NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
markderoos

BOXBOY!

Ok, I know this is a €5,- 3DS eShop game, but I think it really deserves its own thread and with it a lot more love and attention :yay:

If you like puzzlers and don't mind its quirky graphics than this little gem is a real bargain! It's addictive, sometimes really hard and I just can't put it down. :bowdown:

Who else is playing this and what do you guys think?

I 100%'d it last week. Fantastic game, and it's bound to be ignored by the mass populace which is criminal

I 100%'d it last week. Fantastic game, and it's bound to be ignored by the mass populace which is criminal

It's hard for a game like this to raise a lot of attention. But for that price it's a absolute steal for people who like puzzle games :)

I downloaded this straight after the Nintendo direct, and it really is a great little game. The basic idea seems so simple at first, but they manage to do so much with it. Some of the puzzles are pretty fiendish, particularly in the later levels. I was also surprised by just how much content there is. Every time I thought I was near the end more new worlds seemed to keep coming, and there are bonus time trial levels to unlock as well. If you have any interest in puzzle platformers then this is a real bargain.

C&P from the gaming diary thread:

Another 3DS game added to the list, it's post-Nintendo Direct surprise, BOXBOY! :)

Nice little action puzzler with a lovely retro style, felt as if I was playing a new Game Boy title. :love:

Took around 5 hours to beat the standard stages, but a few more worlds open up after the credits, and there are also additional score/time attack stages. icon14.gif

I've still got some of those post-credits stages to do, it's definitely not skimpy on content.

I also love how there can be many different ways to solve stages or collect crowns, have discovered some pretty unusual solutions while playing this. :laughing:

I go to bed at night thinking about Box Boy puzzles. It's like my Picross craze all over again.

Didn't realise it was a €5 dealie - is it £5 too or less? Might check it out for a couple hours of gaming as I'm still not feeling my WiiU right now and just finished up MM.

Didn't realise it was a €5 dealie - is it £5 too or less? Might check it out for a couple hours of gaming as I'm still not feeling my WiiU right now and just finished up MM.

It's £4.49 :) Well worth it!

This was one of my favourite games from last year, so really glad to see it get a sequel.

Here's the Japanese official website. Out now in Japan, hopefully should come out here soon too.

This was one of my favourite games from last year, so really glad to see it get a sequel.

Here's the Japanese official website. Out now in Japan, hopefully should come out here soon too.

Wait, was this known about or is it just came out of the blue? Either way, it's all good. I played through the original late last year and found it to be a great experience.

Wait, was this known about or is it just came out of the blue? Either way, it's all good. I played through the original late last year and found it to be a great experience.

Just came out of the blue

Well there's a nice surprise!

Having the two different block formations should make for some pretty nicely varied puzzles.

They could've announced it in the last Nintendo Direct, but it makes for a nice new year's surprise :)

Hopefully won't be too long before we get it!

Wow that one really snuck through. Considering the team behind it and just how good the original game is, I'm surprised Nintendo haven't made more of a song and dance about this one! Great game and I'm pleased to see it gain a sequel.

Sign in to follow this