NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Cheers for the games everyone! :peace:

I never knew Snake had such difficulty going up ladders. :heh: Yeah, I might to have to modify that stage a bit. :woops:

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think we can all agree @Dcubed deserved to win that last one.

Of course, Smash Bros don't care, and that's why I love it. Good games!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (23/12/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Great games last night. Poor Terry went to the wrong neighbourhood early on. 
Also great to have 7 of us playing, although we only had 6 max at any one time. 

• Haha 1

It's still December!

Wintery Smash

GCkaGhEaUAAB-Q1?format=jpg&name=large

Each of the 31 characters here have at least 1 white costume. You don't have to, but I encourage you to do so anyway. Ice Climbers get special priveleges because, come on. Bayonetta also gets special priveleges because the second game is a Christmas game. (And 53 is a prime number, so screw that) Use the white hair costume for her.
I'm not gonna list them all out, it should be mostly obvious which one is the white costume. Except Palutena's, her white costume is the default one.

Mii fighters are allowed if they have a mostly white outfit, or are suitably christmassy.

GCkaGgxasAA1DhU?format=jpg&name=large

All the stages take place at night, because there aren't enough ice based ones.

Items are the standard fare.

Format: 3 Stock, 10 minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 7:30 for custom stages. 8pm for normal stages.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

I'm afraid I am far too tired to take part tonight, but the theme will go ahead regardless.

@Dcubed will be hosting, and I've set everything up so that all he has to do is create an arena and not change any of the settings.
It is literally foolproof! I hope.

Have fun!

• Thanks 2

Does anyone have Baloon Fight selected as the stage, or are we just getting really unlucky with the stage random selection?

• Weird 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

That ice Baby Face stage is amazing @RedShell! Once again, you never fail to disappoint! :D

Cheers. :)
Just something I threw together very quickly for tonight's theme. It'll probably be quite different the next time you see it. :hehe:

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Does anyone have Baloon Fight selected as the stage, or are we just getting really unlucky with the stage random selection?

Whoops. :woops:
Yeah, that may have been me. Sorry about that. :heh:

BTW, was anyone else hearing the Shantae music on that stage (and the Ice Climber one)? Bit of a weird combination. :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the games everyone, see you next year! :D

:peace:

• Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

@Glen-i, Little Mac, R.O.B seemed to be viable options too. @RedShell selected them and we agreed they are white enough.

Great games tonight, I need to get a ciip of my disgusting KO on Redshell early on in the night on the graveyard stage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

BTW, was anyone else hearing the Shantae music on that stage (and the Ice Climber one)? Bit of a weird combination. :grin:

Ah yes. Guess what? I can explain this.

So in Battle Arenas, the music that plays during matches is determined by the host's "My Music" setup.
I've painstakingly curated every stage to make sure that every song shows up on precisely one stage that I deem the most fitting. So "Burning Town" shows up on Streetpass Quest, for example.

@Dcubed hasn't done that, so his songs (Especially when it comes to the stages that don't match a character) are all over the place.

• Thanks 1

OK, here's the KO, I was on about. Apologies for having to record it via a phone, but as RedShell was using Bomberman DLC the game wouldn't even let me convert it to a video where I could then have taken it off the SD card. So potato quality it is.

• Haha 2

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (30/12/2023)

- - - - -

Time format tonight from 7:30pm.

First half an hour will be custom stages.

Posted (edited)

Possible that I'll be running a little late. Sorry. Will try to not be that.

EDIT: Room's open now!

Edited by Glen-i

Another night of fun, laughs and some downright disgusting moments. See you all next time for more of the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (06/01/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Another night of fun, laughs and some downright disgusting moments. See you all next time for more of the same. 

Those 1v1 matches we had during custom stage Smash were hilarious, especially the one with the baseball on the Mii swimming pool stage! :laughing: I actually have no idea how a lot of my custom stage gimmicks effect the majority of items, but it sure is fun finding out over time. :D

This double Home-Run Bat KO by @Dcubed was great:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2025006642?t=0h28m11s

:bowdown:

Although I still don't get how my Isabelle suffered a shield break. :heh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

Those 1v1 matches we had during custom stage Smash were hilarious, especially the one with the baseball on the Mii swimming pool stage! :laughing: I actually have no idea how a lot of my custom stage gimmicks effect the majority of items, but it sure is fun finding out over time. :D

Ah yes, the swimming pool seems to have bouncy items now and that new one from last week, what did you do to it? I don’t remember that amount of shaking. It was hilarious and silly. 

I'll see about getting on earlier in time for the custom matches when I can, I do enjoy them, it just depends on how the day goes.

It'd be good if I can get online from 7:30pm though, as then all the excellent custom stages would be part of the stream.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Ah yes, the swimming pool seems to have bouncy items now and that new one from last week, what did you do to it? I don’t remember that amount of shaking. It was hilarious and silly. 

Oh yeah, I added some dynamic terrain that ended up being a bit too shaky :laughing: and also a stupid amount of falling objects that then get randomly chucked all over the stage. It's still a WIP and I wasn't going to choose it yesterday because it can really tank performance, but seeing as it was just us two playing at that point I figured it wouldn't be too bad. :hehe:

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, RedShell said:

Oh yeah, I added some dynamic terrain that ended up being a bit too shaky :laughing: and also a stupid amount of falling objects that then get randomly chucked all over the stage. It's still a WIP and I wasn't going to choose it yesterday because it can really tank performance, but seeing as it was just us two playing at that point I figured it wouldn't be too bad. :hehe:

I’d say keep a copy of that version to use in rare circumstances as it was insane. But yeah it can get a little too much with all that shaking for more than one match. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 5:17 PM, RedShell said:

Literally hurt myself a bit laughing at that!

• Haha 1