N-Europe

Do you ever wish you were Link?

Just recalling a school boy conversation I had with another Zelda enthusiast.

Would you ever want to be Link?

What Zelda experiences or moments would you like to revisit as Link?

Why wouldn't you want to be Link?

I remember my friend stating he wouldn't want to live through the Shadow Temple, particularly with the invisible platforms and the leaps of faith.

I would love to just kick back in Zora's Domain in young Link's days, chilling playing ma Ocarina.

Wouldn't want to live through the heat of the Fire Temple and the Volvagia battle.

(Childish but a walk down memory lane topic)

In the sense that Link (not a specific Link) is the sort of guy who doesn't back away from menacing fights, figures out the enemies' weakness on the fly (even when his enemy is an evil warlock with divine powers and no discernible weakness whatsoever), and he often does this for a selfless purpose... Yeah, he's an admirable guy, nothing wrong with wanting to be the sort of person other people look up to.

In the sense of slaying monsters, or more specific moments, hell yeah, who doesn't want to kill a dragon? :heh: Who doesn't want to wield magical artifacts, explore places untouched by man for centuries?

I'd say creepy places like the Shadow Temple would be made unpleasant not by invisible platforms (that you can see anyway), but by the stench from the corpses, blood and bones. And god knows about Jabu Jabu's Belly.

But really, they're still bizarre, alien places, so suffering through that would still count as a lifetime experience in and of itself.

But I wouldn't want to be Link in the sense that he's a warrior that probably won't constitute a family or a household.

In the sense that Link (not a specific Link) is the sort of guy who doesn't back away from menacing fights, figures out the enemies' weakness on the fly (even when his enemy is an evil warlock with divine powers and no discernible weakness whatsoever), and he often does this for a selfless purpose... Yeah, he's an admirable guy, nothing wrong with wanting to be the sort of person other people look up to.

In the sense of slaying monsters, or more specific moments, hell yeah, who doesn't want to kill a dragon? :heh: Who doesn't want to wield magical artifacts, explore places untouched by man for centuries?

I'd say creepy places like the Shadow Temple would be made unpleasant not by invisible platforms (that you can see anyway), but by the stench from the corpses, blood and bones. And god knows about Jabu Jabu's Belly.

But really, they're still bizarre, alien places, so suffering through that would still count as a lifetime experience in and of itself.

But I wouldn't want to be Link in the sense that he's a warrior that probably won't constitute a family or a household.

Very nice post - ahh its blissful remembering those old Zelda moments.

An always orphan mute who is forced to go through hell and back to save the world, taking special consideration for the well being of a princess, just to remain a homeless, unappreciated, dirt poor virgin in the friend zone at the end of the day?

Sounds like an unspecified ring of hell to me.

An always orphan mute who is forced to go through hell and back to save the world, taking special consideration for the well being of a princess, just to remain a homeless, unappreciated, dirt poor virgin in the friend zone at the end of the day?

Sounds like an unspecified ring of hell to me.

Maybe Zelda wasn't into it but you and I both know every female between Death Mountain and Lake Hylia was desperate to ride him like Epona at a five-carrot-tilt.

Mute? I think not my friend!

Link talks through conversation options:

Even directly!

Sometimes with sound:

Come on!

And he meows

Hmmm, wonder then why people always get their drawers in a twist when someone mentions voice acting for future Zelda games.

No, seriously, I get your point. And I don't want Link to speak (only everyone else).