N-Europe

Balatro (PS, Xbox, Switch, Steam)

drahkon

I think the Blue Seal change is my fav from the patch.

Being able to more or less consistently upgrade a certain hand type is great. Much better than how it was before! I sometimes prefer it over adding a Red Seal when given the chance from a Spectral Pack. Which says a lot as Red Seals are incredibly useful.

Unlocked every Joker on the PC version just now. Now I gotta find the remaining 7 in a run to complete my collection.
Also completed Green Stake with every Deck!

Can't wait for the new patch to arrive on PS5 so I can start the trophy hunt, which will probably be an RNG nightmare :D

On 03/05/2024 at 8:23 AM, drahkon said:

I think the Blue Seal change is my fav from the patch.

Being able to more or less consistently upgrade a certain hand type is great. Much better than how it was before! I sometimes prefer it over adding a Red Seal when given the chance from a Spectral Pack. Which says a lot as Red Seals are incredibly useful.

Oh wow! That's a much needed buff! Looking forward to that!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the latest patch arrived on consoles last Friday just as I was leaving town for the weekend :D

I'm back now and ready to start the trophy hunt! It's gonna be a long journey!

• Thanks 2

I have now reached Orange Stake with every deck on PC/Steam Deck.

Total playtime PC: 89 hours
Total playtime PS5: 90 hours

Getting dangerously close to 200 hours of Balatro playtime.

qnOiik.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

FUCK the Black Deck, all my homies hate the Black Deck.

Managed to win Gold Stake on PC with it. Now I'm dealing with it on PS5.

The "-1 hand" modifier is the worst.

THIS IS HORRIBLE. HELP.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Sometimes the stars align:

image.png

Kinda sad that both only got to X8 Mult (my Taro luck was crap) but...and this is going to be awesome:

FUCK YOU, BLACK DECK. I will never play you again. until Balatro is released on Android

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

excuse-me-ryan-gosling-i93fxxjsiizt81rk.gif

The Balatro thread on the second page of Other Consoles? :nono:

Haven't played this a lot in the past two weeks (now at 107h on PS5 and 111h on PC) but I did manage to clear Painted Deck on Gold Stake on PC. It's not a particularly difficult Deck but I hate it.
Currently trying Gold Stake with it on PS5 and I make silly mistakes early :D Anyways, can't wait for it to be done so I can move on to the other Decks which I prefer immensely.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

image.png

After almost 140h on the PC version: Gold Stake completed with every Deck! :D
The Steam Achievement didn't unlock :( Oh well...

Think I'm gonna take a break from the game for a while and then tackle all remaining Stakes on PS5 :peace:

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The game has now sold over 2 million copies, and the first major update to the game has been announced as arriving in 2025:

There will also apparently be two surprises coming this summer...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that's a smartphone/tablet under those three cards :p So one of the other two red cards will reveal the mobile version.

Haven't played this in quite a while but will definitely do in 2025 with added content :D

• 3 weeks later...

The free Friends of Jimbo update announced during today's Indie World Showcase: 

Customize your deck with 4 exciting collaborations from the worlds of The VWitcher, Vampire Survivors, Dave The Diver Among Us in the Balatro: Friends of Jimbo free update available today!

They've done an excellent job from the outside looking in of adding so much to this game, fair play to them

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Balatro Mobile releases on 26th September, launching on the Google Play Store, the App store and Apple Arcade. 

Love that the tag on their Twitter account for this is "Productivity be damned" :laughing:

@drahkon say I don't do every single thing in this game but wanted to "complete" it and get a good grasp on what it has to offer, how long of a commitment do you think I'd be in for?

Your love for the game has worn me down somewhat that I'm finally considering giving it a shot, just trying to figure out when I can fit it in before the end of the year :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Julius said:

@drahkon say I don't do every single thing in this game but wanted to "complete" it and get a good grasp on what it has to offer, how long of a commitment do you think I'd be in for?

Hard to say.
Anything between 10-50 hours, really. You can get the main mechanics down pretty quickly and then just play around some of the Jokers with one of the early Decks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hard to say.
Anything between 10-50 hours, really. You can get the main mechanics down pretty quickly and then just play around some of the Jokers with one of the early Decks.

Thanks – sounds like a perfect fit for work breaks, think I'll look to pick it up and chip away at it then :peace:

Productivity be damned indeed :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1