N-Europe

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (3DS)

Hero-of-Time

• 1 month later...

So I take it I'm the only person playing this, huh?

That's a shame, because this game is great fun. It's pretty easy normally, but very early, you get an item that effectively halves your HP.

This turns the game from a simple action puzzle game to one of incredible tension.

I'm on Chapter 5 and I'm surprised how many new things it keeps throwing at me. Not to mention the "totally not Pokémon" Sushi Sprites allowing lots of different strategies.

The only downside is that trying to select a specific dish with the Joycons is... Problematic. If you play with those, I recommend going to the settings. There's an option that assists Joycon players to choose plates that have matching colours nearby.

But yeah, great game. Highly recommended for action puzzle fans.

Edited by Glen-i

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I played it at launch and traded it in soon after. I thought it was pretty rubbish. Easily one of the worst Nintendo games I've played in a long time.

Can I ask how far you got?

Because I think the game does a decent job of introducing new twists the game as you progress.

I just did a stage where you had 60 seconds to blow up a gun turret by linking up bombs in 4-chains to deal damage. And if you let them roll by, you take them damage.

Of course, if you don't like the base action puzzle gameplay, then yeah. You're not gonna like this.

Also, technically, indiezero made this.

Edited by Glen-i

I think it was the around the third chapter. By that point I just wasn't having fun. It's very rare for me to trade Nintendo games in, so that goes to show just how much I disliked it.

The game just didn't do it for me and judging by the sales both here and abroad I think a lot of people felt the same. It absolutely bombed in Japan.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think it was the around the third chapter. By that point I just wasn't having fun. It's very rare for me to trade Nintendo games in, so that goes to show just how much I disliked it.

The game just didn't do it for me and judging by the sales both here and abroad I think a lot of people felt the same. It absolutely bombed in Japan.

Fair enough.

Action puzzle games have been a bit of a niche genre for a while now, so I never expected this to light the world on fire. But it's a pity that it's flopped. I'm really liking it. It's good for those short 30 minute sessions.

• 1 month later...

Slowly working my way through this. It's fun in small doses but can get a bit repetitive if you do too many levels at once. I'm playing on Switch using a pro controller, I'm not sure how much of an advantage/disadvantage it is. 

Spoiler

Beat Musashi's father, blatantly obvious the masked guy was going to be him. Went back and finished the side quest bit and the empire nicked the driver. Now doing the Volcano area which I didn't pick originally.

Levelling up Sushi Sprites seems very slow, especially the skills. I get the impression I won't be anywhere near maxing any of them out by the end and it'll be a massive grind. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Thanks 1