NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

@killthenet apparently Wolves and Swindon also had successive relegations.

Chuffed that Sanchez scored. I despise Alli and now dislike Kane after the goal incident. Hoping Man U butcher them!

Hope we can get more control of the midfield in the second half. Spurs are having too much of the ball.

34 minutes ago, killthenet said:

@Fierce_LiNk Even with Spurs playing at Wembley this season most of the United team have probably played there more times than the Spurs players.

Not sure what you're trying to say there. Are you saying that United have been in more finals than Spurs? Sure...but this has been Spurs' stadium for this season. It's a hugely unfair advantage for them. I don't even agree with any semi-finals being played at Wembley as I think it should only be used for the final.

Great goal by Herrera. :D Knew we'd have a chance when Sanchez won the ball in that position.

Predictable FA cup final match up. But this opens up a Europa League spot for 7th place, meaning with a 9 point gap over Leicester City that Burnley are all but guaranteed Europa League football next season. Sean Dyche has to be in the running for Manager of the season with that achievement. 

Elneny has suffered ankle ligament damage, with Egypt in the World Cup, I hope he has a speedy recovery and he won't miss it.

Salah has earned that PFA award, although I don't think that there's anything more that Kevin De Bruyne could have done to win it. He's been City's star player and has enabled their attacking players to do their thing whilst also keeping them ticking over in all areas of the field. I feel a bit sorry for him, but what can you do when a player scores as many goals as Salah has? It would have been just as much of a crime had Salah not won it.

I think the fact that it was almost a comeback story for Salah, returning to the Premier League and proving Chelsea and Mourinho wrong probably helped add a bit of extra narrative and reason to vote.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think the fact that it was almost a comeback story for Salah, returning to the Premier League and proving Chelsea and Mourinho wrong probably helped add a bit of extra narrative and reason to vote.

Yeah, that's the same for De Bruyne. :p 

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Yeah, that's the same for De Bruyne. :p 

Lol, shows how much attention I pay outside of my own team.

• Like 1

Just now, Happenstance said:

Lol, shows how much attention I pay outside of my own team.

Haha, it's an easy one to forget though as De Bruyne hardly got a kick in a Chelsea shirt. 

If they had kept De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku in the same team, I just wonder how they'd be doing now. Did it actually benefit these players to play for lower profile clubs to help them improve? I don't think they'd have been the same players now had they stayed at Chelsea, so maybe it was good for their development. 

• Like 2

I expect having a different kind of manager helps as well. Lallana always sticks out for me with the massive change he had from Rodgers to Klopp.

If Mo Salah doesn't make the 3 man shortlist for the Ballon d'Or this year, something is wrong with the powers that be in football. If he wins Liverpool the champions league he should definitely win it.

6 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

If Mo Salah doesn't make the 3 man shortlist for the Ballon d'Or this year, something is wrong with the powers that be in football. If he wins Liverpool the champions league he should definitely win it.

I think he’d deserve to be there based on what’s he’s done so far this year, but I definitely don’t think he can be shortlisted just yet.

We’ve still got a World Cup to get through :p 

2 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

I think he’d deserve to be there based on what’s he’s done so far this year, but I definitely don’t think he can be shortlisted just yet.

We’ve still got a World Cup to get through :p 

Messi never got far with Argentina in major international tournaments yet he still won it many times.

If Liverpool weren't favourites before, they definitely are now. I know Roma are the weakest team left but they did knock out Barcelona over two legs. But Liverpool tonight are scintillating.

There goes the 5th, absolutely fantastic football. No matter who you support this is amazing football.

3 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

If Liverpool weren't favourites before, they definitely are now. I know Roma are the weakest team left but they did knock out Barcelona over two legs. But Liverpool tonight are scintillating.

Roma haven't half made it easy for them, though. There is so much space out there that this scoreline was inevitable. 

Edit: It's 5-0 now. The defending is just awful. 

The question is, who gets the hat trick first, Firmino or Salah? With 18 minutes left you wouldn't put it past either of them to do it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

1 minute ago, Emerald Emblem said:

The question is, who gets the hat trick first, Firmino or Salah? With 18 minutes left you wouldn't put it past either of them to do it.

In all fairness, Mane should have had one in the first half. :p 

Sign in to follow this