NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Smowza

Metroid Prime 3 beam idea

Ahhhh i loved playing with that weapon.... made multiplayer a bit crazy.

Fantastic idea. Also useful in James Bond games. I remember in Goldeneye on the N64 i always had trouble on the train level cutting the bit of the train floor off to escape.

I WAS EXPECTING SOME REALLY NAFF IDEA BUT GOD YEA I NEVER THOUGHT THISONE UP AND IV COME UP WITH LOADS OF POSABILITYS NEVER MIND WOT I THINK IM TO BUSY IMAGINING SAMUS LAZOOOOR CUTTING THRU DOORS OR DAMAGED CORIDORES AND HACKING BITS OFF NASTY BOSSES WELL DONE ON THE IDEA

Cubeboy watch the caps and spelling,your a joke here so far.It would be so funny if that was what the weapon style was like,youd get quite a few pats on the back

I think the controller should vibrate a lot when it's charging up any of the beams like you see it do in MP1+2. It would make it so much more realistic and harder to aim :)

I think the controller should vibrate a lot when it's charging up any of the beams like you see it do in MP1+2. It would make it so much more realistic and harder to aim :)

Will the remote definitely have the rumble feature?

That would be ssooo cool. A final boss battle were a full charge beam is the only thing that will do damage. Then it WILL be hard to aim, leaving the end result to skill.

Will the remote definitely have the rumble feature?

Yes definately

I dont have a link to prove it but its been said many times by officials

what bond had was a frikkin laser...what the hell are u guys on???!?!?!?!

In the first post, he said: "I reckon one other beam they could make is a cutting beam (like a laser etc)."

So, like in Goldeneye, you could use it to maybe cut through obstacles in order to progress. An example would be cutting parts of an enemy's armour in order to defeat them. Or cutting parts off a locked door to open it.

In the first post, he said: "I reckon one other beam they could make is a cutting beam (like a laser etc)."

So, like in Goldeneye, you could use it to maybe cut through obstacles in order to progress. An example would be cutting parts of an enemy's armour in order to defeat them. Or cutting parts off a locked door to open it.

like any normal laser beam...

i mean no offence, its a nice and very innovative idea, very original.

but i personally think hand moving rockets would be a better idea.

perhaps...u can hit people with your arm cannon...

like any normal laser beam...

i mean no offence, its a nice and very innovative idea, very original.

but i personally think hand moving rockets would be a better idea.

perhaps...u can hit people with your arm cannon...

I think the idea was that, coupled with the aiming using the remote, it would add something new to the Metroid game. Being able to aim at a part on an enemy's armour, and then cutting it off by pressing a press and moving the revmote in a sideways fashion to reveal an exposed part would be amazing.

I think the idea was that, coupled with the aiming using the remote, it would add something new to the Metroid game. Being able to aim at a part on an enemy's armour, and then cutting it off by pressing a press and moving the revmote in a sideways fashion to reveal an exposed part would be amazing.

like a really long lightsaber?

Like it was said before, it's the grapple beam I'd love to see manipulated in more ways, moving things with it, throwing things with it, as well as swinging! They could incorporate it into puzzles too!

In regards to beams I'd like to see a larger variety, I liked the original Prime beam variations, they should keep these and add a few more to spice things up (can't think of much to be honest haha)!

Using the grappling beam is going to be very interesting. I'm looking forward to that. :) I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

If Metroid Prime 3 had a cutting beam I wouldn't want it to be a mile long. More like 10-5 metres.

Goldeneye on the N64 had a watch laser

Didn't Goldeneye have a laser gun? It wasn't a constant laser like the watch though.

Here's a thought. Using the grapple beam you could flick other peoples morphball bombs about, you know by whip-flicking them. That could make some crazy co-op play.

God... Shadow you and Stocka's Avatars are getting confusing :S

I reconise people by the sigs and avators more than there name. Anyway a cutting beam would be neat, but not as good as a lightsabreing starwars game...

Sign in to follow this