NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza 0 (PS4)

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You can't of enjoyed them that much. You never even finished 40 of them. Dem trophy stats don't lie. :D 

Indeed. I'm already looking for a copy of Kiwami. It's a little tougher  than just getting it from Argos tomorrow as I want the standard version and not the steel book. Few sellers on Amazon have it but I need to make sure it's the UK version and not the US. Hopefully I'll be playing it come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Im now on the final chapter of the game but reading nekunando's earlier comments it's probably best to save it until I finish work tomorrow. It seems that it's a long chapter with few save points. 

There's a point in the final chapter where it warns you that you won't be able to go back so by all means play until there but I didn't anticipate just how much time it would take to get through everything that followed :hmm:

I can imagine picking up Kiwami too eventually, but it'll probably be a while until I'm refreshed enough to re-enter that world! Like @Hero-of-Time, I'm likely to avoid the steelbook edition. It just wouldn't look right next to the other PS4 games..

Simply Games have the standard edition of Kiwami in stock, so I ordered that this morning. I'll get Zero finished off this evening and hopefully be able to crack straight on with Kiwami tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Simply Games have the standard edition of Kiwami in stock, so I ordered that this morning. I'll get Zero finished off this evening and hopefully be able to crack straight on with Kiwami tomorrow.

I know we probably both prefer the physical side but the game is £9.99 on the PlayStation Store until 9/5/18 and I've definitely considered it :grin:

If you ever move onto the PS3 games before they possibly get Kiwami-fied then you would have to buy 5 digitally anyway as it didn't get a physical release over here. I had to buy the Japanese version for my collection.

If you ever move onto the PS3 games before they possibly get Kiwami-fied then you would have to buy 5 digitally anyway as it didn't get a physical release over here. I had to buy the Japanese version for my collection.

25 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah, shame that it never got a physical release over here. I'm sure i've got 4 and 5 as part of PS+.

32 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I know we probably both prefer the physical side but the game is £9.99 on the PlayStation Store until 9/5/18 and I've definitely considered it :grin:

I'd rather pay through the nose and have it on my shelf. Stupid but that's the way I roll. :D 

My first Yakuza adventure is complete!

giphy.gif

Spoiler

The last fights were fantastic. The music accompanying them fit perfectly and it really hyped me up for the fights. 

Majima losing the plot/his cool was amazing. I got real satisfaction from beating the hell out of Awano and then Lao Gui. Still, it was good to see pull a Vader and see the light side before his end.

The final battle on the top of the boat was stupidly epic. Again, the music playing a big part of the whole fight.

The ending hit me hard. Poor Majima. :cry:I wonder if she knew it was him?

Overall I enjoyed seeing both stories of the characters but I probably enjoyed playing Majima more. His fighting style is far more fun to use. However, I was disappointed Kiryu and Majima didn't get to meet until right at the end. :( 

Did those endings in the middle of the credits just spoil a bunch of stuff? They mention Kiryu going to prison for 10 years. Without spoiling things, does this stuff get explained in Kiwami?

What a game and story! I'm so glad I gave it another chance after dropping it last year and then pushed through my rough start during this play through.

My copy of Kiwami got shipped this morning and I'm eager to see what else happens to Kiryu and company. I'll be firing it up as soon as I get home.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

giphy.gif

Final Chapter & Ending (Hide contents)

The last fights were fantastic. The music accompanying them fit perfectly and it really hyped me up for the fights. 

Majima losing the plot/his cool was amazing. I got real satisfaction from beating the hell out of Awano and then Lao Gui. Still, it was good to see pull a Vader and see the light side before his end.

The final battle on the top of the boat was stupidly epic. Again, the music playing a big part of the whole fight.

Overall I enjoyed seeing both stories of the characters but I probably enjoyed playing Majima more. His fighting style is far more fun to use. However, I was disappointed Kiryu and Majima didn't get to meet until right at the end. :( 

Did those endings in the middle of the credits just spoil a bunch of stuff? They mention Kiryu going to prison for 10 years. Without spoiling things, does this stuff get explained in Kiwami?

What a game and story! I'm so glad I gave it another chance after dropping it last year and then pushed through my rough start during this play through.

My copy of Kiwami got shipped this morning and I'm eager to see what else happens to Kiryu and company. I'll be firing it up as soon as I get home.

Yeah it is referencing stuff that happens in Kiwami but it happens so early in that game that its barely a spoiler.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway, definitely one of my favourite series. Kiwami might be a bit of a shock on the fighting front as it goes back to just one style and is a lot more limited. Still fun just for the story of course.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Awesome! :cool: It’s really great that you managed to finally get into the series.

Here’s hoping you continue to enjoy it with Kiwami. :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah it is referencing stuff that happens in Kiwami but it happens so early in that game that its barely a spoiler.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway, definitely one of my favourite series. Kiwami might be a bit of a shock on the fighting front as it goes back to just one style and is a lot more limited. Still fun just for the story of course.

I'm not really sure the lack of variety in the combat would affect my impressions that much as I never changed styles an awful lot in Yakuza 0.

With Kiwami being shorter, the thought of picking it up isn't that daunting but I'm on a bit of a backlog binge at the moment..

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I hope you both spent a good amount of time singing Karaoke by the way

3vgzq6-65xjBrNSkBu40zlo43qU=.gif

• Haha 1

Simply Games have failed me. Kiwami didn't arrive today. :( I hope this isn't a taste of things to come now that they are under new ownership.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Simply Games have failed me. Kiwami didn't arrive today. :( I hope this isn't a taste of things to come now that they are under new ownership.

Should have bought the digital version :p

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Should have bought the digital version :p

I'm honesty half tempted to just so I can start it tonight. :D Saying that, it would probably take until 7-8 tonight for the download to finish.

I've fired up Zero again. I've started a Legend play through and have just beat down Kuze.  No idea how far I'll get with it but it will at least keep me occupied.

What do you think you'll do when you finish Kiwami? Can you really hold out until August for Kiwami 2???

If I enjoy Kiwami then I'll probably just buy the PS2 version of Yakuza  2 and crack on with that.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Its rare. My copy cost me £50 and that was a good deal.

Yeah, I was checking it out the other day. Even the PS3 games have gone up in price.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I was checking it out the other day. Even the PS3 games have gone up in price.

Its a shame, when Yakuza 0 came out in the US they actually released another run of the PS2 and PS3 games so they were easy to get over there. We weren't as lucky.

On 27/04/2018 at 7:05 PM, Happenstance said:

I don't remember anything like that at all. I'm wondering if theres something wrong with your game. Might be worth reinstalling/downloading.

Yeah I think it's the controller as it's moving slightly on the map too. Sigh. 

On 30/04/2018 at 6:35 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

giphy.gif

Final Chapter & Ending (Reveal hidden contents)

I absolutely loved the game when I first played it early this year. The story was just fantastic. I didn't care for much mini games but did a few of the side quests that grabbed me as I was making my way through the main story.

Glad that you enjoyed it in the end.

• Thanks 1

I jumped back into this yesterday for the first time since playing through Yakuza 6. Wow, what a difference the frame rate makes! :o You definitely miss the improved visuals and (much more importantly) the seamless nature of 6 though. I'd forgotten how basically everything needed separate loading in previous Yakuza games, including Zero.
Combat felt really strange too, which is funny as I thought exactly the same thing when moving from Zero/Kiwami to 6. :D

Anyway yeah, as I suspected there's a lot of extra content in Zero that I never really spent much time with back when I played through the main story, so checking this stuff out now should keep me busy Yakuza-wise until Kiwami 2 in August. :grin:

• Thanks 1

*looks around*

*updates Trophy Card*

*leaves thread*

Yep, add me to the N-E Yakuza fanclub please... :cool:

...lifetime membership.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this