NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

I find those Wystones pretty annoying to use really. Not sure if they level up more so that they last longer, but at the moment they always seem to run out at the worst possible time for me. :hmm:

Probably just down to bad timing on my part though. :heh:

They are great when used in a team. If everyone uses them at the same time you can bring a monster out of frenzy stupidly fast.

They are great when used in a team. If everyone uses them at the same time you can bring a monster out of frenzy stupidly fast.
Yeah, it must be scaled depending on how many players there are though, just like monster HP.

I have made good use of them a few times, but against the more hyper monsters the window of opportunity is obviously much smaller. :hehe:

And of course there are always those unpredictable elements to contend with (classic MH moments) like being knocked over by a rhino, or for lava to suddenly erupt right where you're standing, etc... :laughing:

So what does Frenzy actually do then? I've not noticed much of a difference at all when fighting an infected monster or whilst I've been infected. ::shrug:

So what does Frenzy actually do then? I've not noticed much of a difference at all when fighting an infected monster or whilst I've been infected. ::shrug:

Frenzy monsters are faster and hit harder. They also infect the player with various status effects.

There are then Apex monsters, which are even tougher and even blades with white sharpness will bounce off them. You need the stones to get them out of this mode and get some good damage dealt to them. No stones means you will be fighting a hard monster and your weapons will constantly be bouncing off him. This is why players get kicked at G3+ stuff if they don't have any wystones with them, because they are essentially useless in the fight.

Speaking of weapons bouncing...

I went back and did some of the low rank quests yesterday and unlocked a new urgent against this weird electric unicorn thing. :heh: It wasn't a frenzied monster, and my weapon has white sharpness, but pretty much every attack would bounce. :blank:

Still not quite sure how I managed to kill it. Guess my cats did most of the damage. :laughing:

Speaking of weapons bouncing...

I went back and did some of the low rank quests yesterday and unlocked a new urgent against this weird electric unicorn thing. :heh: It wasn't a frenzied monster, and my weapon has white sharpness, but pretty much every attack would bounce. :blank:

Still not quite sure how I managed to kill it. Guess my cats did most of the damage. :laughing:

Ah, Kirin. What a guy. :bowdown:

Yeah, you have to aim for his head/horn to able to cut through him.

Ah, Kirin. What a guy. :bowdown:

Yeah, you have to aim for his head/horn to able to cut through him.

Speaking of Kirin...

Has anyone got a Guild quest to fight one? Preferably below Level 30.

It's driving me nuts trying to get one and there's no other way to refight it.

I want my super Lightning blade! I want it, I want it, I want it!

(I found that fight quite easy, Sword and Shield makes it very easy to keep up with it and hit the head)

Speaking of Kirin...

Has anyone got a Guild quest to fight one? Preferably below Level 30.

It's driving me nuts trying to get one and there's no other way to refight it.

I want my super Lightning blade! I want it, I want it, I want it!

(I found that fight quite easy, Sword and Shield makes it very easy to keep up with it and hit the head)

Yeah, I got one for you. We need to add each other and then I will hook you up.

Wait... What!?

You're at G-Rank and you don't know what Frenzy does?

You know, there's a line in the early single player mode that I think is quite apt.

I believe it's the Guildmarm who says something along the lines of

"You should take the time to read through the hunter notes. I know what you're thinking, 'Ugh, READING?', but a proper hunter has knowledge as well as strength"

Say what you will about the dialogue, but it certainly has most of it's audience down pat.

Anyway, to be more helpful, if you get infected with Frenzy, you have until that purple bar fills up to get rid of it. You get rid of it by attacking monsters.

If you're successful in getting rid of it, your attack and affinity goes up (By 30%, I believe) for a while and you become immune to further infection.

Fail to get rid of it, and you lose the ability to naturally heal, you also take crazy damage from frenzy attacks.

You can buy yourself more time with a Nulberry.

I love this status effect, it rewards offensive play, and makes it more tense.

Yeah, I got one for you. We need to add each other and then I will hook you up.

Sweet! What time would be best for you?

Wait... What!?

You're at G-Rank and you don't know what Frenzy does?

You know, there's a line in the early single player mode that I think is quite apt.

I believe it's the Guildmarm who says something along the lines of

"You should take the time to read through the hunter notes. I know what you're thinking, 'Ugh, READING?', but a proper hunter has knowledge as well as strength"

Say what you will about the dialogue, but it certainly has most of it's audience down pat.

Anyway, to be more helpful, if you get infected with Frenzy, you have until that purple bar fills up to get rid of it. You get rid of it by attacking monsters.

If you're successful in getting rid of it, your attack and affinity goes up (By 30%, I believe) for a while and you become immune to further infection.

Fail to get rid of it, and you lose the ability to naturally heal, you also take crazy damage from frenzy attacks.

You can buy yourself more time with a Nulberry.

I love this status effect, it rewards offensive play, and makes it more tense.

To be honest I never worry about it. If I get infected ( I don't even attempt to dodge the purple stuff on the floor ) then my method of attack or play style doesn't change. If the meter does fill up I simply use some mega potions if need be. It's not as if i'm short on them. :D

Sweet! What time would be best for you?

I start playing at about 17:30-18:00, so anytime after then.

To be honest I never worry about it. If I get infected ( I don't even attempt to dodge the purple stuff on the floor ) then my method of attack or play style doesn't change. If the meter does fill up I simply use some mega potions if need be. It's not as if i'm short on them. :D

@Glen\-i This. It's the same for me, it's never been enough of a negative effect for it to bother me so I'd not looked into what it actually does. Especially seeing as you tend to get rid of it more often than not.

Is no one on this tonight :(

Already been on, mate. Had a couple of hours of hunting and then went off at half 7.

Already been on, mate. Had a couple of hours of hunting and then went off at half 7.

Gutted. I dont get back in from work until then. Never mind.

Capcom have a survey asking if you would like to see the game on another platform.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH4U

Make your voice heard and get this on the Wii U.

Well I've taken the survey but said I'd like the series on PS4 where it'd be at it's best. Sorry.

Well I've taken the survey but said I'd like the series on PS4 where it'd be at it's best. Sorry.

Please understand!!

It did cross my mind that posting this could go badly wrong.

Capcom have a survey asking if you would like to see the game on another platform.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH4U

Make your voice heard and get this on the Wii U.

Does it give you the option to enter text at any point, or is it just a series of radio buttons? If it is possible to leave a message then I'll do the survey just to tell Capcom to fuck right off. :mad:

This game should've been on Wii U to start with, if they reckon I'm gonna buy it again they got another thing coming. :angry:

Does it give you the option to enter text at any point, or is it just a series of radio buttons? If it is possible to leave a message then I'll do the survey just to tell Capcom to fuck right off. :mad:

This game should've been on Wii U to start with, if they reckon I'm gonna buy it again they got another thing coming. :angry:

Yeah there's a text box toward the end.

Ok so I've finished the campaign now, got the Wystones and Battlequarters sorted etc.

Replayed the demo of this earlier and actually managed to enjoy myself this time so after liking that and watching the beginners video that Giant Bomb did I'm kind of tempted to order a copy of the game now.