NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 30: The End of History, The Era of One Champion

Eights vs Yellow 3-3 Goes to Penalties

DuD vs Inter 0-0 Goes to Penalties

I am speaking in jest but Inter DuD is like the battle of the best defences while Eights and Yellow has to be a high scoring affair even though their track record says not.

Damn close game between myself and bob, well done for getting through. Anyone up for a friendly on Tuesday?

Edit: I see Kippen has already put the invite out, accepted. Best of luck.

Mass invite, cheers for accepting.

Round 1 Match Reports

The Familia FC 1-1 Eights United (Eights United win 5-4 on pens)

52916662.jpg

Out of all the games the crowd at this one had the most unique experience with the only penalty shootout occurring during this tie. The Familia lined up with a 5-3-2 formation against Eights United who stayed with their favoured 3-5-2. The Familia came steaming out the blocks as Kingston hit in a stunning long range shot to make it 1-0. However Capwell soon hit back with a curling shot of his own to level the scores. Not much happened in the 2nd half as both teams seemed to be unable to break each other down. Extra time came and went with Eights unable to break down a fantastic Familia defence. The dreaded shootout began and Familia goalie Jerimo scored first and the penalties kept going in until Kingston who had scored in open play skied his penalty to the dismay of his fans. Eights United players made no mistakes with Jerimo unable to make a save United went through, Familia players straight away went to support Kingston who had scored the goal that got them in the shootout but couldn't score in it. A close game that nearly produced a shocking result.

Lylat Wanderers 0-1 Winston Garden Lions

becks.jpeg

Wanderers and Lions met in a match with lots of chances that saw the Lions just edge this game. It started at quite a quiet pace as forward Ingham for the Lions was subbed with a mild injury and Coren after half time was also taken off to the dismay of the Lions manager. The pace quickened and the 3-5-2 of the Lions began to edge the 4-5-1 that Wanderers had chosen. The breakthrough looked to have come when subbed attacked Benmouih headed a goal home but it was disallowed for a push. On the 85th minute the defender Lilywhite stuck his leg out and was booked for a poor challenge. The captain Goodison stepped up to take the free kick after missing several others it looked like this game would go into injury time. However he pinged this one in leaving the goalie with no chance and sending the Lions into the last 8 and the top league of Xpert! A good game with Lions clearly deserving to win this one but Wanderers making them earn it.

RFC 0-3 AC Elites

165107043.jpg

In what many thought would be a marquee tie this ended up being a came that was won by a team with cool heads. The Elites lined up in a 4-4-2 formation against the 3-5-2 of RFC, this structured approach allowed them to put on immediate pressure as they earned a corner that the captain Bodin tapped in. The 1st half saw both teams go at each other but the Elites defence was outstanding and looked like it wouldn't concede in 180 minutes never mind 90. While it was 1-0 there was always a chance RFC could take this to extra time but a late penalty that was converted by the captain Bodin finished the game off. Freund added a cherry on top of this performance as Bodin held onto the ball before passing it to a sprinting Freund who curled a long shot into the top corner. Bodin and Freund were outstanding today but the Elites defence were the real winners. A more workmanlike affair than we expected.

Leeds M.O.T 0-2 Silverdale Salmon

Arsenal-v-Fulham-7.png

This was always going to be a hard game for Leeds after their heroics in their group they ended up with a really hard draw against former champions Silverdale. They lined up playing 4-4-2 but Silverdale with 4-5-1 dominated the chances made 10-2 achieving a better link up between their players. However it was not all plain sailing Silverdales goalie was injured straight away and was subbed by a youth prospect as well as this four Silverdale players earned yellow cards making for some very nervy moments later in the game. However the difference was da Luz, Woodlands the Leeds captain tried to organise his defence to pick up the runs form midfield but with 5 Silverdale midfielders they lost da Luz twice and twice he pounced in the penalty box for the vital goals. This was a bridge to far for Leeds but they should be commended for getting this far, for Silverdale they march on to the next round.

Edited by Haden

Sorry to be late on this, the final for the friendly cup will be @Dr\. bob vs @Dedede

Not sure what happened with Esequiel and Dedede last round but I'm guessing Esequiel failed to challenge in time.

Well then if @Dr\. bob hasn't already challenged dedede, I guess he has to challenge you instead. If it comes to it you can play the final on Friday though.

O sorry, I've challenged him already. Don't know if he's accepted yet.

The Final Eight Part 1

Winston Garden Lions 0-2 DuDs Baggies

Roberto-Mancini-011.jpg

The Lions faced the Baggies in what was to be the battle to see which of the non Elite Four clubs would make it into the semi finals. Winston tried to dominate the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation while Baggies opted for a risk 4-3-3 line up. It was Baggies even with their more fluid formation that seemed to have a stable grasp of the game. They were awarded a freekick that Dhall whipped in for Ashe to poke home. In the 2nd half Winston started to get more into the game on the 71st minute there was chaos however as Winston seemed to have mixed up shirt numbers as forward Goodison was brought on for defender Haswell to the dismay of their manager who tried to get the decision overturned. Baggies took advantage of this bizarre moment as Nixon fed a ball in that Dhall smashed home. When lone striker Ingham was injured Winston had to bring on youth Benmouih as his best remaining striker substitute to jeers of “You don't know what you're doing” from Baggies fans. This weird display should not take anything away from Baggies who got their gameplan spot on today and deserve to make it to the semi finals and can maybe start dreaming of making Xpert history?

AC Elites 1-3 Eights United

cristiano-ronaldo-2014.jpg

This had the potential to be a changing of the guard as AC Elites seem primed to take it to the next level soon but Eights United stood in their way today and showed they are still the top side in xpert for the moment. The Elites tried to play counter attacking football setting up with a 5-3-2 formation but Eights went for a midfield centric 4-5-1. This led to a lot of possession for Eights but neither side could carve out a goal. In the 2nd half Elites defence got tired and mistakes were made as Beck lost his marker to hit a shot in off the post, Capwell was then brought down in the box and Granas rifled home a penalty. Granas then curled in a freekick to put the game beyond doubt and notch up his 18th goal of the cup, Granas is so far the player of this competition without a doubt and in current form looks unstoppable. The Elites did get a late goal back when Faketura headed home a corner but it was to little to late. This was a great performance by Eights United and with Granas not to mention Beck in this sort of irresistible form you have to think who can stop them?

Haden’s Legends 0 - 3 Intergalactico stars

Manchester-City-v-Everton-Premier-League-2341329.jpg

There was little to choose between these managers in terms of tactics on the teamsheet, both teams running 442 head to head. In such a direct battle of individuals there was only going to be one winner here, but it took until the 69th minute to break the deadlock, with both of Nikos’s namesakes combining for a break goal on the break. By doubling up Legends star Grant Conden Haden’s Legends failed to get up the pitch, whilst Meridius, who has had a quiet season until this game, scored an excellent header and set up the third to kill off the game with a delightful through ball. Fans of Hadens will feel the team has met expectations this season and the youngsters will be better for the experience - they will need it next season, when for the first time the team will find themselves in the upper league. For fans of Inter, meanwhile, it has been a long time since topping the league - the fans were making noise at the end of this game. The manager will regret the suspensions to Scabos and Kirk for the forthcoming semifinal - DuD will have been the manager’s pick of the three teams to face in the semis but with depleted attacking options they are still some way from the final…

Silverdale Salmon 1 - 2 Yellow Submarine

Brendan_Rogers.jpeg

The hopes of Zell’s team seemed on edge in this quarter final clash when holding midfield veteran Irvine had to be replaced by one of the Yellow youths after 14 minutes, but that was not to stop the winning machine that is Yellow Submarine. The battle here was won by an overpowered Sub midfield, Ataisik seemingly doing everything right in his box-to-box role today, providng the corner for the opener and teeing up Falcao from outside the box for the winner. Silverdale will be disappointed to have only registered two shots on goal despite strong link up play between Scrimshaw and Calderwood - last week I questioned Sub’s defensive abilities but today they shut out one of the league’s best strike partnerships. They go into their huge semifinal clash with Elites with a fresh team, no injuries, no suspensions - Elites vs Sub is always a real event, and this one will be one to watch live.

So what's happening with the Europa League (if I say it often enough, it'll catch on)? Just played a relatively boring draw against Dedede, but he still has to play his semi final right?

Watched both games live wow at Yellow amazing striker midfield combo.

DuD you should have turned substitute mild injuries off lol you had Rio Ferdinand in goal :P

That was harsh, and doesn't make much sense...maybe playing careful was wrong, but other than that, what the....

So what's happening with the Europa League (if I say it often enough, it'll catch on)? Just played a relatively boring draw against Dedede, but he still has to play his semi final right?

I don't know tbh, the whole thing is a mess with people not challenging/not accepting.

Either you can play Hydra for the final, or Hydra and Dedede can play their semi final spot and you can play the final against whoever wins. Esequiel says he challenged Dedede though so it should've been a forfeit in favour of Lords of Hydra. I didn't get a response in time so I just went with an assumption to call the final. In my opinion it should be you and hydra playing the final.

So I think you should challenge Esequiel/Lords of Hydra for Friday. You can decide amongst yourselves if you want to do it differently though.

Well only they know what actually happened, so I'll let them sort it out and wait for them in the final.

Haha as if lol :( oh well.

Wasn't it you who was questioning my choice of having no back up keeper? Didn't really consider the situation of an injury in a one leg knockout :D whoops

I checked the time log and Hydra sent the challenge at 11:41 on friday (game day). I was at work so didn't see it and i

Accepted Bob's challenge as i assumed Hydra's had been deemed too late.

umad.gif

Awwww yeah! What a fantastic effort from the lads!

That was harsh, and doesn't make much sense...maybe playing careful was wrong, but other than that, what the....

The win bonus I used for this game might have had something to do with it!

You don't think I put down 1 million too? :p

@DuD , if the system doesn't set up a neutral bronze match itself, do you want to create one ourselves? We have enough time to play it home and away and then add up the scores.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Can do, but we'll need to sort both legs asap, as I might need to set tactics in advance (I'm on an 18 hour flight Monday, and don't know what the internet situation will be like where I'm headed).

Me and Rog were talking earlier about how great a manager Zell is. Really don't understand how The Sub are so successful! Is there some sort of secret about the intelligence special quality? The team must have been totally average three seasons ago when they first won the league. For the record, you're my personal pick to take up the vacant Spurs managerial position in the summer @Zell.

Excited for change reports! Should get them on sunday right?

Can do, but we'll need to sort both legs asap, as I might need to set tactics in advance (I'm on an 18 hour flight Monday, and don't know what the internet situation will be like where I'm headed).

We'll know if it set up automatically by tomorrow morning. If not, I'll send you an invite tomorrow evening(can't before), you just accept and send one right back and both matches are set up.

I checked the time log and Hydra sent the challenge at 11:41 on friday (game day). I was at work so didn't see it and i

Accepted Bob's challenge as i assumed Hydra's had been deemed too late.

Sooooo, we already played the final then? And you won? Shucks.

Me and Rog were talking earlier about how great a manager Zell is. Really don't understand how The Sub are so successful! Is there some sort of secret about the intelligence special quality? The team must have been totally average three seasons ago when they first won the league. For the record, you're my personal pick to take up the vacant Spurs managerial position in the summer @Zell.

Excited for change reports! Should get them on sunday right?

I love the lightbulb, I think it's great, especially on a playmaker.

Sooooo, we already played the final then? And you won? Shucks.

I think you went easy on me bob. Playing four defenders... looks like you've gone soft since our days battling it out in the lower league.