NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

24 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it's not looking good. For games announced on this service usually the trophy lists pop up at the same time as each other.

Can confirm, no trophies :(

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Can confirm, no trophies :(

mad-kick.gif

I don't feel so bad about buying the PS1 version now. :p

Sucks that some of these games don't have trophy support. Given that the service hasn't had a strong response by publishers anyway, Sony should have kept it mandatory that trophies were included.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sony should have kept it mandatory that trophies were included.

But that would probably result in even less games on the service.
I doubt that many publishers would want to go through the trouble of adding trophies :p

Eh, it's a shame with Grandia. If I ever want to play it again I might just emulate it on my Steam Deck for convenience ::shrug:

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

But that would probably result in even less games on the service.

Outside of Sony's own stuff, there are barely any publishers supporting it to begin with. Capcom, Konami, S-E and Namco have been largely absent. Namco have shown the most support out of those listed but even then the games they have put on the service are a drop in the ocean compared to what they have in the vault. 

The PS2 selection is ridiculous. The rumours of their emulator being garbage must be true because that side of things is largely dead. PSP and PS1 are carrying the premium service and I use the word premium very lightly. :p 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

PSP and PS1 are carrying the premium service and I use the word premium very lightly. :p 

True.
I was lucky to get another year of PS+ Premium for a reasonable price, but if the Premium sub will continue being this lackluster in 2024 I'll definitely downgrade to Extra (which has been great value for me so far).

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The rumours of their emulator being garbage must be true because that side of things is largely dead

Yup.
I wonder if the rumours of them working on a better PS2 emulator (and even a PS3 one) are true, as well. I highly doubt it, though.

Just now, drahkon said:

True.
I was lucky to get another year of PS+ Premium for a reasonable price, but if the Premium sub will continue being this lackluster in 2024 I'll definitely downgrade to Extra (which has been great value for me so far).

Yup.
I wonder if the rumours of them working on a better PS2 emulator (and even a PS3 one) are true, as well. I highly doubt it, though.

I'll still subscribe to premium (mine ends this week and to subscribe again it's currently 30% off) as I do enjoy what's on the service. I've pretty much played through the majority of the PS1 and PSP games that have been added this year  and came with trophy support. There are certainly a few hidden gems amongst them that I've never played before. It's just that the service could be so much more than what it is. :( 

They need to do something with the PS2 stuff if they are to keep subscribers on the premium side of things. It's one of those things where I would love a game journalist to call them out on it and ask just what the hell is going on. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's just that the service could be so much more than what it is. :( 

Yeah, there's so much potential that's being wasted :(

I'm playing Jet Moto right now and holy hell, it wasn't easy winning a championship :laughing:  Some of the tracks are very unforgiving. The rewind feature is a godsend :p

Here's a drahkon pro-tip™: if a sign is telling you to slow down, you should slow down or you'll end up dead :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'm playing Jet Moto right now and holy hell, it wasn't easy winning a championship :laughing:  Some of the tracks are very unforgiving. The rewind feature is a godsend :p

Here's a drahkon pro-tip™: if a sign is telling you to slow down, you should slow down or you'll end up dead :D

I've never played any of the Jet Moto games before. I'll fire it up once I'm back from work and see how it plays.

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've never played any of the Jet Moto games before. I'll fire it up once I'm back from work and see how it plays.

Fair warning: It's janky :p But once you get used to the controls, the "floatiness" of the vehicle and the grappling mechanic it is quite satisfying.

The music in this game is hilarious.

You go from...

Spoiler

...to...

Spoiler

...to...

Spoiler

• Haha 2

Joins the club.

F_ecWkDW8AAvsFH?format=jpg&name=large

What a strange game. I thought it would be like Wave Race but it felt more like Motorstorm! :D

The amount of times I crashed into the checkpoint signs due to going too fast was insane. That rewind button came in very handy. It took some time to get used to the controls but once I started to feather the accelerator rather than keeping it pressed, things went a little smoother.

• Like 2

Games leaving the service next month.

• Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4 & PS5)
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo HD Edition
  • El Hijo: A Wild West Tale
  • Foreclosed (PS4 & PS5)
  • Friday the 13th: The Game
  • Legends of Ethernal
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
  • The Escapists 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Games leaving the service next month.

• Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

a07fbb3ed637c9a21552a61a20774302.gif

• Haha 2

Essentials for this month, available from 5th December to 1st January: 

• LEGO 2K DRIVE

• Powerwash Simulator

• Sable

Been curious about all of these at some point or another, so not a bad month :peace:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

One for @Julius

Hey, what about me? :(
I played this game as a kid a million times. :p

That being said, the game sucks ass.

Edited by drahkon

I remember playing loads of Phantom Menace when I was younger. Quite a hard game if I remember right.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I remember playing loads of Phantom Menace when I was younger. Quite a hard game if I remember right.

I never got to play it but always wanted to. Looks very rough now though.

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

One for @Julius

It's not quite Jedi Power Battles, but I'll take it :D

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Hey, what about me? :(
I played this game as a kid a million times. :p

giphy3.gif

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

That being said, the game sucks ass.

star-wars-jarjar.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2