N-Europe

Final Fantasy XVI (22nd June 2023)

Julius

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I will say that the epic fight you done yesterday evening was when the game peaks. It's all downhill from there, at least until the final battle. Have fun. :D

Eh, I think I'll take a break from the game until next year. The game is boring me to tears :nono:

Caught myself just holding L3 so Torgal can show me the way to beat some linear sections as quickly as possible. There are no worthwhile rewards for exploration.

Where did the good old FFIX, FFX, FFXII times go :(

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, drahkon said:

Eh, I think I'll take a break from the game until next year. The game is boring me to tears :nono:

Life today was more boring so I fired this up again :p

Some of the abilities you get are OP as hell...I only really have to fight when they are on cooldown. And even then it doesn't take long until I can unleash 'em again...

Spoiler

The weird fireballs surrounding Clive + the Lightning Rod = ridiculous damage by simply standing in one spot.

Diamond Dust for big AOE damage.

Gigaflare for stupidly high damage.

I barely have to press buttons anymore.

Ooooohhh how I wish this was an old-school turn-based JRPG :p

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The loadout I used consisted of an air attack that created a massive tornado, a fire attack that done huge damage and healed me, and a lightning attack that rained from the sky. There are lots to play with but those lot worked for me and so I never felt to change them.

Yeah, most abilities are viable. I used the lightning rain attack for a long time, too.

Do you know what I hate? When you save up your strongest attacks for some nice stagger damage and when you launch the first the game decides: "Nope, the boss has to do one of his big moves now so no more damage! NO MORE FUCKING DAMAGE FROM YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

This game, man... :nono:

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2024 at 2:35 PM, drahkon said:

I might just push through if over the next few days...

Decided to give up on the remaining side content and just finish it.
FFXVI = wasted potential, the game :(

Even though I played most of it in 2023, this will be on my 2024 list and I'd be surprised if any game gets a lower score from me...

But hey, the music was good. Aside from that one fight :p

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

The Rising Tide DLC floods Valisthea on 18th April:

Available for Download April 18, 2024 An unmarked letter arrives at the hideaway containing a request most curious: the Dominant of Leviathan, long lost Eikon of Water, is in need of rescue.

To heed this call, Clive and his companions must journey to Mysidia - a hidden land under a blue sky - where they will uncover the tragic history of a forgotten people.

Guess I know when I'm picking up the DLC then :p

Edited by Julius

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

The PC version finally arrives...on September 17th!

It will be a standard edition (£44.99) and a Complete Edition (£64.99, including the game's Expansion Pass), and the demo is available now!

This game's score and boss fights :heart:

Edited by Julius

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Time for a whole new user based to be disappointed. :D

boo-you-stink.gif

...at least they'll have the music and some stellar boss fights to fit between those windows of potential disappointment :p

I am kind of looking forward to seeing *that* boss fight make some PCs chug, though :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

After randomly having hundreds of videos of the game's soundtrack drop unceremoniously on the S-E Music channel yesterday, XVI's soundtrack - as well as its DLC's - aka the best gaming OST of 2023 is FINALLY being added to streaming services! 

Lovely, Dark, and Deep as my morning alarm, here we come :love: