N-Europe

Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions NE-Meetup anyone?

Dcubed

Hey guys! Who else here is going to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions concert on December 20th? (@Serebii, I think I remember that you mentioned that you were going at least ;) )

I was just thinking that it would be nice for some of us to meet up and hang out for a bit before the concert starts? (would also be a nice chance to trade/battle Pokemon as well for some of you Pokemaniacs out there ;) )

Perhaps meet at a nearby bar, like The William Morris Wetherspoons a couple of hours or so before the show starts?

Anyone here up for it? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. As it turns out, I'm actually going to be working tomorrow, before the concert, after all; so if you the are going to meet up, I won't be able to join you I'm afraid :(

I'm still gonna be there though, but I'm not gonna be getting there early now. I'll be wearing a Rayquaza shirt alongside Ugh first aid though (who should be wearing a Kyogre shirt) though. So be sure to say hi if you see us! : peace:

Well that was amazing! :D

I'm really glad that they chose a lot of lesser known songs. Falling Ashes and Ecruteak City were particular highlights! :D

But of course Black & White was the star of the show. The N-Counter ensemble was incredible! Easily the best of the show! :D Going in, that was the part I was looking forward to the most by far and it did not disappoint!

Overall they picked some great tunes. I'm so happy that it wasn't just the fan favourites (though of course, the surprise appearance of Gotta Catch Em All at the end was wonderful!)

Edited by Dcubed

Overall they picked some great tunes. I'm so happy that it wasn't just the fan favourites (though of course, the surprise appearance of Gotta Catch Em All at the end was wonderful!)

I did find it strangely ironic how the guy at the end said after saying there would be two more performances coming, which led to a few shouts of "Lavender Town!" and some other tracks, his response was "It's not Karaoke!" and then proceeded to say that he wanted us to sing along to the next song (Gotta Catch 'Em All) and that for the second there would be lyrics on the screen for us to sing along to "Like a Karaoke!"

On the whole the show was a bit of a letdown, for two main reasons:

1] I didn't recognise most of the performances properly, they rang faint bells in my head but nothing stood out.

2] They tried covering too many games in one night. One or two songs from each game and a few more from the later games just was too much. Especially when this wasn't done:

This would be much better if they spread it out over a couple of evenings. One night for the Red/Blue to Gold/Silver etc, a bit like the Zelda Symphony performances.

Just sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to everyone for too long. Feel bad because I kept having people wish to talk to me, but only limited time...worried I came off as an ass haha. Tried to talk to as many as possible

Great choices of tracks, and a nice mixture of all generations, not just focusing on nostalgia.

I am disappointed that fans in the UK didn't know the words to Kiseki :p

But I have the t-shirt and poster so it's all good.

Edited by Serebii

That was hilarious, everyone gets all psyched up and then you get nothing but a big mumble from the audience :laughing:

I'm glad that I didn't read up on the song list before hand, was a great surprise to hear the oddball choices come up one by one! (I loved the applause when Professor Sycamore's name came on the screen : peace: )

That was hilarious, everyone gets all psyched up and then you get nothing but a big mumble from the audience :laughing:

I'm glad that I didn't read up on the song list before hand, was a great surprise to hear the oddball choices come up one by one! (I loved the applause when Professor Sycamore's name came on the screen : peace: )

Sycamore's theme is massively beloved, as is the Route 10 theme that showed up in the Black & White part.

I question those teams beating the champions in the videos. They're so underlevelled :p

I question those teams beating the champions in the videos. They're so underlevelled :p

Heh, me and @Ugh first aid said exactly the same thing :laughing:

Seriously though! Props to that guy who beat Red with that crappy team! Must've been a hell of a lot of Revives used in that attempt ;)

Yeah, they picked some great choices, but the B&W part really stole the show. It was the part I was looking forward to the most and it was every bit as good as I was hoping it would be!

Glad that it wasn't just pandering to nostalgia with nothing but the expected fan favourites (as much as I love the Zelda Symphonies, their choices were very safe for the most part) and I liked how they did a lot of medlies as well (makes sense, considering how short a lot of the music is, so they have to find ways of mixing tracks together - something they did especially well in N-Counter!)

Edited by Dcubed

Ah yes, that iconic piece of Pokémon music :heh:

Even people gave up singing the Pokémon theme half way through, only chirping up a bit when the fit conductor kept prompting us.

(I loved the applause when Professor Sycamore's name came on the screen : peace: )

It did make a change from the other weird noises that came from the crowd at times, like someone had failed a Jeremy Kyle lie detector.

But still, no Route 1. Refund worthy.

Favourite tune... probably the Team Rocket theme. Or one of the Gym Leaders' ch00ns.

But I have the t-shirt and poster so it's all good.

Me too. Actually got two of each so I could flog some for monies back. Didn't bother with any of the bootleg action outside though. If I didn't have work this morning at 6 I would've stayed to get my poster signed, but sadly could not afford the time, got back home at 12:30 and it was straight to bed.

I was thinking of going to one next year (if this wasn't a one off?) and very intrigued what everyone thought of it. The anime sing along has really put me off though, sounds like it was massively cringy. I assumed it'd be video games only, none of the other rubbish.

Still want to go to a Zelda one at least one time, please tell me that doesn't have any sing along nonsense?

I was thinking of going to one next year (if this wasn't a one off?) and very intrigued what everyone thought of it. The anime sing along has really put me off though, sounds like it was massively cringy. I assumed it'd be video games only, none of the other rubbish.

Well a bit of cringe is kind of part and parcel of a Pokemon event really ;) It was only the last two songs anyway, the rest was all very nice (well, when the audience weren't screaming at everything that was happening in the video footage that is!)

Still want to go to a Zelda one at least one time, please tell me that doesn't have any sing along nonsense?

Nah, the Zelda one is classy all the way through.

I was thinking of going to one next year (if this wasn't a one off?) and very intrigued what everyone thought of it.

As mentioned, attempted to cover too many games/tracks in one night and failed. Needed to segregate it a bit. Would sound so much better and they would definately get a shitload more money out of it.

How many really popular Zelda tracks actually exist? Not counting the eardrum raping Epona warbling you get at Lon Lon Ranch.

You're in luck with a Zelda thing, in April.