N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 30: The End of History, The Era of One Champion

Haden

got your pm, I do love a footie manager game, so up for joining. I know literally nothing about this game, so will research. When does the new season begin?

Ok, so currently we're in season 30 so our format has changed from a league system of 3 divisions of 10, to a champions league format where we have a cup at the end of the season. Next season will be back to normal so it will be one full season of matches (usually about 2 months or less) and afterwards we normally arrange a friendly cup which doesn't count as part of the season.

First thing to do is to join the league using this link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

Create a new team and I'll approve it, then you can start building your team. Once you have your team I'll post again about how you should think about development.

The current season will end on the 13th of April so that's plenty of time for you to get started. There's usually an automated match against the system so you can see how they work. At it's most basic it's a rock-paper-scissors contest against your opponent but you soon learn it's much deeper than that :p

With regards to team building, there is an important rule to remember for matches. Average age affects your team's performance. When you select your line up, it will show you the average age of your team for each position and overall. You want it to be between 25-30 for the best performance. Anything below or above that will result in a decrease in performance (relative to how far below or above you are).

So you want a good mix of older and younger players in each position. The average line to follow is age 18, skill 4. An 18-5 player is above average but you can still find them cheap in the transfer market. So the youths you bring in should follow that line or go beyond it. You should try to keep as many of your original team as possible as you won't have as much money. If you have some 26-8s, you can use them to develop your youths as they'll push the average age up... possibly getting ahead of things here anyway.

Sorry for this messy ramble of a post. If you create a team so you can see the layout of the squad and tactics pages, it'll make a little more sense. Once you have your team I will do an actual beginner's post for you which will hopefully be a bit tidier and easier to follow!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok about the cup then...

there will be 12 teams that don't make it to the champions league cup, I'm guessing Cube won't be taking part though but clownferret may take his place. If we have 12 teams it will mean 8 teams playing in the first round and 4 byes. There would be 4 rounds which would perfectly match the season.

If you want to take part in the friendly cup, please let me know in this thread, via PM, or by a comment on the press release on Xpert.

Spotlight Standings

The spotlight today was a bonus round where all managers who received 5 star ratings would earn a point. The winners are: Hadens Legends, Eights United and AC Elites.

Someone has pointed out to me that there are obviously 4 teams that had no games today which is something I overlooked so apologies to those teams - if you get 5 star ratings in your next game I will give you a point (teams are: Rossers Rovers, Cubic County, bob and Kippen FC)

Standings:

Hadens Legends: 3

Bob: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

Eights United: 1

AC Elites: 1

Spotlight Standings

The spotlight today was a bonus round where all managers who received 5 star ratings would earn a point. The winners are: Hadens Legends, Eights United and AC Elites.

Someone has pointed out to me that there are obviously 4 teams that had no games today which is something I overlooked so apologies to those teams - if you get 5 star ratings in your next game I will give you a point (teams are: Rossers Rovers, Cubic County, bob and Kippen FC)

Standings:

Hadens Legends: 3

Bob: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

Eights United: 1

AC Elites: 1

Really liked this little challenge good idea!

What are your thoughts about league structure Peeps? 9-9-9 seems very doable with just one team left to get if things get desperate you could always see if one of the old teams would get picked up like Rovers did.

Dan dont worry I will do all reports this week I take it as a challenge!

Nice win against Dedede today although it was obvious he was playing a weakened side. We have found our form again and I am confident we will get 2nd place ahead of the Gardeners. Leeds vs Kippen is insane now lol that will be one to watch!

Slowly but surely my team is resembling Arsenal I am sure.

A defence that has improved leaps and bounds from last season.

A midfield stacked with young creative midfielders who have sustained a few injuries down the road.

A lone striker who is on fire but with no real credible backups.

And the feeling that we can hang around at the top but are not quite ready to win.

We also won the cup this season!

Edited by Haden

Looks like we're through to the knockout round which is great, hopefully we can nick top spot.

As for next season I wouldn't mind seeing a 14-13 format or a super 27 league, though maybe it'll have to wait until season 40 :heh:

I have no friends :(

Been inactive on here lately. I like the set up of this cup but it looks so unfair for newbies/ weaker teams. I hope teams like ReZ stick around even though he keeps losing.

You're on the dating scene again though what better way to impress a date by telling them about how you play bruise, long balls with dirty trix and are keen on man to man marking.

After you have told her that then invite her to this online thread filled exclusively with male members I guarantee you will get a strong reaction.

Not a fan of getting beaten every week :/

I think that has been the real down side of this format it has been hell for new teams.

Try and keep your form up how are your dev values doing? Next season will be a normal league I am sure you will do great, is there any part of the game you are struggling with?