Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Marvel's Phase 6

Julius

27 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

This is by far the most convinced I've been a bout the upcoming Fantastic Four film :laughing: thanks for sharing this!

13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Really wish the big comic cons were like Star Wars Celebration and could be held around the world. Id love to go to one of these big events and go to proper panels with announcements etc. Our comic cons used to be OK but its depressing looking at the guest lists for them lately, its nearly all influencers.

Yeah, totally agree. It's kind of nuts that the west coast of North America is where it all goes down really for big announcements on that front these days, between SDCC and even D23 – D23 not being a worldwide thing especially surprises me, seeing as it's held in the Star Wars Celebration off-years and Disney has their parks a bunch of other places, and also it pertains to so many things outside of just Marvel, like the new Disney and Pixar stuff, park plans, etc. 

& yeah, I know there's New York Comic Con, but if we go purely by announcements and hype, I don't think it comes close to being what SDCC obviously is :D

Much as I didn't mind Birmingham Comic Con last year, I don't think it comes close to the hype or excitement that I felt last year at SWC. Which, I mean, makes sense for me individually, but even just in Europe so many of the major conventions here are held on the other side of the channel or lack that same focus, like Gamescom in Germany, Japan Expo Paris or the Angoulême International Comics Festival, and obviously Lucca Comics & Games in Italy – but none of them are really quite like the announcement-filled events that are SDCC, D23 and SWC. 

It's a real shame :(

Edited by Julius

Just posting this music - the soundtrack to one of the best moments of the film. I damn near squealed with excitement.

Such a badass entrance too.

Edited by bob

Just got back from watching this with some mates today, most fun I've had watching an MCU movie since probably No Way Home? Fell into one or two of the trappings I think comes with the territory of a multiverse story (I was constantly expecting another cameo), but yeah, made me laugh my ass off :D

Hard to tell if this is the sign of things to come and the start of a turnaround, or if it's just a splendid one-off, but either way, it was a blast :bowdown: still chuckling at the Gossip Girl joke from the opening :laughing: 

Also, banger soundtrack. 

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

GThEgQzXUAAGwfF?format=jpg&name=large

Amazing result, especially when you consider it's rated 15/R meaning it can't pull in younger audience numbers. 

Even with the context of this being US-only, it's absolutely amazing – being projected for a $400m+ opening weekend worldwide and has the potential to surpass the first Avengers ($207m) for domestic opening weekend, and if it pulls those off, would put it down as being the 6th best worldwide opening for an MCU film (behind Endgame, Infinity War, No Way Home, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) and 4th best domestic opening for an MCU film (behind only Endgame, No Way Home and Infinity War). Be great to see it pull that off! 

Really shows that there's a hunger for great and fun superhero films still and that the "decline" of the MCU is purely a question of quality and poor word of mouth – I'd only heard great things about DP&W heading into it. Really curious to see what it's legs are like, especially seeing as comedies aren't the best films to bring in repeat viewings

The Odeon Luxe I went to was PACKED, easily the third most packed I've seen it since COVID (behind only No Way Home and, weirdly, Dune: Part Two)