NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Do you think...

There will be unofficial "controllers" for the Rev?

i couldnt give a damn if there isnt but just with it being a diffrent "scenario" im unsure...

Whats your thoughts?

wasnt there an interview with madcatz, they said they were going to support them and make controllers i think

Third party products usually suck. I've always bought official stuff.

I think the quality difference will be even bigger now because they aren't used to the new technology while Nintendo had a few years but they have to be cheaper than Nintendo to be able to compete.

If you want to always win in games, get an official one for yourself and 3rd party for the mates. :D

If you want to always win in games, get an official one for yourself and 3rd party for the mates. :D

I do that and..... I lose :cry:

But we can expect that kind of hardware for sure.

i wonder what the 3rd party controllers wil look like, will they keep to the remote control style or go for a different look??

I never buy 3rd party products. I hate them. I got a free controller from GAME when i got my slimeline PS2....its still in the plastic box thingy...gah i hate em.

I bought a 3rd party controller when i first got my cube so me n my bro could play together, whenever one of us used it, our hands would cramp hell loads.

Game's gamecube controllers are pretty decent i must admit!

Would prefer to use an official accesory unless it cost more than 20% more than the third party accesory (often not the case) for doing the same function.

Nintendo already said it's cheap enough so accesories may be bundled with games - donkey konga was their model for this, I think it shipped at like £30 :S

I doubt Nintendo will allow remakes of the remote itself. The third parties won't mind probably, because the remote allows for expandibility - that means they can make deals with software publishers to make controller expansions to come with the games. I think third party hardware makers are loving Nintendo now :smile:

I doubt Nintendo will allow remakes of the remote itself. The third parties won't mind probably, because the remote allows for expandibility - that means they can make deals with software publishers to make controller expansions to come with the games. I think third party hardware makers are loving Nintendo now :smile:

In the interview MADCATZ said that they're making both skins and all new controllers.

I hope they'll release a joistick and a wheel...

Madcatz are my fav 3rd party make, even though i hate 3rd party, Joytech is the worst by far.

Madcatz are my fav 3rd party make, even though i hate 3rd party, Joytech is the worst by far.

I've only bought one product from madcatz, and that was the cable between my cube and tv, and it had many pins missing so it was very loose when i connected, meaning my gameplay would be interupted by the loss of picture.

So im not too sure myself, but it was the one product i guess.

imagine the possible *cheap* attachments for the revo controller: NES/SNES/MegaDrive/Genesis/... controller shaped attachment to connect to the revo-remote for just a few bucks?

wah, my dream, we ain't gonna get these...

After reading the Nubytech interview, earlier, I think that third party controllers are unlikely to be copies of the main "remote" one. What you could potentially see are either add-ons, i.e. such as the pistol grips with the remote plugged into it, or full blown unique replacements, i.e. going with the gun idea but being a full blown gun which includes all the controller elements built into it. The latter has the advantage that you would have more space to build in force feeback components, i.e. a handgun would have the full length of the body to move a weight through to simulate gun kick.

The controller is the main selling point of the console - it's hard to imagine Nintendo will allow third parties to make the controller. Sucky controllers (which they will be of course) will scare off people who play the Rev first time with them and Nintendo will make profit over their own controllers, so they probably won't allow others to compete with the remote.

I always preffered official stuff. The 3rd part accesories always seem to break on me. I had a 3rd party controller for ps1, it broke. I ahd the namco official gun. It totally kicked ass, but there was another gun i have which sucks to be honest.

Ills tick with official contollers

revolution-rip-off.jpg

'fun, anyone?'

a controller that regulates the sweat in your palm when playing in summer would be nice.

i could like secrete ethanol every so often when the controllers built in thermometer (?) reaches a certain level.. yeah

Sounds great!

How about one with mini massage rollers on the edges to stop you getting cramp

Yeah.. full force rumble feedback shoulder pads so when you're running in game or driving you get the force of gravity put down on you extra.

Or you can just set them to massage full time.

i wonder is a 3rd party would make a doretos and dip attachment. i always find it hard to put down the controler to eat those things would be great if a 3rd party made an atachment 4 lazy people like me.

Sign in to follow this