Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Happy St. Patricks Day 2016

Mokong

Itaran-islands-st-patrick.gif

Beannachtaí lá féile Pádriag! (Happy St. Patricks Day!) To my N-Europe peeps. Be you actually Irish, have Irish ancestry or just want to celebrate anyway for the "criac"! Hope anyone celebrating the green today has a great day :D

In keeping with a tradition I started back in 2008, here if my story for 2016.

A bit different this year, as this is the 100th anniversary of The Easter Rising 1916 here in Ireland, instead of a tale from ancient folklore, this year is a historical story, of the history of Ireland, of the Rising, a turning point in our history.

I hope you enjoy this just as much as the magical, mythical tales I have told previously. I suppose to the N-E'ers from the UK this is also a story of our (troubled) shared history, but one I imagine isn't taught in school history classes in the UK. I'm aware I may not have painted the British involvement in the best of lights but it is history that holds the brush and I hope you still enjoy the video and my telling of the story anyway. :)

While there are no Celtic Gods, no magic, this is still a story of many brave Irish heroes.

Edited by Mokong

I knew about the Easter Uprising already but enjoyed the video, thanks.

There were some points I could have discussed here (about the video) but it's St. Patrick's Day and I want to celebrate it so Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!

This video is not directly related but is worth watching if you have the time-

And here is a short Irish film which you might like to watch-

Edited by sumo73