NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Dragon's Dogma 2

First no Vampire Survivors thread, and now this!? Come on N-E, pull your socks up. :heh:

I only played through the first Dragon's Dogma fairly recently, and felt like a complete fool for not having got around to it sooner. Had a really great time with the game though, and would say I even enjoyed it more than Elden Ring! So yeah, definitely hyped for the sequel, which is looking very good indeed. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Showcase scheduled for the 28th at 21:00 GMT!

Tune in on Tuesday, Nov. 28 1 pm PT/9pm GMT for the Dragon's Dogma 2 Showcase 2023! See brand new gameplay reveals in an info-packed 15 minute livestream, directly from director Hideaki Itsuno and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.

Look forward to seeing some more of this :D

Also recently rated in Saudi Arabia, meaning it might not be too far off? Just please not the first few months of next year, we're already set to struggle as it is :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Also recently rated in Saudi Arabia, meaning it might not be too far off? Just please not the first few months of next year, we're already set to struggle as it is :laughing:

Capcom have said that a large selling game will launch before the end of the fiscal year. Given the rating in Saudi, it's probably this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Capcom have said that a large selling game will launch before the end of the fiscal year. Given the rating in Saudi, it's probably this.

I'd completely forgot about that! Man, 2024 is already looking absurdly stacked as it is, I'm trying to figure out what I want to prioritise and where to sink my teeth in first...and we don't even know about much beyond the first half of the year :laughing: no rush to get to these games, but there's just so much! 

Now that I think about it, Dark Arisen being announced for the PS+ catalogue this month just before this showcase announcement got announced definitely makes it seem like that addition is part of their marketing strategy, and that an announcement for a release date that's not too far off is being lined up. 

charlie-day.gif

• Haha 1

Yeah, next year is crazy. Only 2 games for me that take priority and that's Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth. Everything else can wait.

I've still not played most of the big games from this year yet either!

53 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But I want it to be Monster Hunter: World 2

yakuza-kazuma-kiryu.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

But I want it to be Monster Hunter: World 2

yakuza-kazuma-kiryu.gif

I think that's what everyone was wanting. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Welp, looks like someone's jumped the gun somewhere: PEGI have listed the game's release date as being 22nd March 2024. 

7oKYW2y_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I give up on Q1 2024 already :p

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, next year is crazy. Only 2 games for me that take priority and that's Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth. Everything else can wait.

I've still not played most of the big games from this year yet either!

Yeah, honestly finishing Like A Dragon has me really torn on prioritising Infinite Wealth or Granblue first: I know I'll have a great time with IW, I'm dying to know what happens next, but also the summer vibes and wanting to save those games for when I really need them makes me want to wait; Granblue, on the other hand, is just an epic curiosity of mine that I need to play for myself to decide if it was worth the wait. And Persona 3 Reload is just...well...going to be there for when I need a beautified remake of a super long Persona I guess :laughing: I think Rebirth is probably the only one nailed down for me right now! 

And yeah, tell me about it. I've played fewer games this year for a lot of reasons, but what I have played that's been new has typically been 50+ hours long and of stupid enough quality that I've needed a considerable breather afterwards. We're in a real golden age for further backlog-filling, that's for sure :D

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

Ahead of tonight's showcase, March 22nd has been further cemented to all but officially be the game's release date, as it has now cropped up on the game's Steam page:

qQ45iWC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Capcom have been typically pretty decent at containing leaks and dates over the last half a decade or so, so I choose to believe that it's Itsuno himself personally updating these pages as he can't contain his excitement :D

• Haha 1

Yet another game releasing at the start of next year. Thankfully I'm not invested in this IP and so it's an easy pass for me.

Not a good sign if they’re trying to squeak this out right before the end of the financial year… That’s usually a pretty big red flag…

Trailer from tonight's event (and yes, March 22nd it is!): 

VOD of the event:

The physical edition looks mighty fine too! 

Hope there's a window at some point next year I can find to dig into this, but if the rest of the year is even only half as stacked as Q1, it'll be hard to see that happening :p

• Thanks 2

Probably gonna get this tomorrow.

No idea why but aside from Balatro I'm not really into playing any other games I own these days. However, DD2 tempts me a lot, even though the first game never clicked with me :D

Will trade in EA FC24 and get a copy for 40€. If I don't like it, I'm gonna sell it and move on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Probably gonna get this tomorrow.

No idea why but aside from Balatro I'm not really into playing any other games I own these days. However, DD2 tempts me a lot, even though the first game never clicked with me :D

Will trade in EA FC24 and get a copy for 40€. If I don't like it, I'm gonna sell it and move on.

Have you dropped FFVII Rebirth? I knew Julius had but I thought you were still plugging away at it.

Really happy this is reviewing well and sounds like it doesn't lose what made the first one so special.

Just now, Sheikah said:

Really happy this is reviewing well and sounds like it doesn't lose what made the first one so special.

I need to get around to playing the original. I snapped up the PS4 version last September during the TGS PSN sale when it was something stupid like £3. Figured it was worth a punt at that price.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you dropped FFVII Rebirth?

Kind of, but it's not the game's fault. I kinda struggle with a lot lately and I'm not feeling it right now.
"Why would you buy a new game then?", asks Zombie-Timmy.
"Because maybe a small change might actually help, you stupid piece of crap!" :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to get around to playing the original. I snapped up the PS4 version last September during the TGS PSN sale when it was something stupid like £3. Figured it was worth a punt at that price.
It sounds as though if you did want to just jump into DD2 you wouldn't be missing anything story wise, in case you did want to do that. But the first game is still extremely playable today.

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

It sounds as though if you did want to just jump into DD2 you wouldn't be missing anything story wise, in case you did want to do that. 

Nah, I'm too cheap these days to be splash out £60-£70 on a new release...FFVII Rebirth being the exception. I'll eventually get around to playing the original and if I like it the price of the sequel will be something a little more reasonable for me. 

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, I'm too cheap these days to be splash out £60-£70 on a new release...FFVII Rebirth being the exception. I'll eventually get around to playing the original and if I like it the price of the sequel will be something a little more reasonable for me. 

It's a Capcom game.  It'll be 33%+ off in about 3-4 months and will eventually go down to about £5 and get included with every yearly Capcom Humble Bundle.

• Haha 1

At the rate you complete them you could drop them on eBay for all your money back, haha.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like you have another reason to wait for a sale @Hero-of-Time… game’s coming in hot with severe graphical & performance issues on all platforms…

As always…

On 28/11/2023 at 4:47 PM, Dcubed said:

Not a good sign if they’re trying to squeak this out right before the end of the financial year… That’s usually a pretty big red flag…

… I am right ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Great to see this getting such great reviews!

I checked out some of the previews yesterday and unfortunately I just don't think it's for me (at least right now), just based on the general lack of direction built into game for quests and things like that. 

That being said, I've got to applaud them for their character creator and for releasing it separately ahead of the game for people to dive right in at launch. This should be the standard with far more AAA RPGs that have deep character creator systems. 

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

"Why would you buy a new game then?", asks Zombie-Timmy.
"Because maybe a small change might actually help, you stupid piece of crap!" :p

One of the most relatable things ever written on N-E :laughing: feels damn good to see Timmy is still kicking around too, even if it is as a zombie :p

Hope everything's okay, and hope you enjoy the game! :peace:

15 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

As always…

… I am right ;)

squint-eye.gif

ryan-gosling-laugh.gif

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cimt17efsnnal4bnmx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this