NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Sonic x Shadow Generations (Autumn 2024)

Announced during today's State of Play, coming to all major platforms:

Shadow the Hedgehog is back with Classic and Modern Sonic in SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS, an all-new collection featuring two unique experiences!

Play as Shadow the Hedgehog in a brand-new story campaign featuring never-before-seen powers and abilities that prove why he's known as the Ultimate Life Form!

SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS also includes a complete remaster of the classic hit SONIC GENERATIONS, featuring newly remastered versions of iconic 2D and 3D stages with upgraded visuals and new bonus content.

SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS is coming to PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Xbox Series XIS, Nintendo Switch, STEAM, and Epic in Autumn 2024!

Edited by Julius

So... it's like a SM3DW + Bowser's Fury kind of thing then? A remaster with a new game attached onto it as well?

Nice.

Surprised that they're leaning into the characters and setting of Shadow The Hedgehog, would've thought that they'd try and distance themselves from that mess of a game... (I can hear the internal screams coming from @Glen-i already :laughing:).

• Angry 1

It’s almost as if they have a movie or something similar coming out soon that would have Shadow playing a prominent part… 😁

This is a neat idea. Not a fan of Shadow at all, but I always appreciate variety, and it's a good effort, bringing substantial new content to a remaster.

But why did Sega greenlight a title that will inevitably lead to fanfiction when googled?

23 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

But why did Sega greenlight a title that will inevitably lead to fanfiction when googled?

Because this is a company that makes a lot of money from furries. 

I wonder if there's a chance that they might be able to retro-fit the Classic Sonic physics from Sonic Superstars into this port?

Because Sonic Generations plays like complete shite in comparison to Mania/Superstars...

That would actually make this a very worthwhile purchase if they could pull it off!

If this was a remake of Adventure 2 Battle, we'd be talking serious investment!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of The Year of Luigi Sega has announced The Year of Shadow: 

Sega does what Nintendid.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this