NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (Early 2016)

logo.png

London, United Kingdom—May 21, 2015— The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the latest installment of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that has sold more than 13 million copies worldwide. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be available in Europe in early 2016.

Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.

Please don't be F2P, Please don't be F2P, Please don't be F2P, Please don't be F2P, Please don't be F2P, Please don't be F2P...

Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter.

"More of the same, but bigger!"

I love when press releases don't even try.

Well, that sorta makes up for Art Academy!

Sorta.

I'm so very hyped now! And I don't care what any of you think!

I was going to complain but I appreciate it's an established game series that sells pretty well and I must remember that Pokemon has a bigger kids audience than any other Nintendo franchise.

It makes me wonder though, what numbers did Pokemon Snap do? All I ever hear is people pining for a return of that game but instead we keep getting Rumble and Mystery Dungeon. Again, I can see why, sales and all that, but why can't we get some of the other quality titles too?

(Genuine ignorant question, I'm not trying to be snarky :p)

I was going to complain but I appreciate it's an established game series that sells pretty well and I must remember that Pokemon has a bigger kids audience than any other Nintendo franchise.

It makes me wonder though, what numbers did Pokemon Snap do? All I ever hear is people pining for a return of that game but instead we keep getting Rumble and Mystery Dungeon. Again, I can see why, sales and all that, but why can't we get some of the other quality titles too?

(Genuine ignorant question, I'm not trying to be snarky :p)

Mystery dungeon has a pretty large fan base. Like, genuinely big for a spin-off series.

It might also be that the company who did Snap just isn't around anymore. (Pure guess, feel free to correct me if that's wrong)

Chun Soft do the Mystery Dungeon Series and have nothing to do with Snap. Same as whoever does Rumble.

That has to be factored in as well.

Mystery dungeon has a pretty large fan base. Like, genuinely big for a spin-off series.

It might also be that the company who did Snap just isn't around anymore. (Pure guess, feel free to correct me if that's wrong)

Chun Soft do the Mystery Dungeon Series and have nothing to do with Snap. Same as whoever does Rumble.

Aah I figured it could be to do with development studios. Oh well. Everyone go back to enjoying the thread :p

HAL most certainly ARE still around, but they're too busy making Boxboy, Pokemon Ranger and Kirby to make Pokemon Snap :p

HAL most certainly ARE still around, but they're too busy making Boxboy, Pokemon Ranger and Kirby to make Pokemon Snap :p

HAL did Snap?

Huh...

I remember seeing some weird company name associated with it... Let me just wiki that...

Ah, Pax Softnica. Only N64 game they did. They're not around anymore.

I don't envy you at all @Serebii for having to play this game to exhaustion! Played the last one and hated it!

I guess it's a good seller and not directly made by Game Freak...

I want a decent Wii U Pokémon game, whatever it is, not just Rumble! Not demanding a full RPG like a lot of people want, but something of quality that could sell well!

Dungeon games are my least favourite and I hate covering them.

I really hope they've learned from their mistakes with the 3DS one. That game is a bad stain on the series.

If it's even half as good as Explorers of Sky, I'm gonna be super happy.

Serebii's misgivings be damned!

I'm starting to see why you don't like the series. It's not exactly the kind of game you should pick apart to the extreme.

I really hope they've learned from their mistakes with the 3DS one. That game is a bad stain on the series.

If it's even half as good as Explorers of Sky, I'm gonna be super happy.

Serebii's misgivings be damned!

I'm starting to see why you don't like the series. It's not exactly the kind of game you should pick apart to the extreme.

Na, I enjoy picking games apart.

It's the bloody gameplay that sucks.

Na, I enjoy picking games apart.

It's the bloody gameplay that sucks.

Fair enough. But I love it, and that's that.

I also maintain that the 3DS version is a poor representation of the series.

I did enjoy Gates to Infinity, but it definitely had its flaws. Hopefully they'll have a better post-game and more (hopefully all) Pokémon available in this one...

Awful name, though.

If only... :cry:

Gates to Infinity was good, but suffered from some cripplingly slow text speed, a lack of Pokemon and just slow pacing in general. That game just really needs a boost of nitro. I didn't really mind the low difficulty that came during the main game, cause the post game was suitably soul crushingly hard at least.

Hopefully they've figured that out with this one...

I think I was quite generous when I gave Gates to Infinity 6/10 when it came out! If you read the review, I clearly wasn't inspired to write much!

- All 721 Pokemon are in!!!

- 20 Pokemon to choose from the start.

- Text speed does not look excruciatingly slow

- Wailord in your party looks hilarious

Game looks THE TITS!!! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

It does look awesome, yeah, but...

...Riolu instead of Meowth?! :(

Do you even know the Pokemon fanbase?

Guarantee that if you asked the Explorers of Sky players what Pokemon they chose, the majority of them would say Riolu.

Like, Riolu's popularity is so ridiculously high, Meowth isn't even in the same universe.

Anyway, YAY! That text speed is reasonable!

No idea what two Pokemon I'm going with this time though...

Another Japanese trailer. Shows a few more things.

- QUESTIONNAIRE IS BACK!

- Something that looks an awful lot like Xenoblade's NPC Affinity Chart. (I have no idea what it's for though)

- But what's most interesting is this.

HHOJNFB.png

That's awfully similar to the Blue/Red Rescue Team World Map. Seems like you might be able to go back to Pokemon Square.

- QUESTIONNAIRE IS BACK!

- Something that looks an awful lot like Xenoblade's NPC Affinity Chart. (I have no idea what it's for though)

HHOJNFB.png

That's awfully similar to the Blue/Red Rescue Team World Map. Seems like you might be able to go back to Pokemon Square.

Whoa, nice catch

- QUESTIONNAIRE IS BACK!

HHOJNFB.png

Heh. I was saying just the other day how everything in this reminded me of Blue/Red Rescue team!

That Not-Xenoblade-Affinity-Chart looks terrifyingly large... I'd hope that it doesn't involve grinding if it does indeed cover all 720 Pokemon! :o

Absolutely gorgeous 3DS theme for Japanese people who pre-order the game.

dungeontheme1.jpg

I really hope that comes out over here.

Ken Sugimori's Mystery Dungeon artwork always looks so bloody sublime! Gates to Infinity's box art sucked in comparison to the others.

Absolutely gorgeous 3DS theme for Japanese people who pre-order the game.

dungeontheme1.jpg

I really hope that comes out over here.

Ken Sugimori's Mystery Dungeon artwork always looks so bloody sublime! Gates to Infinity's box art sucked in comparison to the others.

Only good thing to come from this game :p

Sign in to follow this