N-Europe

Revolution game list

Stabby

I might have to get my Pangya character buffed up a bit, see if it is transferable. The good thing, it's designed to be played online and is free to play, you only pay if you want specific extra items and are unwilling to spend the time building up points to spend, instead.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tecmo just confirmed Sukatto Golf Pangya Revolution will be a Revolution game, it will be shipped at launch. It is co-developed by NTREEV Software.

Picture: http://www.consolewars.de/gen/fetchpics.php?aidx=34550&database=attachments

Which doesn't let me say "WOW" at all but it is from the PC Version.

Erk, doesn't look great does it?

Haha, you can tell Tecmo made this game, upskirts for all.

My dates for my trip changed so I'm back earlier than expected.

I'm back from EA HQ where I was able see some of the controling methods and experiments going to be used in some of it's games. Basically they have Revolution software availible and playable on the hardware but that wasn't what I saw. The demos were built from Madden, NHL, Fifa... on the Gamecube but optimised to use the Revolution controller. From what I gather EA may plan on creating 2 methods of game control. Using the classic-shell(cradle) and also using the nunchuk attachment with the freehand controller. Some of the controlling methods seem like a gimmick while some excellent and a few of them seemed a bit hard to pull off. Talking with a senior executive it was hinted that EA may have a small team put together that is developing an exclusive Revolution title just for the use of the controller. Sadly nobody would confirm. As of now there are indeed supporting the 360 and PS3 the most but added that in the future it's possible that their Revolution support may grow. Also they added that they may not fully see exactly what the future is for the Revolution until next year holiday season(after a year on the market).

My dates for my trip changed so I'm back earlier than expected.

I'm back from EA HQ where I was able see some of the controling methods and experiments going to be used in some of it's games. Basically they have Revolution software availible and playable on the hardware but that wasn't what I saw. The demos were built from Madden, NHL, Fifa... on the Gamecube but optimised to use the Revolution controller. From what I gather EA may plan on creating 2 methods of game control. Using the classic-shell(cradle) and also using the nunchuk attachment with the freehand controller. Some of the controlling methods seem like a gimmick while some excellent and a few of them seemed a bit hard to pull off. Talking with a senior executive it was hinted that EA may have a small team put together that is developing an exclusive Revolution title just for the use of the controller. Sadly nobody would confirm. As of now there are indeed supporting the 360 and PS3 the most but added that in the future it's possible that their Revolution support may grow. Also they added that they may not fully see exactly what the future is for the Revolution until next year holiday season(after a year on the market).

Thats a shame. Oh well its there loss. EA games are predominantly SHIT anyways and everyone knows they are lazy *insert swear word here* so I really couldn't care less. Especially with Pro Evo coming to Revo.

Ny News about other EA projects that aren't EA sport titles. SUch as Burnout, Prince of persia and such?

ps What were the game methods that worked really well?

AS far as control methods I think Fifa was the best.

Fifa Revolution - One control method was very similar what dsmaniac said here http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4432

I think this maybe what they go with come release. Along with a the classic-cradle which will control that standard way with the free-hand controller motion features used for very things like where or how you want too kick it in free kick situations.

But perhaps one of the most intriging things was using the free-hand controller on penaltys. To control the goal keeper you simply had to use freehand controller by flicking in the desired direction. And for the penalty kicker use the free-hand controller to aim and A button to shot.

Thats a shame. Oh well its there loss. EA games are predominantly SHIT anyways and everyone knows they are lazy *insert swear word here* so I really couldn't care less. Especially with Pro Evo coming to Revo.

Ny News about other EA projects that aren't EA sport titles. SUch as Burnout, Prince of persia and such?

Now you don't talk shit here. EA games are generally very nice - any press rates their games seven and up (not counting shitty two-month DS ports) and they're enjoyable. They used to be bad in 2002 but they have changed, I hope EA bashers start realising that.

And Prince of Persia is Ubisoft's by the way.

BigTac - have you seen any sign of an actual Revolution devkit? If they're still using Cube devkits it's not a good sign.

Now you don't talk shit here. EA games are generally very nice - any press rates their games seven and up (not counting shitty two-month DS ports) and they're enjoyable. They used to be bad in 2002 but they have changed, I hope EA bashers start realising that.

And Prince of Persia is Ubisoft's by the way.

BigTac - have you seen any sign of an actual Revolution devkit? Still Cube devkits are not a good sign.

I think you misunderstood me. The demos where built using the Gamecube games but with Revolution control features. They have dev kits and will have playable games at E3. They said that they have running playable version of titles on the Revolution hardware. I didn't see any of the games running on Revolution dev kits though.

But I do agree with you on people always bashing EA. Most of their games I think are good but people seem to "hate" on them because their the biggest 3rd party out their. Also I got to agree that those crappy DS ports they have released have been terrible with Fifa 06 being an exception. That played amazingly well and is easily the best sports title out their I think. And for those who are mad at EA 06 titles for the 360 then to judge them based on those games, you might just eat your own words later on. EA have some big things coming.

Most probally already guessed that GDC will be huge for Nintendo and apparently it will.

GDC will be Nintendo's show.

Reggie said, "The battle for the hearts and minds and hands of developers started last fall, and it comes to a head at GDC."

Some people at EA I talked with believe Nintendo will reveal publictly some exciting new info and have some strong words at GDC. Of course stating that the biggest news will have to wait until E3. Some developers also think that Nintendo needs to hurry up and get some info out to the public.

Cool....About a month and a bit then!!!...I hope they reveal pricing and a date...need to know when for, and how much to save.

Thanx for changing your avatar Kurt. *Im kidding*

Many would have gone back on their opinions but I won't, because I really and truly don't like EA as devolpers. The way they churn out mediocre games and can destroy franchises by making them *hip* and appeal to the mainstream. Don't get me wrong they are a fantastic business but if Nintendo were like EA I would have quit gaming ages ago.

4cr did a whole podcast on how EA games are generally average games, nothing wrong with them but after you've played it once it loses it's appeal somewhat.

BigTac if you don't mind me asking.. if you're talking 'off the record' with this EA executive... why exactly is he hinting to you, like you're a member of the press?

I'll never buy an EA game but it would be nice to hear about any EA big titles with the revolution. SSX would be interesting.

The fifa playback vibe I get is very novelty, I'm kinda glad I wont be buying any of their titles for Revolution.. good for them though, I expected more progress from them by now with the revolution dev kit by now I guess.

BigTac if you don't mind me asking.. if you're talking 'off the record' with this EA executive... why exactly is he hinting to you, like you're a member of the press?

What I meant is that from what he was saying he gave me the impression based on some of the words he used that the are making a exclusive title for the Revolution. Just because it's off the records doesn't mean that they will say whatever. Some developers have revealed some or early specs to IGN off the record and I'm sure that it's stuff they didn't say about the Revolution. I mean I haven't even had an employee from any developer reveal any specs too me, but I have seen some in-game characters models and some enviorment models. I have also seen and played some game control demos.

More on some of the demos I played from EA:

Tiger Woods Revolution: Basically what you would expect from using the freehand controller.

NHL Revolution: This was probally one of the best control methods I tested. Move around using the nunchuk joystick while the freehand controller movement is used like the hockey stick while A and B buttons were used to pass and shoot.

Madden Revolution: They had quitea few different set ups for the Revolution. Nunchuck joystick too move and use the controller to throw the ball(I believe Reggie mention this). I didn't like this too much even thought I think they could improve it. #2 nunchuk joystick to move while you use the freehand controller to move the QB vision. And while running use the freehand controller to pull off moves.#3 Using the classic control. The left analog to move, right analog to use quaterback vision, and use "revmote" for precision passing.

More on some of the demos I played from EA:

Tiger Woods Revolution: Basically what you would expect from using the freehand controller.

NHL Revolution: This was probally one of the best control methods I tested. Move around using the nunchuk joystick while the freehand controller movement is used like the hockey stick while A and B buttons were used to pass and shoot.

Madden Revolution: They had quitea few different set ups for the Revolution. Nunchuck joystick too move and use the controller to throw the ball(I believe Reggie mention this). I didn't like this too much even thought I think they could improve it. #2 nunchuk joystick to move while you use the freehand controller to move the QB vision. And while running use the freehand controller to pull off moves.#3 Using the classic control. The left analog to move, right analog to use quaterback vision, and use "revmote" for precision passing.

how did it feel playing with the revolution controller?

Interview with Crossbeam Studios;

http://www.cubed3.com

C3: Orb is intended for Nintendo Revolution. What platform do you have in mind for your other titles, 'Darkness' and the as-yet unnamed title? Could you say a little bit about each of them?

GS: This is kind of an interesting question, because just after James Bond and I decided to move to Revolution, I told Greg Nichols, the lead designer on Darkness and he said he'd love for it to be on Revolution as well. However, Darkness is still in design, it's actually been in design longer than Orb (doesn't help that Greg Nichols is the weapons system designer on Orb). As for the unannounced title...it's a FPA (First Person Adventure, á la Metroid Prime) that would fit right onto Revolution.

That's 3 possible Revolution games from this developer!

The Rest of the Interview is in the 'ORB' thread;

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4410&page=2

The only problem I have with EA is that they rely too much on their big franchises like Madden. I mean it is okay to have a cash cow but those short development cycles don't do the games any good. It is not so far fetched why man people don't refer to Madden 0x but more likely to rooster update 0x. Nintendo also constantly uses its popular franchises to make money but they at least give those games the time they deserve. EA has the resources and knowledge to make really great games but they sacrifice that for a new game every 6 months.