NEurope
BigTac

I'm Back

Pure gaming machine?... I agree with everything you said, and I know what you're trying to say, but a PlayStation or an Xbox are not pure gaming consoles, they are entertainment hubs.

A pure gaming console doesn't play DVDs out of the box, play music CDs out of the box, allow you to rip music to its harddrive, play that music over a title's soundtrack, browse the internet... That's more like a PC to me.

A pure gaming machine plays games. A Nintendo console is pure gaming machine.

I know. Note the raised commas* as they distinguish the words which I'm referring to and those that I would myself use.

The 360 and PS3 are treading the same path that consoles have journeyed down for over 20 years, and some people now see this linear progression as synonymous with what makes games games. As such Nintendo can be seen as taking the 'gimmicky' route, whereas in fact they are simply taking a shortcut through uncharted territory. The DS is Nintendo's first step, and I would praise it as the most surefooted display of understanding of that which has made games so great whilst offering a sneak peak of what's to come.

(I know it was a simple misunderstanding and you know all this already, but sometimes you just have to run with overly long metaphors.)

*Well, apostrophes in this case, but how many people will notice the difference?

I just want to know why everyone BELIEVES BigTac without even doubting. I'm eager to tell my friens about this, but I won't until I know he's not a fake.

BigTac has been with us along time. Giving us hope and information that no other site has. All his info is belivable and he has never been wrong. While we do not have Proof of his authenticity most of belive in what he has to say. He has been right before and his information allways make us love Nintendo more :yay:

I know. Note the raised commas* as they distinguish the words which I'm referring to and those that I would myself use.

The 360 and PS3 are treading the same path that consoles have journeyed down for over 20 years, and some people now see this linear progression as synonymous with what makes games games. As such Nintendo can be seen as taking the 'gimmicky' route, whereas in fact they are simply taking a shortcut through uncharted territory. The DS is Nintendo's first step, and I would praise it as the most surefooted display of understanding of that which has made games so great whilst offering a sneak peak of what's to come.

(I know it was a simple misunderstanding and you know all this already, but sometimes you just have to run with overly long metaphors.)

*Well, apostrophes in this case, but how many people will notice the difference?

Hmmm, should have seen that in the first place...

I still agree with what you said though. Hopefully, the Revolution can follow the same path as the DS.

I've always liked Ubisoft, I can't wait to see the ideas they come up with for the Revolution.

ubi soft are not frikkin american, they are french!

Did I miss something? Who said they were American?

Thanks for the info BigTac, i wanted to ask you some questions but it seems like you got a lot to deal with already so ill refrain.

revolution games are looking better than current 360 games, thats great to hear to a point, assuming its near the better end of the scale of that comparison, then nintendo will be good for the next gen...

1) any news on a ppu or any advanced physics for the Revolution?

I honestly don't know any facts about any part of the specs(cpu, gpu, and ppu possibility included)

2) Does revolution use any really good force feedback which is something I think is essential?

Why this certainly would go hand-in-hand with the controller just like a ppu I don't know if Nintendo has something in mind. Some developers have mention about how the controller will react to in game movements.

3) Is there any chance of Skies of Arcadia II or Shenmue III on Rev? ..or what do you know about what Sega is developing that you can share with us?

I don't know much on what Sega is working on but I can say that Sonic will becoming to the Revolution. There is also talk that they are making an unique/different game.

4) Are Resi5 and Sonic coming to Rev?

I'm not sure on what Capcom have in store for the Revolution but I have heard that Capcom has heard Okami talk and has looked into that possibility. Also Shinji Mikami is working on at least one exclusive for the Revolution. As I said, Sonic is coming to the Revolution, whether it's the same title as the 360/PS3 is up in the air. But I have heard of Sega experimenting with using the freehand controller to control the speed and nunchuk joystick for the movement. Don't know how it turned out though.

5) Can the Revolution carve a new market for nintendo in the non gaming arena?

I don't think we will know until the time comes when the games hit shelves. Who know that the DS with titles like Nintendogs, Brain Training... would have made such a huge impact.

i am totaly amped now. the only problem is that i have so long to wait till the next official new damn it.

to stabby the word is TRUST not THRUST. unless ofcourse you are feeling that damn happy about the info.

I Thrust BigTac all the time :p

But yeah, he's been around here for quite a while, and he's been right quite a few times... theres no reason to doubt him.

Thanks for the info ;)

From Ubisoft HQ. Now, before you become all excited, sadly I can not say much on what I heard and saw :shock: . Now on the recent news that was revealed http://revolution.ign.com/articles/680/680793p1.html. During my visit I was actually present at a meeting held between IAS and Ubisoft execs, and lead designers, so I can confirm that it will come to the Revolution and use the controller's unique features. From early talk there will finally be a good TMNT game, the recent games have all sucked big time.

Titles in development for Revolution:

Splinter Cell 4 :yay: :awesome:

Killing Day :hmm::cool:

Free Radical Project :awesome: :cool::yay:

TNMT :idea:::shrug::bouncy::hmm:

Brothers in Arms :idea::hmm:

Exclusive FPS :woops::bowdown: This will be huge.

Exclusive title unknown genre :idea::wtf: I was told but they wouldn't reveal to me what genre it will be.

Some other info I found out on my visit that I can confirm: Reggie is to deliver some exciting news at D.I.C.E speech – While specs can’t compete, graphics can compare to 360 on regular TV – The Revolution does indeed use new methods for creating amazing looking graphics that can make you feel the specs are higher – The classic shell controller is final – Nintendo still undecided on what will be included with the system - As Merrick touch up on before other than downloading pass games, you will be able to download game demos, trailers, maybe some other things -

Did you ask if it could be No End Soon?!?!

Ubi wouldn't comment on it earlier so i dont think they would now. i think "No End Soon" is actually "A Figment Of Imagination"

As they are questions about opinion i might as well ask u again Bigtac: do u know the rev's final name, and if so do u think the name is good/suitable?

Oh, and is the controller shell like the GC controller in shape/size, and does it have more or less buttons(if u can say)

As they are questions about opinion i might as well ask u again Bigtac: do u know the rev's final name, and if so do u think the name is good/suitable?

Oh, and is the controller shell like the GC controller in shape/size, and does it have more or less buttons(if u can say)

eith regards to the final name he has answered saying that he doesn't know what it is but developers do.

controller shell he hasn't exactly answered that one but he did say it was more comfortable than the GC controller. but it was just the empty shell so whether or not the existing buttons on the "wand" will be used or not? can we be sure?

i am totaly amped now. the only problem is that i have so long to wait till the next official new damn it.

to stabby the word is TRUST not THRUST. unless ofcourse you are feeling that damn happy about the info.

sorry, I'm belgian so I can't know everything about english. What does 'thrust' exactly mean?

Thrust means to push forward with force. for example you can thrust a knife at someone. it can have sexual connotations to it as well.

I just want to know why everyone BELIEVES BigTac without even doubting. I'm eager to tell my friens about this, but I won't until I know he's not a fake.

The reason why most of us here believe BigTac here is probably that he isn't some blogger claiming that he works at Nintendo and claims he's making a game running billions of polygons at 188.6 fps. He hasn't praised the Revolution to be the winner of next gen already, and he hasn't said anything that couldn't be true (most things he said will be true whether he's 'real' or not).

I'm getting so desperate for some news, I'm willing to believe a forum poster. Tac has been around for a while, so there's no reason why he'd just throw away his reputation, so I'm pretty sure he isn't making this up. At least I hope not.

thanks BigTac now I'm quite hyped about some of that information... is next gen sonic is comming the console is not that inferior, and... Okami... I hope they really release it on revolution, I for one would buy it. No info about RE5 though?

anyway... *prays for okami to see a release in a nintendo console* I want that game!

:bouncy:

The reason why most of us here believe BigTac here is probably that he isn't some blogger claiming that he works at Nintendo and claims he's making a game running billions of polygons at 188.6 fps. He hasn't praised the Revolution to be the winner of next gen already, and he hasn't said anything that couldn't be true (most things he said will be true whether he's 'real' or not).

I'm getting so desperate for some news, I'm willing to believe a forum poster. Tac has been around for a while, so there's no reason why he'd just throw away his reputation, so I'm pretty sure he isn't making this up. At least I hope not.

Indeed, I've had my doubts about him at first, but he makes it sound believable and he often says things like "I don't know more than that" which of course, sound true, after all he is not claiming to be some insider who knows everything.

Also he's a pretty nice guy, chatting with us and all, he's like a pal, his words might not be on the front page, but he posts them here in first hand, for us to discuss, for the sake of our comunity, if he wanted to be broadcasted he'd try another site/forum, even if it's was proven to be fake I wouldn't be mad at him because otherwise, because when he gives info, everything seems to liven up and start discussing. But I'm sure he isn't lying to us.

EDIT: also BigTac do you know if it's seeming like revolution will be able to run the unreal 3 engine, and if so, will it run? (like... will they port it over to it?)

Alright BigTac, I've been an avid reader and member of C-E and, well, I know and trust bigtac more than he knows/trusts me haha

Anyway, BigTac, hopefully you don't mind but I suppose its only to be expected, I also have a few questions :p

1. Do you know anything regarding the online part for Splinter Cell? A big reason why those games were so great on the Xbox was because the online spy vs. mercenary thing.

2. WTF is Killing Day? (lol, besides a FPS from Ubisoft, do we know anything else)

3. Is this Free Radical Project exclusive or just coming to the Revolution as well? (I'm guessing it's TS)

4. What can you find out about the exclusive FPS? Why will it be huge? As in huge game or huge as in amazing? Or both? and if you can, tell everyone why :p

Thanks a lot mate.

EDIT: also BigTac do you know if it's seeming like revolution will be able to run the unreal 3 engine, and if so, will it run? (like... will they port it over to it?)

Haven't Epic commented to that as a yes when they got the entire community over them after being fanboyish to the 360?

Also, they made comments UE3 'runs nicely' on a GeForce 6800, surely the Hollywood will be comparable to that?

Haven't Epic commented to that as a yes when they got the entire community over them after being fanboyish to the 360?

Also, they made comments UE3 'runs nicely' on a GeForce 6800, surely the Hollywood will be comparable to that?

No, that Mark Rein (I think) only said he requested a dev pack for it, more along the lines of "let's see what it's capable of" after Jim Merrick called him (the guy who left nintendo).

So that's why I'm kinda worried... I'd like to know if they'll take the time and port Unreal Engine into revolution, that would grant, or at least permit some extra third party games comming to revolution.

As for Hollywood, I don't know what power to expect, since we have no numbers whatsoever... 8 to 12 highly optimized pipelines would be my guess though, as for the clocks... I don't have a clue.

pedrocasilva, it seems like this time you can't even compare the gpu to computer standards (Ati said so), and Bigtac said it will use THAT technology that everybody talked about.

pedrocasilva, it seems like this time you can't even compare the gpu to computer standards (Ati said so), and Bigtac said it will use THAT technology that everybody talked about.
So did flipper, because it was made completly from ground for a console, but it did hold it's own next to a geforce 3, even if they don't want to... that comparation will be made even if it's like: PS3 and Xbox 360 can output Unreal 3 Engine and Revo can't.

It's important to be comparable even if build from the ground up. completly independent architecture means it's not a recycled chip or something scheduled to appear on PC market, I'd like to see how much power does that mean.

EDIT: I missed the comment where BigTac stated it would use what everyone talked about, does that mean it'll use that new/enhanced cube mapping, or the paralax mapping method used on unreal 3 that uses up a lot of memory in regular cards? (Only viable if only they could/would optimize it to use very little RAM for it...)