NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Is Game Ownership Important To You?

If Glen likes it then it must be bad. :p 

I've still yet to play it. The fact that I can't grind and be OP doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If Glen likes it then it must be bad. :p 

I've still yet to play it. The fact that I can't grind and be OP doesn't appeal to me.

There are other ways to be OP. Trust me on this one. I didn't use them, mind.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

There are other ways to be OP. Trust me on this one. I didn't use them, mind.

Yeah, but I don't like faffing on with certain moves and tactics. You should know me better than that by now. :D 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, but I don't like faffing on with certain moves and tactics. You should know me better than that by now. :D 

Literally an "I want to be OP" toggle in a menu.

• Haha 1

If Glen likes it then it must be bad.  

Who told you that? It's exactly the same as Chrono Trigger - enemies all respawn after leaving and re-entering the location.

And if you want to be super OP, there's purchasable equipment that you can help you with that too.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Who told you that? It's exactly the same as Chrono Trigger - enemies all respawn after leaving and re-entering the location.

Ooooh, I may give it a go then. I thought the encounters were limited.

Ooooh, I may give it a go then. I thought the encounters were limited.
Nah. That's some smelly chat.

What are they feeding you!

• Haha 1

I agree with the majority it seems.  I prefer physical media still, although I’ve seen the positives to digital downloads over the past few years more and more.  The subscription services still have so many potential flaws & issues for the future that it’s still a worry now dominantly they’re being used.

Watching the speedrunning community tackle older games at Awesome Games Done Quick this week have reminded me that Other things subscription services would spoil the opportunity for games to be enjoyed in alternate ways in the future.  Many of these games have to be played on their native consoles, often on cart but of course can be played using the digital version on the host console.  Removing games from being played in the future removes these opportunities.

Sorry, back to Sea of Stars discussion!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have tried to maintain collecting my games physical as much as possible over the last few generations.

For myself I do not like the idea of paying monthly fee to experience a game.  Being able to own it physically I can play and revisit games at my own pace.  

When subscription services decide to pull a game I do not want to be rushed to complete the game expiring.

Makes you feel compelled to use the service to get value from it.

This makes people neglect spending time from doing other things in life because they want to rush through one last game before it's pulled from the cloud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this