Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

dabookerman

Quick disclaimer: I'm NOT trying to have a dig at you, or make you look stupid or anything.

But what exactly does a suicide bomber dress like? Apart from the chic belt with bombs on it?

Quick disclaimer: I'm NOT trying to have a dig at you, or make you look stupid or anything.

But isn't the belt with bombs on it the defining point of recognising a suicide bomber? Surely if you see someone wearing a belt of bombs you would believe them to be a suicide bomber.. I just don't see the point you're trying to make there :S

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But isn't the belt with bombs on it the defining point of recognising a suicide bomber? Surely if you see someone wearing a belt of bombs you would believe them to be a suicide bomber.. I just don't see the point you're trying to make there :S

My question was what does a suicide bomber wear, followed by a joke which was that of course, they wear a bomb. But, obveously, this guy wasn't wearing bombs as he would have been arrested. So my question was, what was he wearing? Sorry if the way I wrote it was misleading/confusing.

Don't let BNP propoganda make you hate the entire muslim community for the actions of 30 odd people

I dunno about you but i havent read or seen any BNP propoganda. I can make up my own mind thanks.

As for the guy who has been said to be dressed as a suicide bomber i read it here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/05/nflag105.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/05/ixnewstop.html

In London, a crowd of 1,000 Muslims clutching orange placards demonstrated outside the Danish embassy. Two dressed as suicide bombers were allowed to stand next to a police van while officers - who had made no arrests the previous day - tried to prevent photographers from taking pictures of them.

Man dressed as a suicide bomber outside the Danish embassy

The protesters chanted Allah Aqbar (God Is Great), and their placards bore slogans including: "Free Speech Equals Cheap Insults"; "Rudeness, Slander, Disrespect: Is This Freedom Of Speech?"; "Leave Muslims alone" and "Freedom is hypocrisy".

Another placard had pictures of Tony Blair, George Bush and Ariel Sharon with the caption: "Wanted terrorists".

It's hardly BNP propaganda Domo Kun.....these signs do exist and these people were holding them. Propaganda is like lying and brainwashing, whereas this is simply showing facts.

And plus, those signs aren't necisserily written by a small few/1 person. Writing becomes similar when it is big like that!!

It's hardly BNP propaganda Domo Kun.....these signs do exist and these people were holding them. Propaganda is like lying and brainwashing, whereas this is simply showing facts.

I was refering to the fact that there will inevitably be a right-wing backlash to this that will over emphasise what actually happened and make it seem like all Muslims are loonitics.

no problem I should have realised, but he was actually wearing bombs (things that looked remarkably like bombs), it was in one of the papers, they were getting off a train (3 of them, only one had 'bombs' on him though).

Do you have a picture of this!? How on earth was he not arrested!? A Brazilian electrician with a backpack was shot in the head 5 times and this guy wasn't even confronted?

The protesters chanted Allah Aqbar (God Is Great), and their placards bore slogans including: "Free Speech Equals Cheap Insults"; "Rudeness, Slander, Disrespect: Is This Freedom Of Speech?"; "Leave Muslims alone" and "Freedom is hypocrisy".

I don't see anything offensive with them saying those things. The 'Rudeness, slander, disrespect: Is this freedom of speech?' is a pretty good point.

The dressing up as suicide bombers is terribly stupid and insensitive. It's also not doing themselves or the 99.9% of rational muslims any favours.

I'm pretty sure he was speaking figuratively. Relax.

I know he probably was, but i do believe the BNP have kept pretty quiet over all this and would like to know where he has seen or if he has seen that they are stiring it up even more with their "propaganda".

And plus, those signs aren't necisserily written by a small few/1 person. Writing becomes similar when it is big like that!!

Look at them though, they are all almost identical. Heck, the card they are mounted on looks like it came from the same cardboard box.

From the telegraph:

nflag105b.jpg

Unchallenged, a man poses as a suicide bomber.

Police stop press taking pictures

As for the signs looking the same the telegraph say:

The uniformity of the placards suggested that the protest had been organised to prevent a repetition of the scenes the previous day when demonstrators carried placards declaring: "Butcher those who insult Islam" and chanted slogans threatening a July 7th attack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/05/nflag105.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/05/ixnewstop.html

I of course dont always believe what the papers say but i do respect the telegraph and have also made up my own mind about these protesting idiots after seeing some in the flesh on friday.

Look at them though, they are all almost identical. Heck, the card they are mounted on looks like it came from the same cardboard box.

Not true. The "E"s on the freedom of speech got to hell sign is rounded whereas the behead sign has square "E"s. Also the "D"s are different. And on the freedom sign the letters are all the same size but on the behead sign the first letter is considerably larger than the others.

nflag1056db.jpg

Platty is this the nice lady police officer you kept smiling at?

I know he probably was, but i do believe the BNP have kept pretty quiet over all this and would like to know where he has seen or if he has seen that they are stiring it up even more with their "propaganda".

No, I haven't seen any BNP propaganda, but there will no doubt be biased accounts of the recent events on their website and in the Daily Mail.

I'm in no way defending the idiots who are actually protesting in these terrible ways, I'm just saying there's so few of them who're actually being irresponsible.

What do those signs actually say?

I think he meant is that there will inevitably be a right-wing BNP style, dumbass, imperialistic response to this (probably in the Daily Mail). I think what he is trying to get at though is the media coverage, which I personally don't find to be totally satisfactory. I just can't help but feel that the media has allowed its self to be hijacked by the Islamic extremist minority, and that the right wing extremist minority are bound to use this to their own political advantage.

EDIT: I totally agree with Domo Kun just up there, my point is we shouldn't overreact to the Islamic community just because a few idiots say something crappy. The problem is some people inevitably will.

'Allah is the only God, and Muhammad is his prophet,' , left, and ''Muslims who will sacrifice themselves for a single strand of your hair will bring the world down on those who insult you.'

The first quotation, I do belive, is an Arabic saying along the lines of 'What Would Jesus Do?' Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The second quotation doesn't make any sense. I'd put it down to bad translation. Anyone speak Turkish? haha

Can someone say something that will stop me worrying that i am going to die in July (or next month according to the 3/11 one). Im worried there will be a serious wave of attacks and that loads of muslims are going to start attacking people.

How about this:

50 people died in the bombings in London.

Last week, 10 people were murdered in London (there was a report on the local news that said that). I think an advert said one person a day is killed by London traffic. 1/3 of are 'affected' by cancer.

Worry about looking left and right before you cross the road, not about the Asain guy with his sports equipment in his backpack.

How about this:

50 people died in the bombings in London.

Last week, 10 people were murdered in London (there was a report on the local news that said that). I think an advert said one person a day is killed by London traffic. 1/3 of are 'affected' by cancer.

Worry about looking left and right before you cross the road, not about the Asain guy with his sports equipment in his backpack.

Yes but the bombings can be easily prevented. And before anyone asks "how?" by stopping those violent protests for one.

Yes but the bombings can be easily prevented. And before anyone asks "how?" by stopping those violent protests for one.

I agree! I was just explaining to Retro-Lover that we have little to worry about.

Edit: Actually, I don't agree that these protests will insight attacks. I don't have an opinion on that matter.

Actually i wouldnt say we have little to worry about. London is and has always been a big target for terrorist groups not just from islamic extremists and Al Qaida but from all kinds of groups and still including those from Rebuplican ireland. Many attacks are stopped before they gather some steam and carried out, most being stopped in the planning stages due to our great police force and intelligent agencies and fantastic links with other forces abroad. 7/7 was just one that unfortunetly slipped through. Many before that have been stopped but of course we dont get to hear much about those.

So i wouldnt say we have little to worry about. A major city is always a threat but you shouldnt let that scare you out of doing everyday things cos otherwise terrorist groups win.