NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Posted (edited)

Just started my own playthrough... quite enjoying it so far!

The Metroid Dread influence is obvious and very welcome.  Level design seems pretty solid and the game exhudes confidence in its gameplay and level design.  Playing on the normal difficulty and the game seems to offer a fair challenge, gotten a good few Game Overs so far; I do appreciate how it has the confidence to not mollycoddle the player with checkpoints.  I was a bit concerned that the full game might end up feeling too combat heavy, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case; as the combat and platforming is well balanced, and the game doesn't signpost the right direction to go so obviously (unless you choose to enable the hint system of course).  All told? Very impressed with what I've played so far :)

Can't say I'm very interested in the story or characters (though the option to play the game in Persian/Farsi language is really cool; and I selected the option immediately), but the gameplay is tops; and that's all that matters.

And yes, game does indeed look tits in S3D :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Put a little more time into the game this morning. Reached an area that is a bit of a nightmare to navigate. It's very dark and my map has been taken away. I picked up a pretty cool ability though.

Spoiler

You create a clone if yourself and then you can take its place/switch places by pressing the button again.

I can see that being used for some clever puzzle situation.

Finished the game this afternoon.

Spoiler

GKkfsSnXEAEq8Ro?format=jpg&name=large

Still plenty to do in order for me to unlock the platinum but I'm a little burnt out and will probably just chip away at it later.

The overall size of the map is a little too large for my liking. Traversal in the game is amazing but even still, it turns into a bit of a slog when you need to backtrack, especially when you have no fast travel in the area you need to go to.

Still, I had fun with the game and I applaud Ubisoft for making something like this. For a long time they've just churned out the same old stuff and so this was a breath off fresh air from them. 

• Thanks 1

I fully finished the game last night, staying up way later than I should be on a work night. :blush:

GKs3XtOWMAAJmW-?format=jpg&name=large

I actually enjoyed going for the platinum more than the main game itself. It required collecting pretty much everything in the game and this meant that I had to master all the abilities in order to get through the optional and very tricky platforming stages. Some of the most challenging sections are locked behind the side content, with one of the side missions being a very hard series of platforming jumps, where one wrong move and it was back to the start again. It was kinda like this game's version of Champion's Road. :D 

Getting around the large map wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. This was mainly due to having all the abilities at my disposal, as well as a lot more fast travel points to work with. This meant that mopping up all of the collectibles that I missed wasn't too much of an issue. Plus, the normal mob battles were easily dealt with now that I was fully powered up.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this