NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 14th of January

Do you wear glasses? If you don't you should consider wearing them from now on.

I meant amazing as in amazingly fun. But fine if polygons are all that is needed to make a game look good in your opinion that's fine.

I on the other hand see lovely designs, funny characters and a great color palette, meaning I see it as looking lovely.

oh also it will probably please you to know that I actually do wear glasses, pretty strong ones.

Edited by M_rock

I meant amazing as in amazingly fun. But fine if polygons are all that is needed to make a game look good in your opinion that's fine.

I on the other hand see lovely designs, funny characters and a great color palette, meaning I see it as looking lovely.

oh also it will probably please you to know that I actually do wear glasses, pretty strong ones.

It's always best not to argue with Wii once he turns a game's name to involve some sort of synonym for faecal matter. He's quite stubborn

I never said polygons were all that was needed to make a game look good. I don't think that. I just think this game is rough looking. It's probably down to the huge amount of physics going on in the game.

It's always best not to argue with Wii once he turns a game's name to involve some sort of synonym for faecal matter. He's quite stubborn

Said the pot to the kettle. :)

I never said polygons were all that was needed to make a game look good. I don't think that. I just think this game is rough looking. It's probably down to the huge amount of physics going on in the game.

Then maybe you should have posted your completely logical and valid opinion instead of quoting me and questioning my ability of decent vision : peace:

Then maybe you should have posted your completely logical and valid opinion instead of quoting me and questioning my ability of decent vision : peace:

Twas light hearted humour. : peace:

I fucking love how, despite what it says in the subtitles, the Nintendo 2DS wasn't even mentioned in the Monster Hunter segment. Those Japanese get their consoles so cheap (£100 for the New Nintendo 3DS) they don't need no shitty door stop version.

Holy shit, are people still going to deny how shit Xenoblade 3D looks? It hurts my eyes to look at it, it looks like it belongs on the original DS.

Edited by Debug Mode

I fucking love how, despite what it says in the subtitles, the Nintendo 2DS wasn't even mentioned in the Monster Hunter segment. Those Japanese get their consoles so cheap (£100 for the New Nintendo 3DS) they don't need no shitty door stop version.

Holy shit, are people still going to deny how shit Xenoblade 3D looks? It hurts my eyes to look at it, it looks like it belongs on the original DS.

I agree. I don't think the 3D games look great. For me, it'll be the next handheld before the graphics are at an acceptable level.

Is that all it costs in Japan, £100? No wonder it sells by the truckload in Japan. If it was €120, I'd most likely own one too.

240p resolution makes it a tough ask to port the game.

I agree. I don't think the 3D games look great. For me, it'll be the next handheld before the graphics are at an acceptable level.

Is that all it costs in Japan, £100? No wonder it sells by the truckload in Japan. If it was €120, I'd most likely own one too.

Do I need to explain to you the concept of economies again?

Do I need to explain to you the concept of economies again?

No thanks. I don't want to fall asleep. :p

Although their sales tax is a lot lower than ours (8% compared to 20%) it is quite a steep difference.

I'm waiting to see how much retailers charge for the New 3DS first, but although Serebii's economic talk does make sense for us having higher price points, it does not justify in the slightest just how much extra we pay. I am absolutely convinced that the region locking (which only Nintendo engages in now I'll add) is primarily serving the function to secure unfair pricing in certain markets at this point.

Edited by Debug Mode

Then stop making stupid remarks.

No, if I listened to you talk about "concept of economies", now that would be stupid. And how exactly is saying that I'd most likely buy a New 3DS for €120 stupid?

Oh hey an argument! :indeed:

I thought ignore lists were being used here?

Anyway, pretty standard Direct.

Not watched yet as I was at tennis at 2 and only just got in.

Monster Hunter does nothing for me. Not too fussed on the majority of 3DS stuff. Probably the best thing to come out of it for me is the Wii games on Wii U game pad.

That's a feature that should have been there from the start.

But exciting none the less!

Probably the best thing to come out of it for me is the Wii games on Wii U game pad.

That's a feature that should have been there from the start.

But exciting none the less!

I don't think any of the currently announced Wii VC games (Galaxy 2, Punch Out and Prime Trilogy) support it, though.

Unless it also affects Wii Mode, but that's unclear at the moment.

n3DS XL is $199 in the US.

For the UK the XL should be £199 max but more ideal would be £179 and the regular n3ds £149

Wait hang on.

When I loaded up my 3DS then it brought up a notification about the direct and there was a NESS AMIIBO on there.

Is there a Ness amiibo?!

*Salivates.

Wait hang on.

When I loaded up my 3DS then it brought up a notification about the direct and there was a NESS AMIIBO on there.

Is there a Ness amiibo?!

*Salivates.

Yep, part of Smash Bros amiibo Wave 5 in April :)

Monster Games are doing the Xenoblade port? What a waste of a great studio.

I was hoping the Diddy Kong racing rumour was true. Shame they have now been relegated to just doing ports.

To make things even worse, it's really not a great showcase title to display the new capabilities of the hardware. It looks fucking shocking.

I really want to see the real New 3DS exclusive games.

To make things even worse, it's really not a great showcase title to display the new capabilities of the hardware. It looks fucking shocking.

I'm very sceptical of what exclusive games there will be. I don't expect anything major which then sidelines the big non n3ds userbase.

Plus I think games are being developed for the new handheld hardware. It may get some some more wii titles.

Remember its been out for a good few months and still only 1 exclusive title announced which to me tells its own story.

Edited by liger05

Agree with both of these. Almost cried/died (perhaps both) when I saw that. Looks fucking awful and I don't know why they're even bothering doing that...just seems like such a bizarre thing to do.

Not only that, but...I'm getting concerned by X on WiiU. The music for the trailer they used was awful and...I also didn't like the faces of the characters. It took me by surprise with just how...strange they looked. Very jarring.

Not sure what to think now. I was so excited for the game at one point but the more I see of it, the more concerned I feel.

Don't care about the rest of the direct.