N-Europe

Eurovision 2016!

Mr-Paul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Ukraine won more because of the content of the song, rather than the song itself. Australia had by far and away the best song though.

The content of the song is what makes it so great, though. It adds to the emotion behind it. I really like the chorus.

Australia winning would have been great for the lolz. But, I don't think they did have the best song. Bulgaria's was just as good. At this point, Australia being in the Eurovision is still a novelty.

The content of the song is what makes it so great, though. It adds to the emotion behind it. I really like the chorus.

Australia winning would have been great for the lolz. But, I don't think they did have the best song. Bulgaria's was just as good. At this point, Australia being in the Eurovision is still a novelty.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ukrainian entry too, I just preferred the Australian one. Really emotional performance to finish off there from her, really good.

Great show. Don't think the songs this year were that great, but I enjoyed it nonetheless! Nothing that will be joining my catalogue of classics.

Was hilarious watching the UK act doing half ok in the jury vote and then getting the second lowest score in the public vote and then realising that everyone other than Germany and Czech Republic would overtake us! How the fuck did Poland get to be the third most popular song with the public!?!??! They did absolutely awful in the jury vote, and they didn't even have boobs this year!

Ukraine did nothing for me. Even though I'm slightly against Australia being in it due to them not being in Europe, them and Bulgaria had the best songs for me. After 3rd place was something like 222 points, I wasn't expecting such a jump up to Russia and Ukraine's points, who both had over 300.

So I'm disappointed with the result, but I guess it was a good result politically.

I don't understand the producers in this one. In their defence, they probably didn't know who won, but for almost an hour the entire world thought we'd be going to Sydney next. And to some magic voting Ukraine wins.

The new voting system is just to make it more exciting. Before, you would know halfway through already who had won. Now, things get mixed up because the votes from the people are usually very different from the jury votes.

If you want to know more about it, just read up on it on the website here: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/voting

All the rules are explained there.

As for the winner, I thought Ukraine had a nice song. Wouldn't have been my favourite to win, but figured it would score well. My favourite was probably Bulgaria, with Australia right behind them.

Belgium got the 10th spot, which isn't bad considering we were up first and everyone probably forgot about us by the end of the show. :P

I've seen the voting again

Australia. 511 points.

Ukraine 211 points.

I say it again, worst voting system ever in Eurovision history.

Nope, Ukraine finished with 534.

Australia had 320 after the juries. So were the preferred option of the juries. But the people of Europe preferred Russia, Ukraine and Poland.

It's essentially the same as we've had for a whie but better, as the peoples votes actually get represented a bit more. The other year the British public voted Poland top (because of boobs), but it got nil points because the jury hated it. I'd prefer it if the announced votes from each country's representative was from the public instead of the jury, but I think it worked pretty well and was quite exciting as we though Australia were completely storming it, but they didn't as Russia and Ukraine were so popular with the public.

Really expected Spain to do better than it did. Was one of the better acts for sure.