NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15 League Sign-ups

How should the league be structured?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How should the league be structured?

• Players registered through their username. Can choose whichever teams
    • Players choose one team throughout the whole league. Can have more than one person being Spurs, etc.
    • Only have one person choosing each team - players registered through team.
    • We select a list of teams that are of a similar ability and select a team at random for each player.
    • Every week, the league selects a rule. E.g. only 3 star teams this week, 5 star the next, etc.

FIFA%2015%20Slide%20Banner.jpg

Ok, folks, I have done my best to sort out the FIFA League for those of us who have put our names down. This is going to be our first attempt and we'll hopefully get some more participants when this first initial league is over with.

Option 3 was the winning choice, so players will choose one team each and stick to that team. We can sort this out later. For now, I have compiled the fixture list in terms of the users who signed up. I can edit this later to include the names of the teams chosen.

1. Matches can and will take place from the beginning of each week starting at 00:01 on Monday and running until midnight on the following Sunday. It is up to both participants to organise it amongst themselves when their match shall take place.

2. If a competitor cannot meet this deadline for whatever reason, they must inform both their fellow competitor AND myself by Saturday at 23:59. This must be done by a form of written communication, so either by posting in this thread and tagging the users involved, Private Messaging or Playstation Message so that we can both see it.

3. Matches will be 7 minutes in length per half. Weather effects will be set to random. The time for each match is 3:00pm/15:00.

4. Both competitors may agree to do a "friendly' match as a warm-up before starting their league match, but it must be made clear by both opponents that this is the case beforehand. It should also be made clear when their match which counts towards the league fixture is starting.

5. The winning competitor will be awarded 3 points and the losing competitor awarded 0. A point will be awarded to both competitors for a draw.

6. Disconnections. More info soon.

The fixture list has been created.

Round 1

lostmario 0 v 1 Sexual Chocolate

Dazzybee 2 v 0 Esequiel

Fierce_LiNk 1 v 3 Drahkon

Round 2

Esequiel 0 v 1 lostmario

Drahkon 4 v 0 Sexual Chocolate

Fierce_LiNk 0 v 3 Dazzybee

Round 3

lostmario 5 v 0 Drahkon

Esequiel 0 v 0 Fierce_LiNk

Sexual Chocolate 4 v 0 Dazzybee

Round 4

Fierce_LiNk 1 v 1 lostmario

Dazzybee 2 v 3 Drahkon

Sexual Chocolate 2 v 0 Esequiel

Round 5

lostmario 2 v 4 Dazzybee

Fierce_LiNk 0 v 1 Sexual Chocolate

Drahkon 1 v 2 Esequiel

Round 6

Sexual Chocolate 3 v 4 lostmario

Esequiel 1 v 2 Dazzybee

Drahkon 2 v 1 Fierce_LiNk

Round 7

lostmario 2 v 3 Esequiel

Sexual Chocolate 1 v 2 Drahkon

Dazzybee 3 v 2 Fierce_LiNk

Round 8

Drahkon 1 v 4 lostmario

Fierce_LiNk P v P Esequiel

Dazzybee 3 v 1 Sexual Chocolate

Round 9

lostmario 1 v 0 Fierce_LiNk

Drahkon v Dazzybee

Esequiel P v P Sexual Chocolate

Round 10

Dazzybee v lostmario

Sexual Chocolate v Fierce_LiNk

Esequiel v Drahkon

@drahkon, I did like your idea of going for 4 star teams or under, so we will discuss the possibility of this for the second league. As there are only 6 competitors, we'll keep it to any team for the meantime.

The teams

Fierce_LiNk - Manchester United

Dazzybee - Tottenham Hotspur

Esequiel - Paris Saint Germain

lostmario - Chelsea

Drahkon - Bayern Munich

Sexual Chocolate - Liverpool

Ok, it's time to sign up for the FIFA 15 League, people!

Post "IN" or show an IN.gif to declare yourselves signed up for the league.

We will draw the fixture list once all of the names have been added to the draw. You will be given a week to organise and take part in your match, with the results being recorded in the league table.

Finally, we also need to decide on the structure of the matches. Below are four options which are going to be added to the poll:

1. We register players in the league through their username. Every week, they are allowed to choose whatever team that they want.

2. We register players in the league through their username, however they choose one team and must stick to that team throughout the league. E.g, Ell, you must always be Chelsea, I must always be Man United (obviously, loooool)

3. We register players in the league through the team that they have chosen and can only have one person choosing each team. E.g, Ell, you are the ONLY person able to choose Chelsea, MadDog is the ONLY one allowed to be Liverpool, etc.

4. We select a list of teams that are of a similar ability and select a team at random for each player. So, I could end up with Arsenal (not likely, cause they have 1star rating, looooool), Lostmario may end up with Borussia Dortmund, etc.

I've also added a new option...option 5.

5. We have a "rule" each week. The rule could be "only 4 star teams allowed", allowing players to choose whichever teams they wanted as long as they comply with this rule. Next week could be "choose a team from the French league" or "5 star teams and below allowed".

My preference would be option 5, as I believe that gives us a range of possibilities. For example, imagine if in week 1 you were only allowed to choose a 3 star team and in week 2 you could choose a 5 star team? Every team would be on an equal level, meaning that the skill of each player determines the winner of the league rather than who choose Real Madrid.

The date for sign-ups will close at 11:59 on Saturday 22nd November.

Of course, I am IN.

IN

Fierce_LiNk

Esequiel

lostmario

Drahkon

Sexual Chocolate

Dazzybee

fifa_zps584c5699.jpg

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

well i want to be in, to the extent that I'm buying a PS4 purely for FIFA nights with NE. However, it's a Christmas gift for Ferret Jnr (the only person in the world who is worse than me at Mario Kart, although he has won 4 GP's to my 1 so even that's debatable) so I want be able to play until then. Does this mean I'll miss out, how long will a season take, can i join the next season and what about playing as a team, is that still happening??????

The date for sign-ups will close at 11:59 on Saturday 15th November.

Deadline was yesterday?

I'm...

YwtF5.gif

The date for sign-ups will close at 11:59 on Saturday 15th November

:blank:

I'm so in!

tumblr_mzonxcAira1rzik3go2_500.gif

well i want to be in, to the extent that I'm buying a PS4 purely for FIFA nights with NE. However, it's a Christmas gift for Ferret Jnr (the only person in the world who is worse than me at Mario Kart, although he has won 4 GP's to my 1 so even that's debatable) so I want be able to play until then. Does this mean I'll miss out, how long will a season take, can i join the next season and what about playing as a team, is that still happening??????

Depending on how many sign-ups we have and the structure of the league, one possibility could be that we include you in the league but simply post-pone all of your matches until you have the PS4 and game. That way you're still included and the league doesn't get held up because you can't play your matches. Could be an option, it'll ultimately depend on the structure of the league.

Deadline was yesterday?

I'm...

YwtF5.gif

:blank:

I'm so in!

tumblr_mzonxcAira1rzik3go2_500.gif

Fuckers. I had my calender open on my computer and even told myself, "DON'T PUT THE 15TH!" I, of course, meant next Saturday. I've amended it.

IN. I'm Spurs!

Can we ban Chelsea, Man city, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern PLEASE!

IN. I'm Spurs!

Can we ban Chelsea, Man city, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern PLEASE!

Yeah, what he said.

Can we ban Spurs, Man city, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern PLEASE

Should just random and then you all have to play a team with that amount of stars that week :D

Should just random and then you all have to play a team with that amount of stars that week :D

What do you mean?

So, if player one chooses a random team and that team is West Ham, the other player needs to choose a team with the same star amount?

In that case, wouldn't option 5 be better? Everybody plays with the same "class" of teams per week, so everybody must choose a 4 star team this week, for example.

I'd much rather be for "players can choose only one 4-star team; have to stick with it 'til the end".

4-star teams aren't too overpowered and there are quite a lot to choose from.

Don't fancy having to play with different teams every week.

I'd much rather be for "players can choose only one 4-star team; have to stick with it 'til the end".

4-star teams aren't too overpowered and there are quite a lot to choose from.

Don't fancy having to play with different teams every week.

I like that idea. 4 star or less teams only and you have stick with that team.

Yes. Spurs are 4 stars aren't they?

How about we do a have June team for a lewgue.

And a random selected stars night cup competition? I like the random aspect and being league two teams, or Mexican teams or whatever. But I also think there's more of a connection when it's one team each!

Yes. Spurs are 4 stars aren't they?

How about we do a have June team for a lewgue.

And a random selected stars night cup competition? I like the random aspect and being league two teams, or Mexican teams or whatever. But I also think there's more of a connection when it's one team each!

Four and a half, brah. Meaning we can't use them if we go with Drahkon's proposal. (also means I can't use United, evaaar)

I don't understand the line that comes afterwards. Throw that iPad out of the window. :heh:

Edit: It also rules out Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton, Atletico Madrid and Bilbao.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Okay. How about just no 5 starred teams :) a Perfect compromise!

Lol, that's not a compromise, that's having your cake and eating it. :laughing: (getting rid of the 5 star teams AND still having your preferred team available).

I knew you'd change your mind about the four star business as soon as you found out Spurs weren't four star. :p

Haha. I'm easy either way really, I do love sours but if I cant I cant.

I know it's a plot, created by you all via pm to sabotage me as you're all scared of Spurs...

Haha. I'm easy either way really, I do love sours but if I cant I cant.

I know it's a plot, created by you all via pm to sabotage me as you're all scared of Spurs...

In fairness, Spurs are pretty good in the game. They're miiiiiiles better than they are in real life. Pochettino could learn a thing or two from it.

4 or 3 star teams only.

3 may be a bit low. Playing with 3 star teams is quite difficult (especially with no assists...yes, I'll be the only one without assists, but I don't want to have to deal with shitty players, too :p)

So, again: 4 star teams! Only one for each participant. No changes!

Shall we just pick who we want, if people are picking barca, Madrid it generally means they are shit anyways.

This is a final call for sign-ups before I sort out of the fixtures tonight.

If there is a tie-break in terms of format (going by the poll at the top), I'll be flipping a coin to go with the winning format. This will be a first attempt at a league, so it in no way means that we won't get a chance to try out other ideas in future (e.g. only 4 star teams, etc).

If anybody wants to join the league but hasn't signed up, please do so now.

Ok, folks, I have done my best to sort out the FIFA League for those of us who have put our names down. This is going to be our first attempt and we'll hopefully get some more participants when this first initial league is over with.

Option 3 was the winning choice, so players will choose one team each and stick to that team. We can sort this out later. For now, I have compiled the fixture list in terms of the users who signed up. I can edit this later to include the names of the teams chosen.

1. Matches can and will take place from the beginning of each week starting at 00:01 on Monday and running until midnight on the following Sunday. It is up to both participants to organise it amongst themselves when their match shall take place.

2. If a competitor cannot meet this deadline for whatever reason, they must inform both their fellow competitor AND myself by Saturday at 23:59. This must be done by a form of written communication, so either by posting in this thread and tagging the users involved, Private Messaging or Playstation Message so that we can both see it.

3. Matches will be 7 minutes in length per half. Weather effects will be set to random. The time for each match is 3:00pm/15:00.

4. Both competitors may agree to do a "friendly' match as a warm-up before starting their league match, but it must be made clear by both opponents that this is the case beforehand. It should also be made clear when their match which counts towards the league fixture is starting.

5. The winning competitor will be awarded 3 points and the losing competitor awarded 0. A point will be awarded to both competitors for a draw.

6. Disconnections. More info soon.

The fixture list has been created.

Round 1

lostmario v Sexual Chocolate

Dazzybee v Esequiel

Fierce_LiNk v Drahkon

Round 2

Esequiel v lostmario

Drahkon v Sexual Chocolate

Fierce_LiNk v Dazzybee

Round 3

lostmario v Drahkon

Esequiel v Fierce_LiNk

Sexual Chocolate v Dazzybee

Round 4

Fierce_LiNk v lostmario

Dazzybee v Drahkon

Sexual Chocolate v Esequiel

Round 5

lostmario v Dazzybee

Fierce_LiNk v Sexual Chocolate

Drahkon v Esequiel

Round 6

Sexual Chocolate v lostmario

Esequiel v Dazzybee

Drahkon v Fierce_LiNk

Round 7

lostmario v Esequiel

Sexual Chocolate v Drahkon

Dazzybee v Fierce_LiNk

Round 8

Drahkon v lostmario

Fierce_LiNk v Esequiel

Dazzybee v Sexual Chocolate

Round 9

lostmario v Fierce_LiNk

Drahkon v Dazzybee

Esequiel v Sexual Chocolate

Round 10

Dazzybee v lostmario

Sexual Chocolate v Fierce_LiNk

Esequiel v Drahkon

@drahkon, I did like your idea of going for 4 star teams or under, so we will discuss the possibility of this for the second league. As there are only 6 competitors, we'll keep it to any team for the meantime.

Sign in to follow this