NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Your changes to the Revolution Controller

I really hope the bottom of it isnt like the 360 controller. It feels horrible. I wouldnt anything about it. Buttons that light up would be nice but would drain battery. And I would prefer a charge dock than having to buy batteries all the time.

You could always use the D-Pad as 4 different buttons. Then you would also have A button and the trigger(s?) on the back to use.

I think Nintendo should make the first every groinal attachment that snaps in the bottom of the controller. OK, so it isn't really changing anything about the main controller or the console, but then it's never been done before, so why the hell not. Men will never leave the sofa again.

How can people say it hasn't got enough buttons!? we haven't got a clue how any of the revo games will work. i'm sure nintendo won't have sold themselves short. love the controller, wouldn't change a thing, apart from that i hope the nunchuk control doesn't have to be connected to the revomote with a wire. i wonder if the nunchuk will come with the revomote? me thinks not.

I really hope the bottom of it isnt like the 360 controller. It feels horrible. I wouldnt anything about it. Buttons that light up would be nice but would drain battery. And I would prefer a charge dock than having to buy batteries all the time.

Okay a few problems.

LED lights stand for Low Energy Diode, it's extremely low energy consumption, because little to no energy is lost through kinetics (heat) so that would certainly not drain the battery.

The little energy they do use is worth the trade off for the information that it gives. We have the lights 1, 2, 3 and 4 corresponding to what controller is for what player on screen.

The 360 controller actually felt like a quality piece of kit to me. Though I have heard that it peeled of slightly this quality feel wouldn't go a miss. I don't want it to feel like a toy and using a variety of textures will help longevity of play. Sky TV remotes have this nice rubber grip. But of course that is your opinion.

Are you that lazy that you cannot have a box of batteries under your sink that you can't pop open the back of the case and put in 2 fresh batteries, or failing that have 4 rechargable uniross batteries, 2 in charge while the other 2 are on use.

The controller will not be using much electricity and will probably last weeks if not months of play. If you know anything about the memory condition effect of batteries you'd know that using part of a battery then charging it can lead to ions in the battery getting worn out too quickly.

Meaning your rechargable controller would be as useless as an iPod with a dud battery that can't be replaced.

Nintendo want lower costs, Nintendo want it to be accesible and the idea of a charging cradle is just preposterous. It's just something third parties will release as a cheap accesory on eBay for 1p with £7 postage for rich kids with more money than sense.

IMHO.

thought LED stood for Light emiting diode. right now looking at that pic with the hand it looks a snug fit, both sides. the one thing maybe would maybe be an extendable wire for the add-ons. i wouldntlike to be restricted to having the nunchuk addon theat close when playing a fps. also if theres a sword fight ing game, youd want to move just the controller around not the analogue aswell.

"The reason is that diode light is characterised by its low energy consumption, consuming approx. 2-6 times less energy than filament lamps. Diode bulbs are characterised by low energy consumption, long service life, considerable robustness, no UV light and no use of mercury or other environmentally harmful substances in their manufacture. Furthermore, the technology makes it possible to regulate both the colour and strength of the light."

Yeah light emitting is the technobabble name. But technically the LE is not required because that is what diodes do.

Yeah light emitting is the technobabble name. But technically the LE is not required because that is what diodes do.

.... technobabble .... but technically...

LED stands for light emitting diode. dont try and make excuses when your wrong, it makes you look silly.

you do realise about the A being far from B is a silly thing to say.. there are 2 sets of A and B

the 2 at the end of the controller

and if you gys would remmeber... the trigger is named "B" :o so yes both the big A and the trigger "B" can be presses at the same time :P

Changing the a and b to a more accessible place wouldn't hurt to play revolution games, but would mess up the NES controler setup, assuming they will use the revmote sideways to play NES games on the VC.

I would maybe depending on how games play another button under the control like the Z Button for Secondary fire in FPS and alternate weapon on RPGs

.... technobabble .... but technically...

LED stands for light emitting diode. dont try and make excuses when your wrong, it makes you look silly.

Indeed, those two are right. It's light emitting diode.

The reason the Wavebird has a huge battery life is because it has very few things to think about and send signals for. The 360 pad is pretty complex, which is the reason why i went out and bought a wired pad till i can track down a play and charge kit. It wouldn't kill Nintendo to put in a small Li-Poly battery so that we can charge it. Who cares about cost, in the long run its the best idea.

Sign in to follow this