NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Indie World showcase : 18 / 08 / 20, 5pm (UK time)

content-4-36314-indieworld18082020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Indie World 18/08/2020 Presentation Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the presentation.

Full press release and video embed.

Raji was the highlight for me, certain elements remind me of the Prince of Persia titles. :smile:

Manifold Garden looks nice as well, I didn't know that you did the Russian translation for that @Nicktendo that's cool. :peace:

(there's definitely a few games in the lineup which we may well try to obtain review codes for I reckon) :D

• Thanks 1

Ended picking up A Short Hike even though I've got and played the PC version. Its just a lovely chilled game and it's something the missus will love so she'll get to experience it for the first time and I'll get to enjoy being in that world again.

Also grabbed Manifold Garden and Spiritfarer, though both of those are on my Xbox One. Wanted to play both of those on my TV and as I have a Switch Lite and I'm getting a tad fed up of the jet engine noises coming from my PS4, thought I'd grab them there.

Most likely pick up Inmost over the weekend and Hypnospace Outlaw (I'd forgotten this was in the showcase and its something I've got on my Steam Wishlist) next week.

Plenty of indie games to play with all that and Superhot: Mind Control Delete on my PS4. Also got Ghost of Tsushima to get get through as well as Control again before the Alan Wake DLC too. Then I'll have Battletoads on Thursday this week and Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and No Straight Roads next week. Plenty to keep me occupied then... and yet there's stuff on the indie sale on Switch that I'm interested in. Hmmm...

• Thanks 1

That was a pretty solid Indie Direct, with a couple of interesting games shown, and quite a few releasing now or soon. Ones that stood out for me are Spiritfarer (already liked the concept of it in the previous Direct), Raji (although it's obviously Prince of Persia inspired), and glad to finally see The Red Lantern pop up again. Subnautica is a great addition but I already played a part of it on PC.

Card Shark, Takeshi and Hiroshi, Hypnospace Outlaw and Manifold Garden look interesting as well, but not too fussed about playing them soon so they'll go on the "wait for a sale" pile. Mixed feelings about Evergate (a bit of an obvuious Ori copy) and A Short Hike (it just looks so horrible).

With that out of the way we can finally get that normal Direct. :p 

• Thanks 1

So many shadowdrops! Great Indie Direct, loads there of interest. Garden Story looks great, I groaned at the 2021 release date though but definitely one to watch!

Ef8xeCtXoAAlOqr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A nice summary of what is coming on the indie front in the coming months (although there is plenty there without a release date). Quite a few interesting titles but the ones I want most are still TBD: Silksong and Axiom Verge 2.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this