NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

PlayStation State of Play (Wednesday 31st January 2024 @ 22:00 GMT)

Worst kept secret in a while. 

Please be e̶x̶c̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ prepared to be disappointed? 

Although, Final Fantasy VII's anniversary is on the 31st Jan...is it finally time for the Rebirth demo? 

Edited by Julius

With the rumoured list, as well as things like Concord and Helldivers 2, that leaves 5+ unknown titles to be shown. Hopefully one is a genuine surprise.

Death Stranding 2 information is all I need right now.

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Death Stranding 2 information is all I need right now.

To add to all the rumours and supposed leaks going around, Kojima has just shared the SoP broadcast details on Instagram, so...I'll be shocked if you don't get it :D

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With the rumoured list, as well as things like Concord and Helldivers 2, that leaves 5+ unknown titles to be shown. Hopefully one is a genuine surprise.

That's a good shout, hadn't picked up on that. Love a surprise so fingers crossed! 

Though reading the PS Blog post about the event, it seems like we're due another round of PlayStation pretending like they care about PS VR2, so it's possible that a couple of those are going to be VR2 titles :(

Among many other updates, we’ll feature extended looks at Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin, two great games coming to PS5 this year. And we’ll give you a new look at other titles coming to PS5 and PS VR2 in 2024 and beyond. 

Just give me the next Asobi game, damn it! 

Kind of wild to me that we know so little about this year now, but it's only the end of the year...yet they're already talking about things "beyond" 2024. Urgh. 

Edited by Julius

6 hours ago, Julius said:

I'll be shocked if you don't get it :D

I'll blame you, if I don't :p

Another rumour is Sonic Generations. I'd expect nothing more than the PC version ported to newer systems. Perhaps a few costumes so they can sell a "deluxe edition".

1 hour ago, Cube said:

Another rumour is Sonic Generations. I'd expect nothing more than the PC version ported to newer systems. Perhaps a few costumes so they can sell a "deluxe edition".

Surprised that it has taken this long TBH.  Though that being said, I wonder what they’d do with it on Xbox; considering that the BC 360 version already runs at a full 4k/60FPS on Series X as-is…

Also, what about Sonic Lost World? We already have a PC version (which runs on the same engine) and have had it for a good few years now… Will that get an Xbox/PS5 port as well?

Edited by Dcubed

17 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Though that being said, I wonder what they’d do with it on Xbox; considering that the BC 360 version already runs at a full 4k/60FPS on Series X as-is…

Probably the same as the Red Dead Redemption remaster last year, I imagine? Which is to say: nothing. It'll be a PlayStation and Nintendo release, and Xbox will just continue to keep it available through BC. 

Unless there's anything new to this remaster, in which case I imagine it'll probably get a separate SKU made available. 

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Probably the same as the Red Dead Redemption remaster last year, I imagine? Which is to say: nothing. It'll be a PlayStation and Nintendo release, and Xbox will just continue to keep it available through BC. 

Unless there's anything new to this remaster, in which case I imagine it'll probably get a separate SKU made available. 

Looks like you may well be wrong…

Looks like there’s gonna be some substantial new content and not just a straightforward remaster after all!

That certainly changes things significantly :)

Edited by Dcubed

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Looks like you may well be wrong…

*stuff about potential additions and new SKU*

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952hwkoff2hoy18ywj6i

2 hours ago, Julius said:

:p

Makes sense, though. Considering how they've added silly ways to spend on almost all of their games, I guess we should've expected something - anything - to be changed here in the slightest way to make an excuse for there to be a new SKU. That it actually sounds on the surface like it could be something kind of sizeable is pretty surprising, purely because it wasn't mentioned in the initial leak/rumour. 

joker-the-dark-knight.gif

Expectations are low, and I'm ready to be disappointed :p which should make for a great show! 

Will be absolutely elated if we get something from PlayStation Studios which is original (a sequel, spin-off, whatever) and not a remaster/remake of a game from last gen. Hell, I'll take an interesting PS1/PS2/PS3 remaster. 

Not expecting it, though :(

Ah, the typical 2 minute casual late start from PlayStation. 

You'd think they'd buy a clock or something by now...

Calling the Silent Hill 2 Remake we've known about for a good while now "in development" and announcing it being available for wishlisting is...so weird. 

Asking people to wishlist upcoming games is fairly common these days, especially on steam so I'm not surprised its being used on consoles as well.

Huh, that Metro game being VR is about the most interesting thing they could've done with it. Good for them. 

We're 25 minutes in and 13 games in...how long is that DS2 trailer going to be?! 

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Asking people to wishlist upcoming games is fairly common these days, especially on steam so I'm not surprised its being used on consoles as well.

The weird part I guess is that it was included in a video at the turn of the year saying it was coming in 2024 when we hadn't had that tied to a trailer. And we still don't?

Also, they ended the reveal trailer for the Remake in October 2022 with saying it can be wishlisted, too. 

So yeah, I'm highlighting their weirdness about a lack of an update on release timing, not so much on wishlist availability :p

(though that is also a bit weird because the wishlist on PlayStation sucks compared to Steam)

"we finally caught a cat" in a samurai game trailer is the highlight of the day so far :laughing:

Wait...please don't tell me VII Rebirth is their one more/final thing? I mean, we're probably getting a demo I guess, but still...

Might have time for something else.

Maybe. 

Come on DS2, wrap up and give me some hope...

Edited by Julius

Decent showing, bit thin on the ground for first party games though... Seems like it's gonna be a pretty dry year for Playstation Studios overall.

Just caught up with everything this morning as I didn't stay up to watch it. Pretty meh SoP, which seems to be standard for these things.

Sign in to follow this