NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Din

Download Festival 06

21 more bands announced today

OMG - from first to last!!! and Dragonforce!! are now playing

this is best lineup ive ever seen for download...well to the ones ive been to anyway

the line up looks so so so good! i am really looking forward to it. Dragonforce should be awesome. Quite a few of the bands playing are ones I have seen before and am excited to see again, especially Coheed and Cambria. I saw Ginger when he was in The Wildhearts, so i'm very interested to hear what his new band sounds like.

the only band on the list I actually dislike are the Zico Chain, who I saw supporting the Fall of Troy a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed by at all. very boring grunge.

Aha.

Ahahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaahaha.

All American Rejects at Download. They're gonna get slayed.

On a better note, Dragonforce!

My god...Fightstar are playing. They're gonna get some shit and rightfully so as the totally suck.

I'm so glad Tool are headlining. Just frickin awesome.:bowdown:

tomy surprise - Errr, who!?

To My Surprise is Shawn "Clown" from Slipknot's side project band. Download "In the Mood" and I bet you'll be surprised.

Bands I'm looking forward to (In no particular order):

Tool

Metallica

Deftones

Korn

Trivium

Stone Sour

Sikth

Hatebreed

To My Surprise

Soulfly

There are some shit bands playing though.

bands i wanna see (bored something to do ;))

Tool

Metallica

Deftones

Korn

Prodigy (top of list on wanna see....been fan since 1994)

FFAF

Trivium

Avenged Sevenfold

Coheed and Cambria

Soulfly

StoneSour

DragonForce

36 Crazyfists

Sikth

Inme

Fightstar (i think there pretty good but there gunna be bottled :(:(:(:( )

God forbid

From first to last

Skindred

Cathedral

Tomy surprise

The following bands will be bottled:

All American retards, sorry rejects

Alter Bridge

Eighteen Visions

Fightstar

And hopefully any emo bands that are there but I dont know the names.

And Im very happy there is no Feeder or Garbage this year, what the hell were they thinking?

alter bridge played last year and didnt get bottled...they put on a good show

no matter how hard people try to say not to bottle bands...just dont watch them and go to a different stage there will always be arseholes chucking stuff at bands they dont like.....most bottled will be fightstar but i think there pretty good...hell the guy left busted in a multi million contract to make a small time group and is working from the bottom up..i say respect for the guy.

My chemical romance and the used played last year (two big emo bands) and they didnt get bottled by anyone so i hope funeral for a friend wont be bottled as they rock

I dont get what the fuss about Funeral for a Friend is. I saw them last november on the taste of chaos tour, and despite the fact they were headliners they were absolutely blown away by The Used and Killswitch engage.

Fightstar are a band you have to respect. Charlie took a very bold and risky step, not only losing money, but alienating a whole group of peopel making a return impossible. The band has produced some very good music - listen to palahnuiks laughter - and the album has got very good reviews, particularly in kerrnag (who admittedly like to exagerate) called it the best british rock debut of the decade.

Download is so close I can taste it. Final list of whos going then. I am, who else here?

Yeah you should definately go see Clutch...unfortunately, the Download 06 lineup isnt all that appealing...I'd much rather go to Wacken Open Air...but what the hey, I'm not trekking all the way to Germany...

Bands that I would like to see are:

Metallica

Trivium

Dragonforce

Arch Enemy

In Flames

Strapping Young Lad

Opeth

Sikth

Cathedral

Tool (maybe, cause I've heard good things about them)

God Forbid (maybe...even though I've seen them twice before, and they weren't all that great...)

Bands that should have been on the Bill:

Blind Guardian

Iced Earth

Emperor

Children of Bodom

Slayer

Iron Maiden

The Black Mages!! (they do metal versions of Final Fantasy music...)

Amon Amarth

Anthrax

Bal-Sagoth

Decapitated

Behemoth

Black Label Society

Chimaira

Down

Deicide

HIM (hahah, I actually like them...oh dear...what is the world coming to...)

Kalmah

Killswitch Engage

The Haunted

Machine Head

Lamb Of God

Mastodon

Megadeth

Nile

Rhapsody

Sonata Arctica

Stratovarious

Unearth

Bands that definately shouldn't be on there are:

Korn

Funeral for a Friend

Guns N Roses

Deftones

Coheed And Cambria

Eighteen Visions

Johnny Truant

All American Rejects

Aiden

Billy Talent

...for the simple reason that they suck the manbone...

Guns N Roses

Incorrect.

Yeah you should definately go see Clutch...unfortunately, the Download 06 lineup isnt all that appealing...I'd much rather go to Wacken Open Air...but what the hey, I'm not trekking all the way to Germany...

Bands that I would like to see are:

Metallica

Trivium

Dragonforce

Arch Enemy

In Flames

Strapping Young Lad

Opeth

Sikth

Cathedral

Tool (maybe, cause I've heard good things about them)

God Forbid (maybe...even though I've seen them twice before, and they weren't all that great...)

Bands that should have been on the Bill:

Blind Guardian

Iced Earth

Emperor

Children of Bodom

Slayer

Iron Maiden

The Black Mages!! (they do metal versions of Final Fantasy music...)

Amon Amarth

Anthrax

Bal-Sagoth

Decapitated

Behemoth

Black Label Society

Chimaira

Down

Deicide

HIM (hahah, I actually like them...oh dear...what is the world coming to...)

Kalmah

Killswitch Engage

The Haunted

Machine Head

Lamb Of God

Mastodon

Megadeth

Nile

Rhapsody

Sonata Arctica

Stratovarious

Unearth

Korn

Funeral for a Friend

Guns N Roses

Deftones

Coheed And Cambria

Eighteen Visions

Johnny Truant

All American Rejects

Aiden

Billy Talent

Saw Clutch when I saw CKY earlier this year, they were good.

Quite a few of the bands you want to be there were last year.

KoRn and Deftones should be there because they are both talented and popular bands. Dont bother going into the "true" metal Vs "Nu" metal thing, I like both and dont make the distinction. Gun 'n' Roses should be there but not as headliners IMO. If it was original lineup then of course but as this incarnation, there are many bands that could have had that spot.

Saw Clutch when I saw CKY earlier this year, they were good.

Quite a few of the bands you want to be there were last year.

KoRn and Deftones should be there because they are both talented and popular bands. Dont bother going into the "true" metal Vs "Nu" metal thing, I like both and dont make the distinction. Gun 'n' Roses should be there but not as headliners IMO. If it was original lineup then of course but as this incarnation, there are many bands that could have had that spot.

Your name indicates you like Korn, so you're obviously going to disagree with me, anyway, you can't not go into Nu vs True, because Nu isn't metal at all, anyway, and I don't mind some Nu stuff, Rage against the Machine are pretty good...

Incorrect.

They have sucked ever since Slash and the others left, it's not that I don't like the music, I liked Appetite and Illusion quite a bit, but they aren't the same band they were 12 years ago.

how dare u say DEFTONES, FFAF, GUNS AND ROSES and KORN shouldnt be there...each to there own in music tastes etc dude ffs

im heading up with mates in my convertible on the thursday morning :) hope its sunny all weekend :)

According to the weather site on the download fest page its only gunna rain a little on saturday :)

if korn definately shouldnt be there why have u got a korn avatar????????

Ok... If you look at his post it says:

"Quote: Originally Posted by The Bard"

Did you get that? Or do you want me to write it on a mallet and repeatedly hit you over the head with it?

I'm The Bard, that is who I am, I have a Chrono Trigger avater. I most definately don't have a Korn avatar, not now, not ever, mmnkay Tiffany?

i think its a real pitty blind guardian arent playing. they have the new album to promote, and i believe only 1 UK date so far.

its a great pity that the slayer/mastodon/children of bodom unholy alliance tour in the US means none of them can play download. can't wait to hear the new mastodon album!

They have sucked ever since Slash and the others left, it's not that I don't like the music, I liked Appetite and Illusion quite a bit, but they aren't the same band they were 12 years ago.

I agree with you there. I thought you meant the band in general.

Ok... If you look at his post it says:

"Quote: Originally Posted by The Bard"

Did you get that? Or do you want me to write it on a mallet and repeatedly hit you over the head with it?

I'm The Bard, that is who I am, I have a Chrono Trigger avater. I most definately don't have a Korn avatar, not now, not ever, mmnkay Tiffany?

for i am MOJO JOJO for that is who i am for that is my name :indeed:

mustve been well tired when posted that last one shouldve noticed the quote in post o well :heh: u are still very harsh

Lol, don't worry about it man, It's all good in the hood.

i think its a real pitty blind guardian arent playing. they have the new album to promote, and i believe only 1 UK date so far.

its a great pity that the slayer/mastodon/children of bodom unholy alliance tour in the US means none of them can play download. can't wait to hear the new mastodon album!

Exactly! I'm going to have to trek all the way to London to see them, although I think they have space to add one more date...*prays for Manchester.* I really hope they bring either the Unholy alliance or Gigantour to the UK, that would just be super de duper now wouldn't it.

Anyone heading to Download Ireland?

I am I cant wait :D, It's going to rock so much :bouncy:

which day ya heading to soag?

Do you know if they're doing the ds lite and guitar hero tents in the RDS like th uk one?

which day ya heading to soag?

Do you know if they're doing the ds lite and guitar hero tents in the RDS like th uk one?

Im going both days, though if my friend jumps up and rapes axl rose like she plans to i may not be allowed to attend the 2nd day :-P.

Im not sure on the tents now, prob not though.

Sign in to follow this