Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Retro_Link

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got a boxed copy!

image_zpsl2d0ca6q.jpg

When did Nintendo start doing this for downloads?! Or is it just for this game?

I think it's pretty neat.

It kinda defeats the object of having a download as they're purpose is generally to remove the need for boxes and game storage.

But I like it!

: peace:

It kinda defeats the object of having a download as they're purpose is generally to remove the need for boxes and game storage.

But I like it!

This is the first and I'm not a fan. It's self defeating and it's possibly making you pay for another version you don't want.

This is the first and I'm not a fan. It's self defeating and it's possibly making you pay for another version you don't want.

You don't have to nitpick issues with everything Nintendo does. Lighten up. No one's forcing anyone to pay anything.

Well thankfully you can just choose not to buy it if it's not your thing. :)

That's the same with any game. Perhaps I wasn't clear, it's self defeating in the sense of it could help protect the environment by just being a download code online but to print a case just to give you a slip of paper well do I really have to explain that? If you look at the eShop it says it'll give you a free code for the version on the other platform. Do you believe that? I think Nintendo factored it into price. I know sometimes Nintendo give free games, the MK8 was the clear best promotion. I've gone from a near Serebii to being very disillusioned and skeptical of Nintendo. It's an accumulation of decisions over the years. It's like Reggie, it was his birthday yesterday. I liked him at the start but I absolutely despise him now. It's all the lies, bluffing and deflection. It comes in wavess but I'm angry at Nintendo atm. They're a company with endless possibilities but they're hampered by poor decisions.

But I like it!

Been doing it in Europe for a while. Nintendo Pocket Football Club and a double pack of Mario VS Donkey Kong Minis on the Move & Mario VS Donkey Kong Minis March Again came out late last year

That's the same with any game. Perhaps I wasn't clear, it's self defeating in the sense of it could help protect the environment by just being a download code online but to print a case just to give you a slip of paper well do I really have to explain that? If you look at the eShop it says it'll give you a free code for the version on the other platform. Do you believe that? I think Nintendo factored it into price. I know sometimes Nintendo give free games, the MK8 was the clear best promotion. I've gone from a near Serebii to being very disillusioned and skeptical of Nintendo. It's an accumulation of decisions over the years. It's like Reggie, it was his birthday yesterday. I liked him at the start but I absolutely despise him now. It's all the lies, bluffing and deflection. It comes in wavess but I'm angry at Nintendo atm. They're a company with endless possibilities but they're hampered by poor decisions.

Ok, then stop shitting up every thread with it. Some people want to talk about the games without pointless "Waaaaaaaaaaaa Nintendo sucks" crapping up every bloody thread.

We get it, you're not happy, but we don't need to see it in every one of your posts. We don't need you to go on about "Captain Turd" and how Nintendo messed up this game by giving it retail presence. Save it for when these things actually come up, don't just come in and crap up everything.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

My opinion's as valid as yours. Just because you lick Nintendo's @$$ at every opportunity even when you're/they're wrong but you know what? That's your prerogative to do as you please even though it riles as many if not more people. Why do you think people disagree with you on a near daily basis? I don't need to crap up everything as you put it, Nintendo have done a good enough job at that themselves and the recent Wii U releases back that up including this game.

My opinion's as valid as yours. Just because you lick Nintendo's @$$ at every opportunity even when you're/they're wrong but you know what? That's your prerogative to do as you please even though it riles as many if not more people. Why do you think people disagree with you on a near daily basis? I don't need to crap up everything as you put it, Nintendo have done a good enough job at that themselves and the recent Wii U releases back that up including this game.

I never said they weren't valid, just that it's crapping up the forum because you're shoving it in every thread. Keep it to threads where it's logical, stop crapping up game threads with it.

Every thread? Wrong again Serebii. Last 3 posts in the Top Gear discussion, Xenoblade Chronicles X thread and the Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains thread disagree with you. I don't complain in the Xenoblade Chronicles X thread, why, because I don't need to. It's not a lazy, half @rsed effort. It's the complete opposite of a game like Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. This game deserves flack.

Every thread? Wrong again Serebii. Last 3 posts in the Top Gear discussion, Xenoblade Chronicles X thread and the Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains thread disagree with you. I don't complain in the Xenoblade Chronicles X thread, why, because I don't need to. It's not a lazy, half @rsed effort. It's the complete opposite of a game like Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. This game deserves flack.

You haven't played it. Those who have played it enjoy it. It's the same situation as per Captain Toad where you just come in to crap up the thread just because it doesn't interest you.

You know what I do with threads about games that don't interest me? I don't post in them. You should do the same.

I got another couple of levels done before going to bed last night. I really love the music in the game. Any time Nintendo use their classic tunes I instantly get a rush of nostalgia. The Super Mario Bros. 2 music in the first world...:heart:

I really like the music in the Peach's Castle locale. It's so serene and relaxing

It's not a lazy, half @rsed effort. It's the complete opposite of a game like Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. This game deserves flack.

Why does this deserve flak? It does exactly what it sets out to do. It's not advertised as a big, epic, AAA game. It's a downloadable game that is more of the same as before. I find these games fun and they have a great pick up and play value.

You haven't played it. Those who have played it enjoy it. It's the same situation as per Captain Toad where you just come in to crap up the thread just because it doesn't interest you.

You know what I do with threads about games that don't interest me? I don't post in them. You should do the same.

Telling people what to do again, no surprise there. No I haven't played it but that's what reviews and hands on impressions are for. I've said before that I've owned and played these previously, the last game being on the DS. This doesn't look any different apart from the level editor stuff. There's a reason it's reviewing poorly. Did you see the Japanese sales I posted yesterday? BOMBED. Why?

Why does this deserve flak? It does exactly what it sets out to do. It's not advertised as a big, epic, AAA game. It's a downloadable game that is more of the same as before. I find these games fun and they have a great pick up and play value.

Plus it was developed by Nintendo STL in North America, not by EAD so it's not like it diverted EAD efforts.

We need to stop engaging him really :/

Have you made any levels yet?

Telling people what to do again, no surprise there. No I haven't played it but that's what reviews and hands on impressions are for. I've said before that I've owned and played these previously, the last game being on the DS. This doesn't look any different apart from the level editor stuff. There's a reason it's reviewing poorly. Did you see the Japanese sales I posted yesterday? BOMBED. Why?

It's not reviewing poorly. Its average reviews are around the 7 mark. You do realise that 7 means good, right? Not bad. It's not a bad game. It's not an amazing game, but it's a good fun game and that's the opinion of practically every reviewer.

Japanese sales are also irrelevant. This is a download title, not a retail one. It has a retail presence, sure, but most of the sales will be direct downloads which aren't counted.

Get over yourself. You're acting like an idiot.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Completely echo what H-o-T says.

It is a lower cost release on the eShop that people will really enjoy playing. I intend to pick it up at some point as I played the last game and I enjoyed it.

I think Xenoblade looks rubbish (to me) as it isn' my type of game. It'd bore me senseless. Guess how may times I've gone into that thread to vent how much I don't like the look of it? None.

There's nothing stopping anyone posting anything on here, but I just don't see what benefit it brings to claim something is shit without playing it. It's not doing you any favours.

Plus it was developed by Nintendo STL in North America, not by EAD so it's not like it diverted EAD efforts.

We need to stop engaging him really :/

Have you made any levels yet?

It's not reviewing poorly. Its average reviews are around the 7 mark. You do realise that 7 means good, right? Not bad. It's not a bad game. It's not an amazing game, but it's a good fun game and that's the opinion of practically every reviewer.

Japanese sales are also irrelevant. This is a download title, not a retail one. It has a retail presence, sure, but most of the sales will be direct downloads which aren't counted.

Get over yourself. You're acting like an idiot.

I don't call 7 good, to me that's just above average. You need to read more reviews.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars-review/1900-6416048/

I've read the reviews and they all say it's basically more of the same and that's what I see in the videos.

Completely echo what H-o-T says.

It is a lower cost release on the eShop that people will really enjoy playing. I intend to pick it up at some point as I played the last game and I enjoyed it.

I think Xenoblade looks rubbish (to me) as it isn' my type of game. It'd bore me senseless. Guess how may times I've gone into that thread to vent how much I don't like the look of it? None.

There's nothing stopping anyone posting anything on here, but I just don't see what benefit it brings to claim something is shit without playing it. It's not doing you any favours.

That's fair enough, it's not your cup of tea but at least Xenoblade X is trying something new and it's not lazy.

If Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars was just a Wii U release and didn't force me to buy the 3DS version then I might be tempted for €5-8. Let's not pretend Nintendo are giving us a free version for either platform. And another thing the 2 games don't share the same save data. That's some real good cross platforming right there.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I don't call 7 good, to me that's just above average. You need to read more reviews.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars-review/1900-6416048/

I've read the reviews and they all say it's basically more of the same and that's what I see in the videos.

Even by your logic, you're calling it "above average" which is still not bad, yet you're crapping up this thread and crapping on this game like crazy.

Nice that you also go to the lowest review you could find, ignoring the dozens of other ones that are more positive.

Just drop it.

Well said. One day Wii will grow up, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Got this site is draining sometimes... I understand some shit nintendo and the wii u get, but slagging off this game, and new remix, and toad, and kirby etc... they are what they are, fun smaller releases with prices to match (except this actually :) ), I love games like this, is there really anything to complain about? If there aren't enough "big" games for you then moan in the wii u thread, but don't slag these smaller games off in every individual thread for being exactly what they are!

I started this last night, and yeah, love it, I'm a bit of a puzzle game obsessive anyway, but this is good. Looking forward to trying peoples levels and creating a few of my own!

Got this site is draining sometimes... I understand some shit nintendo and the wii u get, but slagging off this game, and new remix, and toad, and kirby etc... they are what they are, fun smaller releases with prices to match (except this actually :) ), I love games like this, is there really anything to complain about? If there aren't enough "big" games for you then moan in the wii u thread, but don't slag these smaller games off in every individual thread for being exactly what they are!

I started this last night, and yeah, love it, I'm a bit of a puzzle game obsessive anyway, but this is good. Looking forward to trying peoples levels and creating a few of my own!

Have you made any stages yet??

I'm really enjoying playing some of the stages that people make. Here's mine

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhkSFvlEQ

You have me on your friend list, right? You won't have to find me on Miiverse to get to the stage if so

Even by your logic, you're calling it "above average" which is still not bad, yet you're crapping up this thread and crapping on this game like crazy.

Nice that you also go to the lowest review you could find, ignoring the dozens of other ones that are more positive.

Just drop it.

Get real Serebii. Dozens of positive reviews? Lies. The Wii U version has 8 positive reviews and 15 mixed reviews. The 3DS version has 7 positive reviews and 6 mixed reviews. Where's the "dozens" of "positive" reviews? There were other negative reviews I could have chosen. Destructoid though it gives it the same score is more damning in its appraisal. I'm not singing this games praises so I'm hardly going to choose a positive review.

Have you made any stages yet??

I'm really enjoying playing some of the stages that people make. Here's mine

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhkSFvlEQ

You have me on your friend list, right? You won't have to find me on Miiverse to get to the stage if so

Not yet, I literally just played a few last night to get started on it. I'll definitely check yours out (we're definitely friends)