NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy Type 0 HD

What is that you don't like? The combat? The story? The world map? There are so many things the game does different than the rest :) I like it though. Finished chapter 6 yesterday and may complete it over the weekend.

You tried the demo yet? I tried to download it yesterday but it wouldn't work. Tried again before setting off to work this morning and it started to download.

I'm looking forward to a good session on Type 0 and giving the FFXV demo a go over the weekend.

Just came home and it's currently downloading.

What is that you don't like? The combat? The story? The world map? There are so many things the game does different than the rest :) I like it though. Finished chapter 6 yesterday and may complete it over the weekend.

Im not entirely sold on the combat yet, feels a bit clunky at times and the story Im mostly just confused. I feel like I was just dropped into the middle of something and have no idea whats going on.

Put 3 hours into the game this morning and really enjoy what I've played so far. The music is especially good in the game. Having the main FF theme play while you walk around your headquarters is so relaxing.

I quite like the mission structure that they have going on. It allows you to faff around and do sidequests and then jump back in to the main game when you're ready.

Dat opening cutscene though.:bowdown:

Platinum GET!

Really enjoyed this game and glad I finally got to play it. I was one of those who was hoping it would get released over here on the PSP, so for it to finally arrive on these shores and on a console pleased me greatly.

Firstly, the bad stuff. Some of the voice acting is terrible, like really bad. I dunno if it's the way the characters are wrote, the delivery or maybe just both.

You can tell it was a PSP game due to the structure of the missions. Many of them are just corridors or streets with a few enemies scattered about.

The story was really good at the start but in true S-E fashion things get a bit weird at the end and I would have preferred it to stay grounded and concentrate on the political side of things.

Now the good stuff. The soundtrack is amazing, not just the new music but remixed songs of classic Final Fantasy tunes as well. One of the best soundtracks for a JRPG that I've heard in a while.

Some of the characters I absolutely loved. I also enjoyed the variety that each of them brings to the game. I often favoured the ones that could do long range attacks with guns or playing cards. I loved Ace! It felt like I was playing as Gambit through the game. :D

Some of the classic nods to other FF games like FFVI and especially FFV were done amazingly well. The FFV reference gave me such a huge smile and the event and how they fit it into the game was fantastic.

S-E had me in tears at the end again. I think that's the 5th game they've made that has brought me to tears. Well played, S-E.

Congrats :) Are you going to play through it again? Appearently there are new cutscenes and the story changes significantly in the 2nd playthrough and the 3rd playthrough has a secret boss and spesial ending.

Just started chapter 8 myself.

Congrats :) Are you going to play through it again? Appearently there are new cutscenes and the story changes significantly in the 2nd playthrough and the 3rd playthrough has a secret boss and spesial ending.

Just started chapter 8 myself.

Probably not. I've nabbed all the trophies and the ending I got was satisfying enough to leave the game at where it is.

That's too bad. I have to say, the game is great, but the trophy list is quite disappointing. 90% of the trophies can be classified as miscellaneous and the rest are story related. A game that was made to explore, discover and to be played multiple times has no trophies for it, aside from the airship

Who were your mains? I quickly gave up on levelling them all, and stuck with Rem, Queen and Deuce.

That's too bad. I have to say, the game is great, but the trophy list is quite disappointing. 90% of the trophies can be classified as miscellaneous and the rest are story related. A game that was made to explore, discover and to be played multiple times has no trophies for it, aside from the airship

Who were your mains? I quickly gave up on levelling them all, and stuck with Rem, Queen and Deuce.

My main was Ace and then I went all Team Panty shot and used Queen, Seven and the chick with the gun whose name escapes me at the moment.

I hate that last chapter so much. I'm not sure I even want to complete the game now.

I hate that last chapter so much. I'm not sure I even want to complete the game now.

It really punishes you if you haven't levelled more than a couple of characters up. The trail rooms can really break you if you're not set up right. I personally found them to be very cheap.

I'm considering picking this up when I'm finally done with Dragon Age. Seems to have that "real time combat" which is like Crisis Core which is the only FF I've ever put a decent amount of time into.

I'm considering picking this up when I'm finally done with Dragon Age. Seems to have that "real time combat" which is like Crisis Core which is the only FF I've ever put a decent amount of time into.

Yeah, it feels very much like Crisis Core ( cracking game ). It's very fast and fluid, especially if you use a melee user.

Yeah, it feels very much like Crisis Core ( cracking game ). It's very fast and fluid, especially if you use a melee user.

What's the grind like? I remember having an issue with Crisis Core where I basically got to the end and was no where near strong enough.

What's the grind like? I remember having an issue with Crisis Core where I basically got to the end and was no where near strong enough.

Stupidly easy thanks to an exploit that allows you to level up your character crazy fast by altering your system date. If you choose to do it you can level up to level 99 in about half an hour.

Stupidly easy thanks to an exploit that allows you to level up your character crazy fast by altering your system date. If you choose to do it you can level up to level 99 in about half an hour.

WTF?! That was not the answer I was expecting at all! Good to know though I suppose.

WTF?! That was not the answer I was expecting at all! Good to know though I suppose.

Yeah, it's a crazy trick but one that's really in the game anyway.

At the start of chapter 2 you open you an arena. There's a guy there who you speak to and he will send your character on a training mission. This saves and exits the game. Its to allow you to gain exp while not playing. The trick is to just alter your console clock and move it forward by 3 days. This will net you enough exp to level up 3 times. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Even without the exploit it's a nice little system to stop you from having to grind your levels.

Yeah, it's a crazy trick but one that's really in the game anyway.

At the start of chapter 2 you open you an arena. There's a guy there who you speak to and he will send your character on a training mission. This saves and exits the game. Its to allow you to gain exp while not playing. The trick is to just alter your console clock and move it forward by 3 days. This will net you enough exp to level up 3 times. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Even without the exploit it's a nice little system to stop you from having to grind your levels.

yeah I really like the sound of it even without the glitch. I've really ramped up on Dragon Age so I definitely think this is gonna get picked up soon.

This is less than £20 at ShopTo... so I finally bought it, onto the backlog it goes. :indeed:

Being that I've got most of the Final Fantasy games either to play for the first time or experience again, would anyone say that this would be a good title to play first in order to get into the "spirit" of playing FF games, even though it's structurally different from most of the titles?

This is less than £20 at ShopTo... so I finally bought it, onto the backlog it goes. :indeed:

Being that I've got most of the Final Fantasy games either to play for the first time or experience again, would anyone say that this would be a good title to play first in order to get into the "spirit" of playing FF games, even though it's structurally different from most of the titles?

What WAS the last one you played may affect the experience. It's been a looooong time for me, though. Don't know how to get back I'm that far behind...(and I REEEEEEALLY want to play FFXV). When it was still running mainline releases, the last one was IX. Of course I've played remakes/spinoffs since then (I think my ACTUAL last one I played was Final Fantasy I&II Advance). i rememer when my entire life used to revolve around RPGs, when I finished one it was always "right, onto the next one!"

What WAS the last one you played may affect the experience. It's been a looooong time for me, though. Don't know how to get back I'm that far behind...(and I REEEEEEALLY want to play FFXV). When it was still running mainline releases, the last one was IX. Of course I've played remakes/spinoffs since then (I think my ACTUAL last one I played was Final Fantasy I&II Advance). i rememer when my entire life used to revolve around RPGs, when I finished one it was always "right, onto the next one!"

Amusingly enough I think my last game I played was also a remake of Final Fantasy I&II but on the original Playstation, this is when I owned all of the anthologies but then later sold them for a very good price, now I mostly just own them digitally aside from the very newest games in the series.

I've also dabbled in VI, VII & VIII but never to completion... I'm a bad person. :indeed:

That's a different game.

...D'OH!

I thought I heard somewhere this turned into that. Haven't been arsed to search but is there a FFXV topic somewhere near?