship to the actual Atari and Intellivisions of the 1970s, but that's still a pretty funny headline.

Try showing that to some 1970s kids and watch their minds explode :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed