NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Elden Ring (25th February 2022)

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Of course, that obviously depends on whether or not you've met the requirements for each of them.

Do you know if any of them are missable?

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Do you know if any of them are missable?

Yeah.

There are four missable trophies. One is a boss fight, one is a weapon pick up and the other two involve the endings.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah.

There are four missable trophies. One is a boss fight, one is a weapon pick up and the other two involve the endings.

I see, thanks :peace: 
Will look those up for my NG+ playthrough :D 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

...the Bloodborne save cumming method needs to be used...

futurama-serious.gif

Trophy hunters love this one simple trick! 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Trophy hunters love this one simple trick! 

Haha! Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. :D 

Have played a bit last night and finally entered Altus Plateau.

Cleared a few camps, found a tower that disappeared when I got close (making it reappear was pretty fun) and went through a tunnel.

Gotta say: Given that I'm at level 120 now, the regular mobs are usually a pushover. Some of them still hit hard, though, so gotta be careful. Same with bosses. I deal quite a bit of damage, but even with my 1600 HP, 3-5 hits (depending on the boss) kill me.

Can't wait to dive back in tonight and explore more. Altus Plateau is definitely more to my liking than Caelid:D 

I found that to be the case all the way to the end. I was still getting brought down by regular mobs even though my set up was OP. I could hit hard but so could they.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I found that to be the case all the way to the end. I was still getting brought down by regular mobs even though my set up was OP. I could hit hard but so could they.

Good :D 

1 hour ago, Julius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

farm-farming.gif

Not sure if I wanna know what this is about :laughing: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Not sure if I wanna know what this is about :laughing: 

Spoiler

Farming, it's about farming :laughing:

Now I'm just imagining one of these Shardbearers running their own crazy farm using people for a makeshift combine harvester...

Edited by Julius

6 minutes ago, Julius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Farming, it's about farming :laughing:

Now I'm just imagining one of these Shardbearers running their own crazy farm using people for a makeshift combine harvester...

Ohhhh, I thought this was some kind of monster that looks like people on a combine harvester :laughing: 

• Haha 2

Don't mind me. Just chiming in to tell you I've walked through a certain windmill village. Not creepy. NOT CREEPY AT ALL.

Edit: Reached...

Spoiler

...the capital outskirts and got the map for Leyndell. :o

If that area is as awesome as it looks on the map, then I'm in for a treat.

Edited by drahkon

Been trying out some Ashes of War and holy cow, a lot of them make Sorceries redundant.
Some unique ones, like those from Sword of Night and Flame are very strong, but at least they take a little bit of time to cast.

But man...Hoarfrost Stomp is stupidly powerful. An AoE attack with a very short cast time, low FP use, high damage and Frostbite buildup. Made my Uchigatana ridiculously strong :laughing: 

Still putting most of my level ups into Intelligence because I want to try that 60 int Comet Azur sorcery. Part of me thinks, it's not worth the stat investment.

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Still putting most of my level ups into Intelligence because I want to try that 60 int Comet Azur sorcery. Part of me thinks, it's not worth the stat investment.

Yeah, that's the spell I found and am working on levelling up my INT towards - if nothing else because NG+ for the other endings I don't get (which I'm now going to commit to unless the game becomes stupid in its final third) could be pretty straightforward. I've tested a few of the spells I've got with my current INT level and yeah, magic kind of breaks this game like it does in the other Souls games I've played, so that'll be fun to play around with :D

Speaking of levelling up, I'm just shy of where I want to be with my build - with the time I've put in, I figured I might as well just use it to prep for NG+ too. Just got a little more to go with my farming, still got that last quest to do for the armour I want, and then I should be good to go, so I'll give an update them. I may have gone a little overboard with my farming, but well, hopefully it will have paid off!

Already have my first port of call once I'm done and that's the pair of Abductor Virgins. I hated those guys. Time for some sweet as heck, blood-letting, metal-scrapping revenge! 

Just found out that there are other markers when you press square on the map.
I've only used the ones by pressing X.

OH MY GOD.

Almost 70 hours in...that would've helped so much.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Just found out that there are other markers when you press square on the map.
I've only used the ones by pressing X.

OH MY GOD.

Almost 70 hours in...that would've helped so much.

old-man-sad.gif

I'm not sure how helpful a tip it might be so deep in, but something I've found really useful with the map markers is...

Spoiler

...marking portals on the map with a marker just before I go through them. It saves a whole lot of questioning of whether or not I've gone through one or not!

5 minutes ago, Julius said:
  Hide contents

...marking portals on the map with a marker just before I go through them. It saves a whole lot of questioning of whether or not I've gone through one or not!

Yeah...that was my first thought... :p 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, drahkon said:

It is, but it's too strong. :D 
A little tough to get going, if you play solo, but it can destroy bosses.

Anyways, I'll most likely respec soon. Wanna try a melee/incantation build. Gonna have to put stats into faith and arcane, though, to try out lots of incantations. 
I have a lot of respec items, so no biggy. Can't wait to experiment later today.
Might make the game a little more difficult :p 

I've found some caves an catacombs in areas I've already been to (mostly Caelid) and ooohhhh boy, they sure are difficult.

I'll never start exploring the royal capital unless I stop travelling to earlier places :laughing: 

• Like 1

I now have officially entered...

Spoiler

...Royal Capital Leyndell.

And by officially I mean via the, I assume, intended way. Not through some weird teleport shenanigans :D 

Holy shit, this area is amazing. Stunningly beautiful. :o 

If it's as expansive as it seems I'll be there for a while.

• Like 1

My progress with Elden Ring has slowed down a lot as I wanted to get my grinding out of the way, the last big thing I did before today was that boss I last posted about. I haven't got my hands on the armour I wanted yet, so I'm using another armour set for now, but I think I may have gone a little overboard with grinding...

Spoiler

FNhR2G-X0Aso9f_?format=jpg&name=large

FNhSNU-WQAAOY69?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FNhR2aCXwAcSoQu?format=jpg&name=large

FNhSMzGXMAEIoXf?format=jpg&name=large

:D I'm hoping this will be enough to see me through the remainder of NG and, maybe, NG+ too. I've not tested Comet Azur out yet, but I've definitely seen some clips of insanely OP builds and strategies for it, which could help a lot with blasting through NG+ when I get to it. 

Anyways, back on the horse (/elk/bison thing that Torrent is) today, and went through what I could of an area I had access to before, but was saving, and now wanted to see. Some pretty breathtaking imagery there...

Spoiler

FNhR3B6XwAIZrOc?format=jpg&name=large

Man, what a place, and what an arena for the fight with the Dragonkin Soldier. This next one is quite easily my favourite screenshot of gameplay so far:

FNhR2xdX0AAn0bq?format=jpg&name=large

Hell of a fight. Not the toughest (especially after my grinding), not the craziest moveset, but it was just a smartly crafted and fun to experience boss fight, and that second phase where it grows wings and starts lunging at you through the air...perfection. It just felt so damn good to dodge! I wonder if these Dragonkin Soldier guys were the in-world inspiration for whoever built the giant stone warriors we come across? 

Oh, and also goes without saying, but massive MetalGreymon and WarGreymon vibes from this guy :p

d7q9lxa-0b79e818-436d-4683-b965-4ffa6d6e

dec4hwr-b4489891-aeb8-413c-985f-a2a54406

Man, I still can't believe how much I'm loving this game, and I'm getting to the point where I'm kind of happy to slow down a bit more and smell the roses. I haven't fallen head over heels with a From Software game before, and it's rare we get open world games that I enjoy this much, so part of me wants to savour it. And well, the other part of me wants to blaze through the rest to get the slightest inkling of what's going on :p

Hoping to play it quite a bit over the weekend, grinding is out of the way now so I'm planning to warm up with a few caves and catacombs, finally get the armour I want, then head over in the direction of where I think the questline from Caria Manor will continue :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Holy shit, this area is amazing.

Yeah, one of my favourite video game places ever. It's perfect.

Spent the last 3 hours there...

Spoiler
  1. walked around town, fought some snowmen with horns
  2. got owned by knights wielding lightning-infused armaments
  3. found a well
  4. descended the well
  5. SPENT 90 FREAKING MINUTES IN A SUBTERRANEAN AREA INCLUDING LEYNDELL CATACOMBS AND I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY WORK AND WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING I'M HAVING A DEJA VU?
  6. beat the boss in Leyndell Catacombs
    1. got sidetracked by weird little fungal man
    2. got invaded by him at a moat
    3. killed him
    4. talked to him at Roundtable Hold and now I need to pay his real body another visit it seems
  7. returned to the capital and climbed that FUCKING HUGE DRAGON'S WING
  8. found a replica of the Roundtable Hold (or is the Roundtable Hold the replica?) - HOLY SHIT moment #78
  9. got owned by a gargoyle, which is funny given how I've beaten two of them at the same time much earlier...VERY FUNNY, especially with those three snowmen blowing their stupid horns in the vicinity while I'm getting smashed to pieces
  10. found a Collosseum, which I assume will be some kind of PvP arena in a future update/DLC (there are more of them in the Lands Between)
  11. got closer to the massive Erdtree
  12. owned Godfrey the golden ghost of the first Elden Lord (that's his official name now) on my first try because I'm amazing

:bowdown: Absolutely incredible :bowdown: 

applause-the-rock.gif

And I'm sure there's more to discover. Especially in the town itself. Need to take a stroll through the streets again and explore some more.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Finally left the royal capital.
That next area...

:bowdown: 

This game just keeps on giving.

I just can't find any time to play this at the moment and it's killing me. What little I get to play is of such a high quality, I can't believe how much of it they've managed to pack in.

• Like 1

I'm getting destroyed.

Reached...

Spoiler

...the Mountaintops of Giants

First few steps were fine. Castle Sol was a bit of a pain, but I pushed through.

Now a freaking blizzard dragon owns my ass on a frozen lake.

I've also ventured into another snowy area thanks to the treasure I got in Castle Sol. Reached a catacomb and got shat on by everything inside.

I'm level 153, for crying out loud. :laughing: I may have to go back to my trusted Uchigatana. Gargoyle's Twinblade doesn't seem to cut it.

Tried a couple of support incantations, but I feel like they are quite useless (aside from the cure poison and scarlet rot stuff - but even that is not very useful where I'm at right now). Might just respec again and put the minimum into stats necessary for cure/heal incantations and the rest into vigor, endurance and whatever is best for my weapon scaling.

EDIT: YES YOU STUPID DRAGON. Behold my Uchigatana and Moonveil dual-wield power. :cool: 
Edit²: Just uncovered the entire map :o I have a lot more to explore :D 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this