NEurope
drahkon

Enter the Gungeon (PC/PS4)

Enter the Gungeon is a gunfight dungeon crawler following a band of misfits seeking to shoot, loot, dodge roll and table-flip their way to personal absolution by reaching the legendary Gungeon’s ultimate treasure: the gun that can kill the past. Select a hero and battle your way to the bot¬tom of the Gungeon by surviving a challenging and evolving series of floors filled with the dangerously adorable Gundead and fearsome Gungeon bosses armed to the teeth. Gather precious loot, discover hidden secrets, and chat with opportunistic merchants and shopkeepers to purchase powerful items to gain an edge.

Everybody who knows my gaming habits probably could've guessed that I'll create this thread :D

Played Enter the Gungeon for 15 minutes, found a crystal gun that shoots rainbow lasers, found the so called "Serious Cannon" ("The Serious Cannon was brought to the Gungeon by Sam "Serious" Stone." - quote from the Ammonomicon), died miserably and am already addicted :laughing:

It's basically The Binding of Isaac with guns. :bowdown: Shame there probably will never be a Vita version, as there's quite a lot going on during gameplay.

Still, even though I've only played very little I can already tell this is going to be one hell of a ride :D

For those of you who'd like to know a little bit more about the game, here's Northernlion's first episode of the full release (he's playing the PC version, but the PS4 version is almost the same - doesn't have a crosshair but aim assist)

This looks fantastic and reviews are equally good. Does anyone know if I can play it using a PS4 controller on Steam for Mac ? If I can I'll buy it

Does anyone know if I can play it using a PS4 controller on Steam for Mac ?

On its Steam page it says "full controller support". Not sure if that includes DS4 on Steam for Mac.

Edit: The game's amazing :D Haven't been able to complete the second floor, yet, but it's a lot of fun. I need to use the dodge roll more. :laughing:

Managed to find a secret by accident:

Found a fireplace on the first floor. Accidentally through a Molotov near it. For some weird reason the Molotov extinguished the flames creating an opening for me to go through: I went in, pressed X and unlocked an extra room with a locked hatch. Used two keys and entered the "Oubliette".

Got my assed kicked there :D

I later found out that when a fire place exists (not sure if it always "spawns") there's a water barrel somewhere on that floor. Maneuver it to the fire and have two keys ready.

If you don't have a key to open a chest, shoot at it. Did it once and got HP back. Maybe it can also have some bad repercssions but I haven't experienced any so far.

Also: Do not shoot while in the store. A couple of shots are fine, the shopkeeper gives you a warning...I won't say more :p

I absolutely love the enemy design. You can never underestimate even the "easiest" enemies because in combination with others they can fuck you up :D

Edited by drahkon

This is brilliant fun but it's very very difficult. I've only just made it to the third floor on my 7th or 8th attempt, and then died instantly lol. Still really loving it, but the game doesn't do a great job of explaining its loot system to you. So you unlock guns as you go, but what good is that when you start off with a standard pea shooter?

but the game doesn't do a great job of explaining its loot system to you.

That's certain rogue-likes for you :p

So you unlock guns as you go, but what good is that when you start off with a standard pea shooter?

You unlock guns to add them to the item pool. You can then find them in chests or after bosses.

If you were able to choose a strong gun from the beginning the first one or two floors would be waaayy to easy.

That's what the game is about: You start with a "crappy" gun, have the possibility to find better guns/items and if you do you might be able to defeat enemies in no time.

However, there's also the possibility that you only find shitty items (which is not that likely, but can happen)...then it's up to you to prove that you can survive.

It's thrilling. At least for me :p

But don't you unlock guns by finding them in treasure chests? So what's the difference between stumbling on unlocked guns and stumbling on guns?

I may have misunderstood your usage of "unlocking".

When you first start the game you have a limited weapon/item pool, meaning you can only find those in chests.

Later you get the ability to unlock more which then are added to the item pool.

Finding items in chests doesn't "unlock" them, it just means you can use them for the run.

I read the title as Enter the Gungan and got scared Jar jar was getting his own game

I read the title as Enter the Gungan and got scared Jar jar was getting his own game

I think it's very clear for all to see that @drahkon has made a typo in the thread title.

Let's all laugh at his poverty English skillz.

Can't. Stop. Playing.

EDIT: And at almost 4AM I finally finish it. As in, I got through all five chambers once. I was really lucky and found some amazing items. I may never manage it again.

CfaEm7EW8AEFaNH.jpg

Edited by somme

Congrats @somme : peace:

Won't be able to play today :( Well, it's not that bad because I'll go to a concert :D

I'm at my mom's for the weekend, might take my PS4 with me...really want to play this :D

Stumbled on this trippy rainbow chest on the first floor, which gave me about 7 or 8 amazing bits of loot including some incredibly powerful guns. Still didn't manage to go all the way though :hmm:

Can't wait when I'm back home later today and finally give this a proper session. :)

By the way: I found out that beating a boss without getting hit gives you something really helpful.

By the way: I found out that beating a boss without getting hit gives you something really helpful.

You get a "Master Round" item which seems to do fuck all - lol.

And also an NPC spawns who gives you a quest to unlock shortcuts.. but you have to get him loads of items and it's taking an age!

EDIT:

I do love the nods in the this game, there's quite a few. Even a few Nintendo ones..

The cartography is pretty much just Link. And I just got a "Light Gun" which is exactly what it says on the tin, with the twist that the last bullet is a duck :D

Edited by somme

You get a "Master Round" item which seems to do fuck all - lol.

And also an NPC spawns who gives you a quest to unlock shortcuts.. but you have to get him loads of items and it's taking an age!

I think it's the Master Round that gives you an HP upgrade. It's really great :p

I think it's the Master Round that gives you an HP upgrade. It's really great :p

Oh I never noticed that. Will have to have a look next time! lol

Fuck my life.

Had an amazing run. Beat the first three bosses without getting hit. The fourth boss was new to me, so I got hit once because one of his attacks is unavoidable if you don't know where to place yourself...

And then came floor 5...What the fuck is going on there? The first few rooms wrecked my shit. I lost 4 hearts...Managed to reach the boss, got it halfway down but died because he went ape-shit. :laughing:

I found and rescued (?) a woman who was combing her hair in a cell. She's not on the breach so no idea who she is or what she does.

And I found the blacksmith. Now I know what to do with certain items I found earlier. :D

I found and rescued (?) a woman who was combing her hair in a cell. She's not on the breach so no idea who she is or what she does.

And I found the blacksmith. Now I know what to do with certain items I found earlier. :D

I really lucked out when I made it all the way through. Haven't done it since. The items/gun I had were just amazing.

Regarding the female NPC...

She might be the one that grants you a buff. She's in the top room just to the right on the gungeon entrance.

Regarding the female NPC...

She might be the one that grants you a buff. She's in the top room just to the right on the gungeon entrance.

Apparently that's not the one I rescued because the door to that room is still locked :D

Free content update on the way.

CrMM79KUIAEh3hx.png

- it’s free

- PC in the fall, PS4 soon after

- pasts for Robot and Bullet

- gun shaped like a bullet that shoots guns that shoot bullets