NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Nintendo Direct Mini

So are we still expecting a standard Nintendo Direct by the end of the month/February? I saw some speculation around the net suggesting that could be the case. :hmm:

Wish the last mini Direct would’ve revealed something about Animal Crossing. Playing Pocket Camp on a daily basis has got me seriously hyped for a Switch version! :bouncy: So yeah, really don’t want to have to wait until E3 for info on that game.

Strong rumours suggesting a regular sized Direct in February, by the same people that leaked other info that proved true.

A Feb Direct would be the perfect place to reveal Captain Toad 2. Please Nintendo. Pleeeeease.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Strong rumours suggesting a regular sized Direct in February, by the same people that leaked other info that proved true.

A Feb Direct would be the perfect place to reveal Captain Toad 2. Please Nintendo. Pleeeeease.

I would be keen for a sequel but that probably would have more sense to announce in the smaller direct, no?

Given that Captain Toad was based off of the mini-level's in SM3DW, I hope they consider making a 2D Mario game with the mechanics of the 2D Mario Odyssey levels. Absolutely loved them.

Obviously would love a F-Zero, Wave Race or 1080 announcement. But Kid Icarus, Luigi’s Mansion, Excite, Punch-Out!!, Wii Sports, Advance Wars, Wario Land, Dillon or even Golden Sun, Days of Ruin, S.T.E.A.M. would be welcome. 

With the release of The World Ends with you, I really hope they’ll release more games from their less well known franchises.

And Pikmin 4, what’s up with that? That’s a dead given together with an Animal Crossing game. What I do find strange is that they seem to be skipping a Mario & Sonic Olympics game for the Peongyang Winter Olympics. Or did I just miss/forget an announcement for that?

29 minutes ago, markderoos said:

With the release of The World Ends with you, I really hope they’ll release more games from their less well known franchises.

There are so many franchises I would like to see return but seeing The World Ends With You appear in the Mini Direct made me think of just how much I would love to see other great DS titles like Ghost Trick and Elite Beat Agents come back :love:

Edited by nekunando

49 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I would be keen for a sequel but that probably would have more sense to announce in the smaller direct, no?

Given that Captain Toad was based off of the mini-level's in SM3DW, I hope they consider making a 2D Mario game with the mechanics of the 2D Mario Odyssey levels. Absolutely loved them.

Treasure Tracker was revealed at E3 so you never know, I think a normal sized Direct is most likely for a sequel, but who knows really.

Good call on making a game out of the 2D sections from Odyssey. Would need to up the complexity a ton though as I found them really easy and simple.

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

So are we still expecting a standard Nintendo Direct by the end of the month/February? I saw some speculation around the net suggesting that could be the case. :hmm:

I’m fairly confident we’ll see something pretty content-filled within the next four to six weeks.  

Not because I’m second-guessing Nintendo and they have to show something, but we’ve known about a main series Fire Emblem coming to Switch since last January. Fire Emblem games typically release in H1, and the last three were all released in Q2 in all major territories apart from America, who got Awakening and Fates in February. 

Looking back, Animal Crossing typically releases towards the end of the year, and I think Pocket Camp’s existence all but confirms that something’s on the way with regards to AC on Switch (what, with Pokémon GO and Mario Run being followed by main series entries within less than twelve months of their release).

Likewise, we’ve known about games such as Project Octopath Traveller and Shin Megami Tensei V since last January too, and we still haven’t heard much of an update with regards to them, either - despite the latter getting a public demo a few months ago.

Based on nothing but speculation, I think that we’ll have a Direct by mid-March (which will detail everything up to the start of H2), before getting the silent treatment - bar, perhaps, another Direct Mini - up until E3 (which will detail major tentpole releases up until the year’s end).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this