NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Plagiarism on the Youtube

I considered putting this in the Good Stuff Thread, because it's clearly awesome in the effort that has gone into this earth shattering evidence gathering that especially James Somerton stuff at the end. The hutzpah on some of these people who speak with such confidence whilst being fully away they have stolen material from many a place.

There was a limpdick apology which was billed as not a sob story, after a couple of minutes of saying how he nearly killed himself, which I hazard a guess not many people really believed. then proceeded to blame others. I only made it halfway through before tapping out, because it was clear he wasn't sorry for what he did, just that he actually got caught this time and couldn't use his usual defence.

Spoiler

Comment on channel following deletion after video didn't get the sympathy he was after:

Earlier tonight I uploaded a video apologizing for what I've done but it's become clear, after hearing from several people, that I am not in a healthy frame of mind to be posting anything online. I only returned home from the hospital yesterday so I should have never filmed it. I have deleted the video, but I'm sure it has been downloaded and will be shared by others online. I promise to apologize properly and in detail when I'm more mentally stable. Until then please know that I AM sorry.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, saw this around a week ago or so... it's a brilliant video and it's shocking in how brazen the plagerism really is.

Very disappointing to see James Rolfe also allow it to happen on his channel.  Cinemassacre really hasn't been the same since he brought on the screenwave guys, and it's a real shame.  At some point, his channel became a job and you can really tell which videos he had no passion for.

But honestly? This is just the tip of the iceburg with how much shit goes on with Youtube...  I didn't really want to make a thread about it on here, but I've been following what's been happening with The Completionist and all of the scandelous revelations going on with how he stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from charity.  Has been hugely entertaining and massively shocking; he's utter scum and filth.

Edited by Dcubed

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Me looking at this as someone that doesn't follow YouTubers:

what-the-fuck-is-happening-right-now-les

I fell down some rabbit hole a couple of weeks ago at work for something to have on whilst messing with my spreadsheets. I know zero of the characters involved and makes me chuckle internally when they say "I'm sure you know who X is already..." as if we all have time to follow all these people.

Not exactly plagiarism, but internet relic Maddox recently did a almost 3 hour magnum opus about his time spent with Dick Masterson and the fall of his career, 5 years in the making as he hasn't spoken a word about this since then. I used to listen to original Biggest Problem before it died and listened to the Dick Show since then, and I know there are many things incorrect in this video.

I've tried making this link play at the beginning, but whatever I try to do with the URL it keeps putting it at this timestamp

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

29 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I didn't really want to make a thread about it on here, but I've been following what's been happening with The Completionist and all of the scandelous revelations going on with how he stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from charity.  Has been hugely entertaining and massively shocking; he's utter scum and filth.

I read about this when it happened and it didn't surprise me one bit. I've not read about it since it happened. Is he going to court for fraud or has he managed to avoid that?

I kinda disliked his stuff anyway. A lot of the time there was no real evidence that he had played and completed what he said he had. Dude should have showed his trophies/achievements/100% save file after each video.

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I read about this when it happened and it didn't surprise me one bit. I've not read about it since it happened. Is he going to court for fraud or has he managed to avoid that?

I kinda disliked his stuff anyway. A lot of the time there was no real evidence that he had played and completed what he said he had. Dude should have showed his trophies/achievements/100% save file after each video.

No court proceedings at this point, but him and his family's charity have been reported to the IRS in America, so hopefully they do the audit and come down on him like a ton of bricks.  His family have also since donated $600,000 of the charity's money to the AFTD foundation after he got caught (which still doesn't account for all of the money raised, there's still a good $200,000+ completely unaccounted for).

Either way, his career is done though.  Nobody would want to go near him with a 40 foot pole at this point.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Either way, his career is done though.  Nobody would want to go near him with a 40 foot pole at this point.

I wonder how the careers of other YouTubers who defended him will be hit? There were a few who stood by him when it all kicked off.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder how the careers of other YouTubers who defended him will be hit? There were a few who stood by him when it all kicked off.

I've not been following this drama, but I'm willing to bet a selection of "I wasn't aware of X happening, otherwise I wouldn't have defended things", all videos starting with:

" *sigh* I didn't think I would have to make this video..."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Pivot to right wing punditry in 3,2...

four hours...this is going in the watch later pile...

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 12:01 PM, Dcubed said:

The Completionist and all of the scandelous revelations going on with how he stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from charity

I've only skim-read through the scandal, but wasn't the issue that the charity money was just sitting around, not actually being used for anything?

It's very gross negligence for sure, but theft implies that he pocketed the money for himself, and from what I understand, that wasn't the accusation.

(Actually, nevermind. While I was writing this post, I noticed you mentioned that there are $200 000 still unaccounted for, so I guess that's the reasonable assumption to make)

Probably went on those 3DS eShop games. I heard his donation got rejected as well, you would think that would be something you check beforehand (if it's true).

On 01/01/2024 at 8:02 PM, martinist said:

four hours...this is going in the watch later pile...

The Hbomberguy one can be watched in person chapters, at least for the first half. The second half and all their chapters are all Somerton twattery.

Alternatively for the Maddox fans in the house, he's uploading his chapters individually over a month or two (some already out) so you can catalogue your bite size Armenian action, apparently with additional content, but sources have said there isn't any.

Sign in to follow this