NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (Early 2016)

Only good thing to come from this game :p

No, I can't accept that.

Are you trying to say that these games don't have good soundtracks?

Because I would have to seriously question your taste in music if you don't think so.

@Dcubed! Get in here! Serebii's trying to imply that the Mystery Dungeon soundtracks aren't good!

EDIT: You're also implying that the stories aren't good either! NO! That's a bad Pokemon Website owner!

Edited by Glen-i

No, I can't accept that.

Are you trying to say that these games don't have good soundtracks?

Because I would have to seriously question your taste in music if you don't think so.

@Dcubed! Get in here! Serebii's trying to imply that the Mystery Dungeon soundtracks aren't good!

EDIT: You're also implying that the stories aren't good either! NO! That's a bad Pokemon Website owner!

After playing a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game where the entire plot is "Slowking lost his chocolate bar", I have no patience for Dungeon's stories

After playing a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game where the entire plot is "Slowking lost his chocolate bar", I have no patience for Dungeon's stories

Oh, no-one cares about the story of the Japan-only WiiWare game!

Just because you had to play it, doesn't mean the other stories aren't good! The mainline games could learn a thing or two from them.

And I still maintain the soundtracks are brilliant!

Sorry mate, the Wiiware games are hardly representitive of the series and you know it :p

Also...

Treasure Town's music alone says that you are WRONG.gif

Not...

to...

mention...

the...

myriad...

of...

brilliant...

music...

throughout...

the...

series!

So NER!

Edited by Dcubed

I never said the soundtracks were bad. I was so happy when I got Meloetta's place in Gates to Infinity for that reason :)

I never said the soundtracks were bad. I was so happy when I got Meloetta's place in Gates to Infinity for that reason :)

Well, there you go. Artwork isn't the only good thing to come out of the series.

As is to be expected, the boxart uses the Sugimori artwork.

super-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-boxart.png

Gorgeous! I'm having serious problems choosing whether to go for digital or physical now...

The world needs more box art like this.

Hey remember this game guys?

Well there's a new trailer for it that Serebii refused to share here.

No joke, the visuals look way better than X/Y. It'll probably run at a steady frame rate as well. Although that's not saying much.

Full of Japanese of course, and yet it still gets me very excited!

Hey remember this game guys?

Well there's a new trailer for it that Serebii refused to share here.

No joke, the visuals look way better than X/Y. It'll probably run at a steady frame rate as well. Although that's not saying much.

Full of Japanese of course, and yet it still gets me very excited!

The models are less advanced so of course it runs better than XY :p

The models are less advanced so of course it runs better than XY :p

I'd take less advanced models if it meant I could have 4 on one screen without the frame rate having a heart attack.

Especially if those models wear adorable little scarfs, etc. when you equip stuff!

EDIT: Oh, and I would imagine that they have more animations than X/Y going by the models in Gates to Infinity.

Edited by Glen-i

9/9/9/9 (36/40) from the Weekly Famitsu. Could actually be a good game! :o

Gates to Infinity got 38/40 :p

Gates to Infinity got 38/40 :p

You're telling this to someone who's never played any of the PMD games. The context is lost.

Serebii really really really hates Roguelikes, (He likes Pokemon, but doesn't like the Mystery Dungeon series, so clearly, it's a problem with Roguelikes) so he's not the guy to listen to if you're looking for a roguelike.

Gates to Infinity is perfectly OK, the gameplay is great. But a few irritating drawbacks (Annoyingly slow text speed, lack of a postgame story, a little bit too lenient when you die, etc.) stop it from reaching the great heights of Explorers of Sky. (My personal favourite)

Good to see that it got a good score, can't wait for it to come out here!

Edited by Glen-i

They're not.

Sorry, @Glen\-i :p

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

If I had the money and the time, I'd be playing this game right now!

I put a little time into this over the weekend and i'm not impressed by it.

The writing in the game is terrible. Truly terrible. It tries to be funny but just comes off as very annoying and stupidly childish.

Gameplay wise, it's not bad but it's not great either. The whole thing just seems very bland. I'm failing to see the appeal here. ::shrug:

For the sake of context, @Hero\-of\-Time, what chapter are you on?

I somehow made it all the way to chapter 3.

Play it a bit longer - takes a good while to immerse yourself (though I've yet to play SMD, but that's been the case in the last few games). If you still don't like it after that, I'd trade it in and purchase both Blue Rescue Team and Myster Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky (though Sky is certainly the best of those three).

Cannot recommend those games enough. Perhaps the best storylines of any Pokémon game..?

Play it a bit longer - takes a good while to immerse yourself (though I've yet to play SMD, but that's been the case in the last few games). If you still don't like it after that, I'd trade it in and purchase both Blue Rescue Team and Myster Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky (though Sky is certainly the best of those three).

Cannot recommend those games enough. Perhaps the best storylines of any Pokémon game..?

Honestly, it's the writing that is bugging me the most about the thing. It's just flat out cringe worthy and not even remotely funny.

The Ranger games are still the best spinoff games, IMO. Cracking storylines, fantastic gameplay that freshens up the capturing mechanic, and plenty of content. I was contemplating buying the Wii U Virtual Console version but I then remembered what a mess the games made of my DS screen. :D

Honestly, it's the writing that is bugging me the most about the thing. It's just flat out cringe worthy and not even remotely funny.

The Ranger games are still the best spinoff games, IMO. Cracking storylines, fantastic gameplay that freshens up the capturing mechanic, and plenty of content. I was contemplating buying the Wii U Virtual Console version but I then remembered what a mess the games made of my DS screen. :D

I'll have you know that Pokémon Link is by far and away the best handheld spinoff

But in all seriousness, I'd put the Rescue Team/Mystery Dungeon series at least on par with the Ranger series (and that's saying something - I love almost everything about that series). So if the game ever irks you to the point of a trade-in, pick up one of the aforementioned!

I had a friend who used to try and help me on Ranger who used their finger as opposed to a stylus. NOPE

Yeah, @Julius Caesar is right, give the game time. Past the halfway point, the story gets WAY better!

I finished it on Sunday, and the ending literally had me jaw-dropped at one point. Especially after playing the other PMD games. It played on my expectations beautifully.

The game hasn't even started to get challenging yet at Chapter 3. It's still playing with the kiddy gloves at this point. It gets seriously tough later on.

The game hasn't even started to get challenging yet at Chapter 3. It's still playing with the kiddy gloves at this point. It gets seriously tough later on.

Difficulty isn't the issue, it's the awful writing/dialogue that is.

Sign in to follow this