custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (02/03/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Great games last night! :)

My secret trap on the R.O.B stage didn't quite work out as I planned: :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079492913?t=0h3m20s

That was some seriously quick thinking by @Glen-i there, nicely done. :bowdown:

Also, I go and add a floor to the DK stage to make it more difficult to fall off and look at this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079492913?t=0h11m22s

Evil. :laughing:

And last but not least:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079492913?t=0h37m24s

"That went well" :heh:

:peace:

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, RedShell said:

And last but not least:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079492913?t=0h37m24s

"That went well" :heh:

You should have heard the voice chat after that. @Dcubed had that win and handed it to you by doing that Bowsercide.

Great games and a great R.O.B level. I think all my wins came in sudden death, but they were pretty satisfying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

You should have heard the voice chat after that. @Dcubed had that win and handed it to you by doing that Bowsercide..

… many eruptions of screaming laughter were had at my expense…

… worth it :laughing:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

My secret trap on the R.O.B stage didn't quite work out as I planned: :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079492913?t=0h3m20s

That was some seriously quick thinking by @Glen-i there, nicely done.

Less quick thinking, more paranoia when it comes to your clever manipulation of custom stages. I knew something was up, because who the hell would aim that down!?

It was the precise moment I attacked you afterwards where I thought, "Cheeky bugger's put a bomb block there!" Cue the desperate break for the ladder!

• Haha 2

Stock matches tonight from 7:30pm.

May I suggest that for the last two matches, everyone play as Hero? Shouldn't have to explain why.

I'll give peeps a heads up for this with that "This next match is my last" shout-out.

• Like 1

Seems I’m having some issues tonight. I’ve restarted switch but if in continues I’m guessing it must be the internet playing up. Sorry guys. 

However the match between me and @RedShell Jigglypuff and whoever. Loved that stage and was just laughing when I just kept pushing you into the pit. 

• Sad 1

Trust me to mess up a metal slash opportunity.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Seems I’m having some issues tonight. I’ve restarted switch but if in continues I’m guessing it must be the internet playing up. Sorry guys. 

Are you with Virgin Media by any chance? Mine seemed to be acting up as well.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

However the match between me and @RedShell Jigglypuff and whoever.

Wow, the disrespect. Can't even remember who @RedShell played as.

Shut up! I totally do!

• Haha 1

I completely forgot it was Smash tonight, it has been quite a busy day... maybe next Saturday.

• Sad 2

Shame about all the connection issues last night. I also had something weird happen during the very first match, the L & R buttons on my GCN controller weren’t working at all! :blank:

12 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

However the match between me and @RedShell Jigglypuff and whoever. Loved that stage and was just laughing when I just kept pushing you into the pit. 

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, the disrespect. Can't even remember who @RedShell played as.

Shut up! I totally do!

It was Sheik. :heh: 

Yeah, random select really screwed me with that choice... a character that I’m terrible with, that’s also insanely fast, on a stage where there’s basically nowhere to move! :laughing: I thought it was hilarious though. :D

Anyway, @BowserBasher how the hell did you manage to avoid getting launched (as Yoshi) at the start on Freakyforms stage!? :o

Looks like it’s back to the drawing board for that stage then... :grin: 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ike said:

Are you with Virgin Media by any chance? Mine seemed to be acting up as well.

Yep I am. I ended up going and restarting the router. It seemed to do the trick as after that we had another disconnect where you left but I stayed in. 

26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, @BowserBasher how the hell did you manage to avoid getting launched (as Yoshi) at the start on Freakyforms stage!? :o 

Jumping and going to the side. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe something is letting us through if we are not on the platform that rises. It seems that maybe the deciding factor. Not sure if @Glen-i remembers what he was doing the first time he survived it. 

oh and Hero Menu fights are both awesome and hilarious. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Jumping and going to the side. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe something is letting us through if we are not on the platform that rises. It seems that maybe the deciding factor. Not sure if @Glen-i remembers what he was doing the first time he survived it. 

OK, yep. Got it. I know what happened now, @RedShell

Smash 4 changed how Star K.O's work. Originally, even touching the blast zone above you would get you flying off into the background. Now, though, you only get Star K.O'd if some outside force pushes you there.

So what happened, is that BowserBasher inadvertently used Yoshi's very fast flutter jump to put himself above the platform, and therefore, not touching it once it hit that blast zone.

I assume that at a point, the starting platform of doom you made has to despawn, he managed to use that sudden height he got to keep from touching the platform once it got that high and drop safely down once it vanished.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, yep. Got it. I know what happened now, @RedShell

Smash 4 changed how Star K.O's work. Originally, even touching the blast zone above you would get you flying off into the background. Now, though, you only get Star K.O'd if some outside force pushes you there.

So what happened, is that BowserBasher inadvertently used Yoshi's very fast flutter jump to put himself above the platform, and therefore, not touching it once it hit that blast zone.

I assume that at a point, the starting platform of doom you made has to despawn, he managed to use that sudden height he got to keep from touching the platform once it got that high and drop safely down once it vanished.

Ah, I see! Thanks for the explanation. :cool: 

:idea: 

Think I might have a solution to that then... ;) 

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Think I might have a solution to that then... ;)

He’s gonna put us in a cage now, thanks @Glen-i 😂 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I bet he won't, but now he's gonna make a completely different stage where we are in a cage!

Thanks a lot!

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Let’s see you flutter jump out of that! :D 

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I bet he won't, but now he's gonna make a completely different stage where we are in a cage!

Thanks a lot!

That’s a good idea!

Thanks a lot! :heh: 

• Haha 1

Welp, played myself there.

200px-Counter.gif

Even outside of Smash, I have no luck with counters!

Don’t we have enough stages with small cage like spots, there’s death square with fire, small place in the middle where no one can escape and everyone gets to 999%, and probably loads more. Nothing beats barrels of doom though, or float in the air stage, or one tiny platform with a ladder stage,  😂 

A new stage approaches...

...sort of. :heh:

Yeah, the Dragon Quest one from last week was very rushed, so I've modified it to be what I originally had in mind for my DQ themed custom stage. ;)

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, the Dragon Quest one from last week was very rushed,

I mean, that's fair. It was quite sudden.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, that's fair. It was quite sudden.

Indeed. :sad:

BTW, I've just remembered that I won't be able to make it for N-E Smash next Saturday, so you'll all get a well deserved break from my silly stages and pro level gameplay! :hehe:
Well... you'll get a break from my silly stages. :laughing:

Oh man, Captain Falcon on Great Smash Ball: :D

"Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Kick!!" :laughing:

3cb8Ak9.jpg

:bowdown:

Shame I didn't realise what the plan was for that final custom stage match, an all Hero battle on Puff-Puff Jessica would've been cool. :hehe: Oh well, hope you all enjoyed that stage as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

Anyway, cheers for the games! And have fun next weekend.
:peace:

• Thanks 1