NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Nintendo Accounts Open! (in Japan)

In Japan at least. Stealth launch. Imagine we'll get it later today, will amend the post accordingly

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html

At the moment it's just creating it overall and allowing it to link to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and of course your NNID.

Special promotion until February 1st, get 1000Yen on your account through Credit Card, Prepaid Card etc. and you get 100 Yen back

In Japan at least. Stealth launch. Imagine we'll get it later today, will amend the post accordingly

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html

At the moment it's just creating it overall and allowing it to link to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and of course your NNID.

Special promotion until February 1st, get 1000Yen on your account through Credit Card, Prepaid Card etc. and you get 100 Yen back

Hey! It's the return of the Digital Deluxe Promotion! :D (effectively anyway) I missed that thing!

Hey! It's the return of the Digital Deluxe Promotion! :D (effectively anyway) I missed that thing!

Yeah, considering I'm about to be giving all my money to Pokémon Picross, I linked my Japanese NNID as soon as I could :)

Looking on Gaf the whole thing seems very promising. Things like a purchase history list and being able to buy stuff from a PC are very welcome. Hopefully a western launch isn't too far behind.

That thread title. Pulled me in and smacked me right in the face with the Japan only. Seems like a good promo tho, would be a nice thing to get here as well.

That thread title. Pulled me in and smacked me right in the face with the Japan only. Seems like a good promo tho, would be a nice thing to get here as well.

Who said only? First would be the better term.

We know it's going to be worldwide, they're just staggering the launches so as to not break the internet.

Purchase history carries over. Are we finally going to be able to just download all our games on the new system!!??!! Hassle free?!

Only catch is 3DS games NNID onwards will be added, so stuff downloaded beforehand don't travel over.

We know it's going to be worldwide, they're just staggering the launches so as to not break the internet.

Probably this, the Japanese one keeps crashing for me.

OK, another thing I will "kill" you with questions :D, but at least there is still time for that.

Purchase history carries over. Are we finally going to be able to just download all our games on the new system!!??!! Hassle free?!

Only catch is 3DS games NNID onwards will be added, so stuff downloaded beforehand don't travel over.

Well yeah, the Nintendo Network ID is the login

Well yeah, the Nintendo Network ID is the login

And?

When I log in with my ID to the club nintendo account it has all my purchases before then!

Also, why go so defensive about it? Did I say it was stupid or ridiculous or that I couldn't believe it? Merely stated the facts.

And?

When I log in with my ID to the club nintendo account it has all my purchases before then!

Also, why go so defensive about it? Did I say it was stupid or ridiculous or that I couldn't believe it? Merely stated the facts.

Wow. Someone's defensive but it's not me.

All I was saying was that since you use the Nintendo Network ID to log in, it brings everything NNID with it, including that.

Wow. Someone's defensive but it's not me.

All I was saying was that since you use the Nintendo Network ID to log in, it brings everything NNID with it, including that.

Maybe I read too much into it, but the 'well yeah' felt like you were defending an attack that wasn't there about not games pre NNID on 3DS don't move over.

I don't think it means anything in regards to future transfers of purchases anyway. They do have a server-side record of your purchases on 3DS (pretty sure they still have records as far back as Wii and DSi as well for that matter), so even if it isn't showing up on your NNID, they'll still have a record tied to your account because the 3DS that you linked your NNID to already had a server-side record of purchases that would've just been either merged together or linked to your NNID on Nintendo's end.

So even if your purchases aren't showing up, all of your content will no doubt be transferable in the same fashion.

Are you talking about being able to play games we got on the eShop also on the next console?

I just want my flipnote 3D tbh, bring it on!

Totally! I've been wanting it for ages, what's happened to it? Also want some more info on when SmileBASIC will get a release over here, I missed out on Petit Computer so i'm keen to get SmileBASIC when it comes out.

And?

I am still going on the pretext that we still will have to call Nintendo and get them to give us permissions/police report etc etc before we can just login and download when using a 2nd machine for example.

I maybe wrong but until nintendo prove to me they have accepted that the way sony, MS, google etc all handle software purchases is correct then I am gonna be very sceptical.

I am still going on the pretext that we still will have to call Nintendo and get them to give us permissions/police report etc etc before we can just login and download when using a 2nd machine for example.

I maybe wrong but until nintendo prove to me they have accepted that the way sony, MS, google etc all handle software purchases is correct then I am gonna be very sceptical.

It'll forever be the case with Wii U and 3DS.

NX is a whole different story though

I think that's wise :) I'm pretty certain they'll sort it once and for all and the Nintendo Account having all the old software logged makes me more so; but you never know with nintendo. Especially after the embarrassing online in Mario Tennis...

Sign in to follow this