NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

My day at Gamescom

Yesterday, little drahkon went to Gamescom. : peace:

Before I start: I haven't taken pictures of booths and gameplay footage. I figured there was no need as there are higher quality pictures/videos available online anyway :)

It was a good day. But there were soooo many people :laughing: Didn't get to try the big games because I didn't want to queue up for 2 hours. :p

However, I've seen a lot of footage on huge screens which was awesome. The current gen is shaping up to be a beautiful thing.

Quantum Break was very, VERY pretty.

And seeing that Rime trailer on a big screen. HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Nintendo's showfloor was ridiculous. Too few places to try games, and really nothing new...

Wasn't amiibo supposed to be something big for the future? They had a small cabinet built into a wall which displayed 10 figures. And above the cabinet "amiibo" could be read. Nothing more, nothing special. I asked three people that worked there if they could tell me something about it...they had no idea :laughing:

But look at the Villager...fucking psycho.

72qMcbB.jpg

Splatoon was not my cup of tea. Judging from some people who gave it a try, I was not alone. There were, however, gamers who enjoyed it :)

Hyrule Warriors looked...meh, to be honest. Yes, fanservice par excellence, but the gameplay - just as the Dynasty Warriors - was repetitive, boring and too easy.

So...not impressed with Nintendo's presence. But Smash Bros looked absolutely amazing - as expected. :)

Now that the Nintendo hate is out of the way (:p), let's talk about something I had the honor to experience.

21ncrdp.jpg

I came across the Project Morpheus booth and saw that sign. :( I decided to stay a bit and just watch as people were able to put on the VR Headset and play around.

While I was watching, a young lady who worked there smiled at me and came closer. She asked: "Hey, you want to give this a try?"

I couldn't even. OF COURSE!

Behold!

9iElt7Y.jpg

LmRAClB.jpg

With the move controllers I could beat the shit out of an armor. I was even able to pick up swords and a flail. :laughing:

HHFIpxj.jpg

SeVGmG9.jpg

The crossbow of dooooooom:

vAScewS.jpg

At the end of the demo, a dragon descended from the heavens and...ATE ME.

EIFmUhB.jpg

jocdPjs.jpg

Scary :D And mighty impressive : peace: The headset was also incredibly light, which surprised me.

The two ladies who went with me to Gamescom played Little Big Planet 3. They had so much fun. I think I'll buy it :D

No photo of the game, but look at this:

p4mQ1w9.jpg

Cute, aren't they? sorry, no pictures of the ladies :p

I've seen people play Journey and actually observed some of them (their age ranged from 16-40 - I guess, at least)...their eyes showed pure disbelief. :laughing: I asked a couple of them how they found it.

Pretty much everybody said: "Amazing, will definitely give this a go when it's released."

I then gave them the advice to play the game in one go without any distraction. They are in for a treat. : peace:

It was a great day. Had a lot of fun. :) Will definitely go there again next year. :yay:

AW37z6T.jpg

Yeah :p

gCkVWVy.jpg

Can't believe I got the chance to play the Asteroids arcade game. I was born too late to be part of that generation :(

Also...@Daft will be glad to hear: Driveclub looks SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Edited by drahkon

And post of the year goes to @drahkon!!

Really glad to hear about Drive Club. You get a chance to go hands on with it?

That Sackboy has terrifyingly human proportions.

Anyway, was a great read and ace pics!

Thanks guys :)

lol, lit up like a Christmas tree.

:laughing:

It actually looked cool seeing others with all the lights. So futuristic. :D

Really glad to hear about Drive Club. You get a chance to go hands on with it?

I could have. But I was thinking whether I should try the game in this open space with people and 10 more screens next to me and the pumping music and noises of the other booths or savor Driveclub at home with my sound system when it's released. :)

So I decided against it, sorry :p

But judging from what I saw: It seemed to play really, really well.

And dem graphics. DEM GRAPHICS, BRAH.

Edit: Just to tease you a bit...I took 3 pictures of the Driveclub-area.

Dh7Oan7.jpg

oAcx8uS.jpg

CwFHVSO.jpg

What I forgot to mention: Had a chance to try The Unfinished Swan. Never played it before. I fell in love with it.

A little kid watched me play. I noticed him quite late as I was so absorbed. :D His faced had the biggest smile I've ever seen :laughing: I passed him the controller, explained him how all this worked and he just went ahead and explored the world.

He seemed to really enjoy it :)

Edited by drahkon

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at going next year (presumably it will be in Cologne again).

Nice work drahkon!

Villager looks like he's calling Pit a wanker behind his back. Now I'm totally imagining villager has some gruff londoner voice, ray winstone style.

Sign in to follow this