NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Vampire Survivors

But wait! There's more! Next batch of Paid DLC is... An Among Us crossover?

Baby, they've got the budget for animated cutscenes and collabs now!

If you can't see the thumbnail, it comes out on the 18th of December for XBox and PC.

Switch and Mobiles get it "soon".

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 5:39 PM, FalcoLombardi said:

Welp, still waiting on the latest update for the Switch version...

It's out now! Just casually updated my game on the fly. Switch version is all up to date now.

20% off the Among Us DLC for 1 week!

• Like 1

Looking forward to digging into that new deep lore lamayoh :D

What's the verdict on the latest DLC then?

It's the only one I've skipped so far as I didn't really like the look of it. Just doesn't seem like a good fit for the theme of this game. ::shrug:

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

What's the verdict on the latest DLC then?

It's the only one I've skipped so far as I didn't really like the look of it. Just doesn't seem like a good fit for the theme of this game. ::shrug:

Different themes have been a thing with all the paid DLC though? The first one swaps Castlevania out for Japanese Yokai, and the second one is European Folklore. This batch is sci-fi, and probably my favourite one.

Most of the Among Us characters have a cool co-op benefit to them. For example, the red one gets a stat boost when anyone's weapon reaches max level. The key word there is anyone, even someone else maxing out a weapon will give him a stat boost.

The new map has a neat gimmick to it, and the weapons are incredibly imaginative. The Lucky Swipe makes me laugh. A big massive ID card that swipes across the screen. Ironically, it's stronger when you have low luck, because the damn thing won't register the swipe, so it keeps trying until it gets it.

• Thanks 1

OMG! New update v1.9.102 is out now on Switch! (and presumably other platforms)

New Stages!

New Weapons!

New Characters!

New Music!

New Stuff!

No Announcement!

Out Now! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

*Starts playing the new update*
Hmm, something sounds very familiar...
...No way! :o
Vampire Survivors x Donna Summer? :heh: Now there's a combo I never would've predicted! :D

Phas3r is sure to become my new weapon of choice now. :yay:

Great update. :cool:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Phas3r is sure to become my new weapon of choice now.

Helps that it's really bloody good!

Evolves with Empty Tome? Great! Does absolutely insane damage and fires near constantly? Even better! Makes a little musical number when firing? That's the cherry on top!

Not sure whether I should put this here, or in the FF7 Rebirth thread, but oh well!

For someone who never heard of this game until that Nintendo Direct and decided to buy it... I love it. So much.

• Thanks 1

This is the next game on Switch's Game Trials feature.

"First hit's free".

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This is the next game on Switch's Game Trials feature.

"First hit's free".

Brilliant!  I’ve been too stingy to pay the £4 so far for this (that plus I’m still a long way from catching up on my backlog!), but I will definitely check this out during the trial period!

Yeah, I'll also give it a whirl. With these trials, I usually download them, fire them up and instantly quit them. I just boot them up for the free platinum points but with this I'll actually give it a go.

Decided to give this a whirl on Switch, seems like a very solid port. :cool:
It's crazy how different it is when you're just starting out though. The difficultly level in this game is completely inverted, it's actually a lot more challenging at the beginning than at the end. :heh:

55 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It's crazy how different it is when you're just starting out though. The difficultly level in this game is completely inverted, it's actually a lot more challenging at the beginning than at the end. :heh:

Well, yeah. The mindset goes from "How the hell do I survive!?" to "What do I need to make the framerate go as low as possible?"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Decided to give this a whirl on Switch, seems like a very solid port. :cool:

Yeah, port is rock solid.  That being said…

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, yeah. The mindset goes from "How the hell do I survive!?" to "What do I need to make the framerate go as low as possible?"

… this is true.  This game has the good kind of slowdown when you get to late-stage play, the kind where it’s just massively satisfying when you bring the system to its knees as you unleash pure rainbow vomit across the screen :laughing:

• Like 1

So I got this on the iPad as it was free when everyone was raving about it but just couldn’t get into it and would die within a few minutes. Decided to give it a go on Switch cause of the free trial, thought maybe using an actual controller may help. Well it certainly does, managed to last a lot longer and even break 10 minutes within a few tries. But damn, I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to powering up things and what to pick. Best I’ve found so far is to get the garlic power up item. Other than that I just end up running around avoiding things and just picking a new weapon. 
May decide to buy it one day. 

8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

So I got this on the iPad as it was free when everyone was raving about it but just couldn’t get into it and would die within a few minutes. Decided to give it a go on Switch cause of the free trial, thought maybe using an actual controller may help. Well it certainly does, managed to last a lot longer and even break 10 minutes within a few tries. But damn, I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to powering up things and what to pick. Best I’ve found so far is to get the garlic power up item. Other than that I just end up running around avoiding things and just picking a new weapon. 
May decide to buy it one day. 

With any type of game with rogue elements its really about just finding a weapon and setup that suits you best. There will be a lot of trial and error until you find what works for you and your play style.

I fired it up yesterday and enjoyed what I played but did question just what I would get out of it. I liked that there was an in game achievement system as it would give me something to work towards should I decide to buy it. Is there even an end to the game or is it just a question of surviving as long as you can and that's it?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is there even an end to the game or is it just a question of surviving as long as you can and that's it?

There is a win condition for each stage. Don't expect to reach it at the start, though.

And yeah, the unlocks are basically what people consider the main meat of 100%-ing the game.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this