NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

Real Rev interface pic?

So you would download a demo on Revolution and then send it to DS?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just download it straight to DS though?

You can't connect your DS to nintendo's Online Store /server. So you have to have somthing to send out the demos.

Why does everyone care about the menus so much? It's the least important thing about the console.

I haven't seen the Revolution interface and it's not finished anyway. We won't get to see the interface until E3.

So you would download a demo on Revolution and then send it to DS?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just download it straight to DS though?

Probably some things that have to be processed by the REv first, before sending. They probably wouldn't let you download the stuff of a normal computer and send it via the USB attachment because of piracy and stuff. =\

The second image has been removed. Would someone care to host it again and put it up? I didn't get to see it.

I don't buy it.. Nintendo want their system to be fresh.. I think it will be a totally ingenious zen inspired simple design that uses the controller in a mind boggling way.

None of this typical menu junk which almost holds the console back as soon as you turn it on.

Why is it unrealistic? All they do is put the same wifi into the revo as the ds, and voila, the 2 connect.

That's not it at all, I mean a DS player like the GBA player, the ability to play DS games on TV.

Not only would the TV need to be split into 2 separate screens, it'd be extremely awkward to use the touch screen on the DS while looking at a TV for the actions.

As well as that however, there's also the fact that the 3d games on DS would likely look absolutely horrible on TV because they're running at such low resolution and completely lack texture filtering. Imagine some of the DS's pixellated textures blown up full screen...not the prettiest sight. The 2d games would get away with it like usual though.

Oh like that. I htought you meant just to control the games. Hmm. TV top screen, touch screen touch screen? For MKDS it would work a treat. Maybe jsut selected gams would have the function. You'd be able to wirelesely sp? play GBA games though.

Every single interface picture we have seen are completely off the mark; with their shitty old menus and what not. But it's not just whether it's sleek or not, it's the fact that they are menu systems in conjunction with a old styled controller, with your regular analogue stick and however many buttons.

Think about it; Nintendo have just created a revolutionary controller, why would they make a menu system which doesn't use this? Wouldn't it be so much cooler if you had a menu system that you had to navigation using the motion trackers in the controller? Think about something akin to the screen in Minority Report, that uses these motion actions.

dabookerman got owned by the sig-bot :sad:

um, thats stupid. whoever removed it should check the size. the sig was 500 x 150 and was 40kb.

that is acceptable on last count

Every single interface picture we have seen are completely off the mark; with their shitty old menus and what not. But it's not just whether it's sleek or not, it's the fact that they are menu systems in conjunction with a old styled controller, with your regular analogue stick and however many buttons.

Think about it; Nintendo have just created a revolutionary controller, why would they make a menu system which doesn't use this? Wouldn't it be so much cooler if you had a menu system that you had to navigation using the motion trackers in the controller? Think about something akin to the screen in Minority Report, that uses these motion actions.

Good point, they can do a whole lot more with it than what weve seen. Even the Gamecube menu system is a step up from all these fakes weve seen up to this point

I guess the reason that we see those menu hoaxes is that they're a lot easier to fake than screenshots.

Fake.

Who the hell is that guy, and also how come there isnt a button on the interface that allows you to play the disc games?

um, thats stupid. whoever removed it should check the size. the sig was 500 x 150 and was 40kb.

that is acceptable on last count

It had a Dark Zero or HM or whatever pic in as well, so in total it was over the height limit. Techincally with that "nothing wrong with the sig" its also over the limit as theres three lines of text :P

Anyway back on topic.

Think about it; Nintendo have just created a revolutionary controller, why would they make a menu system which doesn't use this? Wouldn't it be so much cooler if you had a menu system that you had to navigation using the motion trackers in the controller?

To be honest I couldnt be botherd doing that all the time,it would start getting repetitive

Yeah buttons work fine. I hardly use the DS's touch screen at all in menus. The Rev's controller is great for simulating motion and stuff, but for menus it doesn't seem to be the best thing. There's still the d-pad though.

You don't use the touch screen in menus? Jeez, it's the best possible method to navigate through menus! Using the rev controller would be like using a mouse I suppose, don't see why it gets repetitive but there's always the d-pad like DCK said-

If you would get fed up of doing that for the navigation menu all the time; then maybe you're buying the wrong console, you do realise most of the games will do this right?

Sign in to follow this