NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Stock format tonight from 7:30pm with Custom stages.

Normal stages from 8pm.

Great games, cheers everyone! :)

@Glen-i, that last stock on the very first match... was a bit of a nail-biter, ey? :heh:

Also, my ridiculous SD when playing as "Bomberman"... :laughing:

3cb8Ak9.jpg

Can't wait to see that one again on @S.C.G's replay vid. :D

:peace:

• Thanks 2

Hey @RedShell, I wasn’t able to join in time to play while you were doing the custom stages, but I saw your new Pilotwings stage.  Great job with it! It looks awesome! :D

Also I did notice the sneaky changes you made to The Fun Box, now with even more fun ;)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RedShell said:

@Glen-i, that last stock on the very first match... was a bit of a nail-biter, ey? :heh:

Literal "Why won't you die!?" finish there.

Love me some good ol' evenly matched 1-on-1. Just that moment when there's two people left, and it becomes almost zen like, with expert dodges and trading of blows. Always exciting!

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (13/01/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Also I did notice the sneaky changes you made to The Fun Box, now with even more fun ;)

Hehehe. :hehe:
Yeah, that was a stage that I made quite early on (before I'd figured out all the little quirks of stage builder) so I go back to those sometimes in order to optimise them more than anything, but often end up also adding stuff with the additional memory that becomes available. :D

As for the Pilotwings stage, that's the first time I've really made decent use of the path feature. The light plane performs multiple manoeuvres as a result, including a hilarious looking loop-the-loop! :laughing: I didn't actually get the chance to test it before last night's games either, so I'm glad it appears to work as intended. :grin:

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Literal "Why won't you die!?" finish there.

Love me some good ol' evenly matched 1-on-1. Just that moment when there's two people left, and it becomes almost zen like, with expert dodges and trading of blows. Always exciting!

At one point I thought you must've changed the launch rate or something. :heh:
But yeah, great stuff. :cool:

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Oh man, that is classic! :laughing:
I think I was expecting a completely different move to the one I got, a consequence of having multiple Mii Fighters all with slightly different movesets. I suppose the smart thing to do would be have them all set-up in exactly the same way, but where's the fun in that? :p

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

My favourite moment was @Dcubed and I being completely unable to resist obvious bait.

Easily the moment of the night and possibly the greatest moment in all our Smash nights. I don't know what you were both expecting to happen there. I couldn't stop laughing the rest of that match and even into the next one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Easily the moment of the night and possibly the greatest moment in all our Smash nights. I don't know what you were both expecting to happen there. I couldn't stop laughing the rest of that match and even into the next one.

It's up there. But I don't think anything will ever top the Smash 4 Hocotate Bomb incident.

It's made me hyper aware of that item since.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's up there. But I don't think anything will ever top the Smash 4 Hocotate Bomb incident.

It's made me hyper aware of that item since.

Thought the clip of this had been lost for a second there :eek: but fortunately I managed to find and preserve it (albeit without sound):

Yep, nothing can top that. :laughing:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Stamina format tonight. Custom stages from 7:30pm.

Normal stages from 8.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I've cooked up a new stage..

I see what you did there. Anyway knowing your stages I can't wait to see what crazy gimmick this has.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (20/01/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

If there's one thing I hate more than the Brinstar Depths stage, it's the Brinstar Depths stage when random select has given me Incineroar. :laughing:

19 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I see what you did there. Anyway knowing your stages I can't wait to see what crazy gimmick this has.

Nothing too crazy this time, I'm trying to make stages that are a bit more normal in terms of layout. Not sure how long that will last. :heh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Nothing too crazy this time, I'm trying to make stages that are a bit more normal in terms of layout.

Yeah when it started me and @Glen-i were a bit dubious and was waiting for the inevitable gimmick. Was still a great little stage though, sometime less is more.

Anyway great matches, I think I only won one match and that was on a custom stage in the beginning. Some great close matches happening though.

• Thanks 1

Theme week! Bit of a spoecific one that I name:

Waiting for the Sun to Rise

GEzj7g5aUAASC_X?format=jpg&name=large

The GBA Golden Sun games got added to NSO recently. They're kinda infamous for being a two-parter plot. The two years in between those games was unbearable for teenage me. So in honour of that excruciating wait, every character here has featured in a GBA title released in 2001 and 2002. Because I had to do something to distract myself.

Mii Brawler is allowed, but only the Bomberman costume
Mii Swordfighter is also allowed, but only the Goemon costume

GEzj7hFaEAAJUub?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Brinstar
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Onett
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Fourside
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Castle Siege
  • New Pork City
  • Summit
  • Skyworld
  • 75 m
  • Mario Bros.
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Magicant
  • Balloon Fight
  • Coliseum
  • Flat Zone X
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Hollow Bastion

The stages are a bit more loose. Just ones that have been in a GBA game.

Spoiler

GEzj7g4bcAAJTe2?format=jpg&name=large

Items follow a similar theme as the stages. Except the Assist Trophy, because the real winner tonight will be the first person to get the Isaac Assist Trophy!

Format: Time, 3 minutes
FS Meter: On

Custom Stages at 7:30pm.
Normal stages at 8pm (Choose random to keep the stages on theme)

• Like 1

Hiiiiiiiiii!: :p

:peace:

@Glen-i, give us a heads up on theme week next time if you can, and I might be able to make a matching stage. ;)

• Thanks 1

Yes, I did it! Got Isaac first! I win!

EDIT: Suppose @S.C.G gets second place there.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Great matches there. Two Sudden Deaths against @Ike in a row and I won them both. Those were fun. Last match of the night and Bowser shows how much of a power house he is. 10 KOs. 

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (27/01/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

(around 20 mins of the stream is missing, no idea... anyway, most of it is there) ::shrug:

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (03/02/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 3